Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > F6 Owners Club of Australia

Old 08-03-2010, 11:49 AM   #1
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Default Drag Racing Thread

I figured since most of us are avid racers, whenever the opportunity arises LOL, it might be an idea to get a thread going on the subject. Put up your times, and any pics you might have, we can also use this as a bit of an advice central with tips and pointers or just ask some questions if you're not sure about something to do with either racing or set up.

I'll kick it off with some pics from the last T'n'T at Heathcote on 28/2, managed a best time of 13.08 which is down half a seciond of my previoius pb, however I now have the 19's. Even my 60 foot time was down by .2 in the end, early on it was over .5 of a second, the new wheel size has certainly changed the way the car reacts off the line. However as an added bonus I no longer run out of legs in 4th just before the line, being able to get over the line with around 500rpm to spare.

Tyre pressures really played a big part on the day though, with the 18" T1R Toyo tyres previously I was able to get good grip off the line with as much as 26-28psi in the tyres. I found that this really needed some re-working, starting at 28 with very little traction no matter what I tried I eventually ended the day at 22psi, even then I possibly needed to drop down to around 20psi, however due to the "wobbles" coming on at de-cel I really didn't want to risk it this time. It could have had a little to do with the track as well to some small degree, as soon as I got beyond the 60 the rear just started to spin causing me to shift a little earlier than I would have otherwise.

Initially I tried as much as 4000rpm stall off the line but as soon as I was fully engaged and over the 60 it really didn't want to hold traction. As I said I eventually went as low as 22psi and was around mid 3000rpm off the line and slipping probably a little longer than what I had previously.

Obviously the new wheel/tyre size is making quite a difference, not only off the line but at the finish line as well, once I re learn the new set up hopefully the times should be much better than what I had done previously.

A big thanks to Johnny NoGas for the pics as well.

Hopefully the next time I send out a message some of you softies might actually come out, Rick made the trek (all the way from Bendigo LOL) with two of his boys, had a good chat, including what he thinks of my bonnet and he loves it : , was good to catch up, would have been good to have a few out there but maybe another time. The weather was actually quite good, even though it was pretty crappy back in Melbourne and no doubt some of you made a decision based on the local weather, always remember that Heathcote is usually the total opposite to Melbourne.

Anyway, that's my latest run out at Heathcote, it's been almost a year since the last time I had the F6 on the track but let's try to get as many F6s to the next T'n'T day Sunday March 14. Might be a good chance for everyone to get some practice in before the AFF drag day as well, that way you can get a better idea of time to use for your dial in.

Last edited by XRQTR; 08-03-2010 at 11:54 AM.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

This Sunday? thought it was 21st... Must have had the dates mixed up
Old 18-03-2010, 11:56 PM   #3
IQUIK6

i am hanging to take mine down to the trackkkk..lets organise another date???
IQUIK6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Heard Frank (rapid (taxi) BF) went 12.4 last night, well done mate, did you find a new launch technique??

Also just to add to that, just checked Heathcote and they have this Sunday 11th April and Friday 16th April T'n'T, Friday opens at 5pm and racing from 6pm. Who's up for this Sunday coming?? Let's try to get some cars out for the day, bring your missus and kids along and make it a family day out, weather is looking good for this coming weekend.

Last edited by XRQTR; 04-04-2010 at 11:52 AM.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2010, 11:51 PM   #5
IQUIK6

yeah thanks stef, had fun at calder ran a 12.4 at 117mph...on fullstreet trim... tyres were down around 24psi on 2 inch rims... 60" was a 1.9 but i did manage a 60" of 1.8 but missed third so i think there was more room for improvement with the 12.4 maybe a 12.2 was close by only had 4 runs all night at calder... was good seeing wat the car was capable of...here are some photos...
IQUIK6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2010, 01:43 PM   #6
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here in Adelaide we don't even have a strip
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post