Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:36 PM   #1
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Default Fixing IE Crashes

Like a few other users, I've had issues with IE crashing when having anymore than 1 or two tabs open.

I'd suffered enough and went to find the cure, and I have it.

Since doing this, I've opened up more than 10 FFau windows in one IE session and no crashes (touch wood.)

The issue is one Adobe seems to be ignoring. It's not IE, so the FireFox devotees can save it - in fact, a similar issue has occurred with the Flash plug-in and FireFox.

Here's the step by step guide, perhaps a mod can make this sticky.
  1. Close all your apps, especially IE, Outlook, etc.
  2. Open a command window. Find 'Run...' in the Start Menu, type cmd and hit return if you're unsure what I mean.
  3. Change your directory to C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\flash. Somelike me might have C:\WINNT for the root Windows directory.
  4. Enter flashutil9b.exe -uninstallUnlock and hit return.
  5. Enter flashutil9b.exe -uninstallSafeVersions and hit return. If you typo this or the above command, it will ask you to install, so ignore it and type again.
  6. Enter del flash9b.ocx and hit return.
  7. Enter del flashutil9b.exe and hit return.
  8. Reboot now, don't start IE again.
  9. When the computer restarts, open IE and go to http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...ShockwaveFlash to reinstall flash.
  10. Go to ford forums and opens tabs like there's no tomorrow.

Hope this helps out a few other users.

Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

i found another fix.

http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/products/firefox/

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 08:34 PM   #3
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
It's the greatest fix of all. I swapped my sister onto Firefox, and she was amazed!

That, combined with CCleaner made a massive difference on her laptop.
www.ccleaner.com

Cheers

Darran
Old 17-03-2008, 08:37 PM   #4
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death351
The issue is one Adobe seems to be ignoring. It's not IE, so the FireFox devotees can save it - in fact, a similar issue has occurred with the Flash plug-in and FireFox.
:evil3:
Old 18-03-2008, 03:09 PM   #5
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another option is to forget windows completely

I've had no issues at all with flash player
Perana is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2008, 05:21 PM   #6
HSE2

I have been having trouble with IE7 with for a while. Is it the same issue Mark or do I have another problem?

This is what event log is sending away (i guess)

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6000.16609, time stamp 0x47575b9a, faulting module Flash9d.ocx, version 9.0.47.0, time stamp 0x466daac0, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0018ac87, process id 0x2fc40, application start time 0x01c885a8b4c79d64.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2008, 05:51 PM   #7
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Try IE8 beta works better then IE7 but some web pages come up a little wrong, you can turn on the IE7 compatable option though then all comes good.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2008, 07:36 PM   #8
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA2BA
Try IE8 beta works better then IE7 but some web pages come up a little wrong, you can turn on the IE7 compatable option though then all comes good.
Geez I am a Tech & even I steer clear of Beta programs coz I dont wont the hassle, however I have found this to work well to a degree:

http://www.ie7pro.com/

It sort of makes it IE 7.5

And Firefox is not all it is cracked up to be either as I have tried many versions & also fiddled with them to improve performance though found it is not better than IE to be honest as far as performance goes though it may be more stable again to a degree.

If you have a stable Computer to start with IE is fine though no Computer is totally stable at any given time :P
Buddy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2008, 09:10 PM   #9
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
I have been having trouble with IE7 with for a while. Is it the same issue Mark or do I have another problem?

This is what event log is sending away (i guess)

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6000.16609, time stamp 0x47575b9a, faulting module Flash9d.ocx, version 9.0.47.0, time stamp 0x466daac0, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0018ac87, process id 0x2fc40, application start time 0x01c885a8b4c79d64.
Looks like the same issue Ian. Give the above steps a go and see if it sorts out the issue with you as well. I haven't had either IE or FF crash since.
Old 20-03-2008, 10:01 PM   #10
HSE2

Thanks Mark.

I reckon about 4 weeks maybe a bit longer I started getting explorer crashing. It’s new PC with Vista that hasn't had one issue.

I thought it was one of its updates that had upset the apple cart and that it would eventually fix itself. Final straw was it crashed during airfare tickets and nearly cost me double fare.

I always have multiple windows open and thought not being able to access FF was a FF problem. Rest of the net seemed fine. I haven’t been able to access this site for the last 3 hours so I restarted the PC and my access is back.

Did a search for that fault and came up with not very much.

Will give your fix a try now.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
Old 25-03-2008, 04:01 PM   #11
HSE2

Seems to have worked.
Old 22-02-2009, 01:44 PM   #12
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i just attempted the fix on my laptop but the comands wouldnt work

i am getting over the freesing side of it big time

as this lappy will be going to the gods soon i i will put up with it for a while till the new one gets here ( broken screen and $720 for it to get repaired ) so insurance is getting a work out

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2009, 09:49 PM   #13
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The beta is now actually release candidate 1 and is very stable as a tech I too steer clear of early betas but when they get to a release candidate i often try them out . this one (IE8)is worth the effort
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy 1
Geez I am a Tech & even I steer clear of Beta programs coz I dont wont the hassle, however I have found this to work well to a degree:

http://www.ie7pro.com/

It sort of makes it IE 7.5

And Firefox is not all it is cracked up to be either as I have tried many versions & also fiddled with them to improve performance though found it is not better than IE to be honest as far as performance goes though it may be more stable again to a degree.

If you have a stable Computer to start with IE is fine though no Computer is totally stable at any given time :P

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2009, 09:02 AM   #14
cortina-mk1
Heavy right foot

install firefox and your troubles will go away
cortina-mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2009, 11:17 PM   #15
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try GOOGLE CHROME loads faster than FireFox and searches are quicker. FF used to be good, now its fallen over..