Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 21-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #31
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Chris

I have no doubt about the quality and absolute bang for buck! I must confess I only just learnt that a certificate is required for an after market s/c, last week! I did know about one being required for an after market Turbo. I was just curious, knowing your product, being a market leader, to what happens.

Cheers

Jase
Just to make things alittle clearer all the s/c kits that come with ADR compliancing only covers a base generic tune and no other mods such as exhaust or CAI. Once these other mods are fitted the ADR compliancing goes out the window, same goes for the T6's.

An engineer's certificate will be enough to keep things legal, basically all they want to know is that the kit has been fitted correctly and in a safe manner. Even the capa kits dont have ADR but a simple engineer's cert is enough to make them legal, EPA tests is another story.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2008, 06:36 PM   #32
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Obtaining a Modification Plate in Queensland that will make your supercharger legal as far as Queensland Transport is concerned is as simple as making an appointment with an engineer and paying $220.00 for the Plate and fixing it in position in their presence, providing the installation looks professionally done.
Ian
Aussie MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 11:44 AM   #33
Ford_allen

how is the process in victoria and how much would making your supercharged car cost? anyone with an experiences
Ford_allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 09:04 PM   #34
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_allen
how is the process in victoria and how much would making your supercharged car cost? anyone with an experiences
It depends on your training and experience. If you are not qualified as a motor engineer then it is probably best left to the experts like Chris from Bluepower. I have no idea what is required to obtain compliance in Victoria to make a supercharged installation "state legal". If you are a qualified motor engineer, then the cost of upgrading the modular V8 with forged pistons, forged conrods, racing bearings, steel timing chain tensioners (if needed), billet timing wheel and matching timing chain sprocket, modified oil pump and all the engine machining and balancing, gaskets, etc and ARP bolts and studs throughout, and full exhaust system and finally the Bluepower Kenne Bell supercharger kit plus tooling plus final dyno tuning, etc, etc, you can spend between $25000 to $30000. But the end result is very satisfying and absolutely mind boggling. The follow up costs in making the rest of the car keep up with the strains and stresses of all that power..... well who knows!!
Ian.
Aussie MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post