Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Closed Thread

Old 23-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #121
Cam
Stroking it...

Default Re: Site Outage

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
aff.com.au isn't our domain name and we don't use that port for Apache so something is wrong with the proxy server you are using.

Cheers
Russ
Sorry, I was being slack and abbreviating. It is fordforums.com.au. I don't use a proxy server on any of my machines or connections, (or my mobile) so it does seem a little strange to me..

Anyway, doesn't matter, I'll live with it..
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.

Last edited by Cam; 23-10-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old 23-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #122
Cam
Stroking it...

Snippy attached, but as above if it's just me then no stress, I guess I am special!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grab.JPG (47.9 KB, 76 views)
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Old 23-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #123
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Thanks Cam - that message suggests that you are using a proxy server (whether corporate or ISP provided) but we'd need to know whose proxy to see what it was refusing. The page call is just a standard GET message for page retrieval and I can load the page itself fine.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 24-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #124
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

I get that message randomly as well - mostly on my Telstra Motorola XOOM (Android) but when using a variety of browsers (Chrome, Dolphin, Opera etc). Also had it happen a few times on my desktop.

I just hit back and try again and it works.
Old 31-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #125
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

For what it's worth - here's a screenshot of what I get occasionally -

EDIT - sorry on my tablet and pic is way too big for the screen! Ill upload a smaller one later.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #126
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here we go -
Old 08-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #127
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

just a note:

since the upgrade, the "Remember me" check box seems to have a very short memory.

also, the "arrows" which point to threads one has previously posted on are sporadic and best and seem to be disappearing all together.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #128
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarite_guy View Post
just a note:

also, the "arrows" which point to threads one has previously posted on are sporadic and best and seem to be disappearing all together.
Seeing this alot too, didn't realise I used it so much till it dissappeared!

Old 08-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #129
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

good point and very same analogy.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #130
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

There is another thread that has been set up for reporting of issues. This particular issue (remember me) has been noted and a resolution provided.

Please have a read of this thread.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11380904

Cheers
Col

Last edited by russellw; 08-11-2012 at 07:23 PM.
This user likes this post:
Closed Thread