Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-04-2008, 12:09 PM   #151
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIK67
Tuff call to say Harry won't be any good based on his defence methods. Fev only kicked 1 goal out of his 7 from a contested mark, the others were from marks out in front or snap shots. Harry couldn't match Fev's speed. All backmen grab jumpers or arms to get an advantage, it's all about what you can get away with to beat your opponent.
I have nothing against him, but he hangs off and grabs opponents all the time...

To his defence, he's a hard worker, which Malthouse will like.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #152
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Am an avid Swans Supporter...correction...Barry Hall supporter. He is passionate about the game and it is good to see some old fashion biffo in the game! He is a great player and he tried to walk over at quarter time to apologise but was pounced on...sorry...one eyed Barry supporter here. He was right...everyone else was WRONG!!!
Oh enough already with this Rubbish :

My Wife & I are not Football or AFL Supporters because of this sort of Thuggish & Juvenile Behavior that this so called God of yours exhibited :

For people like you to keep going on about how good he is etc is just plain annoying.

Yeah if he was Bawling as you put it is only because he had run into a fence & injured himself & or knew he would be out for awhile because of his actions.

He even did that thing with his hands, like what I did nothing to anybody :

Lucky we are not all like this Guy or we would be beating each other up all the time.

And what a great Example to Children NOT!

There is no place in sport today for this sort of thing FULLSTOP!
Buddy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2008, 07:12 PM   #153
BZINGA
Powered by Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I have nothing against him, but he hangs off and grabs opponents all the time...

To his defence, he's a hard worker, which Malthouse will like.
Yeah he does try hard, but i guess when you look at his methods as a defender, he's trying to frustrate his opponent and that's when you see stupid mistakes and that's what Staker did to Hall and now the world knows how Hall reacted to it - being frustrated got him 7 weeks.
BZINGA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2008, 07:32 PM   #154
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIK67
Yeah he does try hard, but i guess when you look at his methods as a defender, he's trying to frustrate his opponent and that's when you see stupid mistakes and that's what Staker did to Hall .

In my opinion thats just not football. It also tells me, when a player reverts to those sort of tactics they are admitting they are matched up on an opponent who has their measure.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2008, 07:44 PM   #155
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
In my opinion thats just not football. It also tells me, when a player reverts to those sort of tactics they are admitting they are matched up on an opponent who has their measure.

Your having a lend aren't you
Old 19-04-2008, 11:37 AM   #156
tel408
Your converter do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woz
No, it didn't give Barry Hall the green light. It justified nothing. However, that would be the reason why it happened. Barry Hall got frustrated and let loose with a blind swing after two HUGE, yet unsuccessful, attempts to break the hold.

I haven't said at any point that Barry Hall's actions have been justified. Just that Brent Staker wasn't belted from nowhere after doing nothing wrong. He was an instigator. I'm not saying that Barry Hall should have gotten off with a slap on the risk, just that the people crying for him to be hung after letting loose from nowhere have been ridiculous in their ability to be overly one-eyed.
LOL your kiding wright? He got that frustrated that the only course of action was to deck Staker? You know thats really funny! I"ll have to remember that one the next time another afl player gets "Frustrated". I know. Lets put a boxing ring on the ground some were, so when a couple of players get "Frustrated" they can go a couple of rounds! Or better still, make it the half time entertainment! The punters will get two sports for the price of one!

LOL People on this thread just dont get it. Maybe most of you need to change your medication! Iam an eagles supporter and would feal the same way if an eagles player had a "Brain Snap." Its not in the spirit of the game, however "Huge" the tackle might be. :togo:

A1 Performance Torque Converters
tel408 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2008, 12:00 PM   #157
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by tel408
LOL your kiding wright? He got that frustrated that the only course of action was to deck Staker? You know thats really funny! I"ll have to remember that one the next time another afl player gets "Frustrated". I know. Lets put a boxing ring on the ground some were, so when a couple of players get "Frustrated" they can go a couple of rounds! Or better still, make it the half time entertainment! The punters will get two sports for the price of one!

LOL People on this thread just dont get it. Maybe most of you need to change your medication! Iam an eagles supporter and would feal the same way if an eagles player had a "Brain Snap." Its not in the spirit of the game, however "Huge" the tackle might be. :togo:

hall had a brain freeze - yes. hall was frustrated and took it out on staker - yes. what hall did was wrong and deserved the 7 weeks - yes.

but... you can't just take staker out of the picture. if the umpires were doing their job properly there should've been a free kick. its a known fact that power forwards or forwards in general get a raw deal from the umpires. a lot of the time its because they act to much but on some occasions, if the same thing happened in the midfield the whistle would be in the mouth before you could blink.... or throw a punch for that matter.

the issue here has been and gone. he threw a punch. he got suspended for 7 weeks. end of story.

it wasn't a 'king hit'. it wasn't 'a punch that could kill'. and there was 2 people involved.
Old 19-04-2008, 09:07 PM   #158
tel408
Your converter do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
hall had a brain freeze - yes. hall was frustrated and took it out on staker - yes. what hall did was wrong and deserved the 7 weeks - yes.

but... you can't just take staker out of the picture. if the umpires were doing their job properly there should've been a free kick. its a known fact that power forwards or forwards in general get a raw deal from the umpires. a lot of the time its because they act to much but on some occasions, if the same thing happened in the midfield the whistle would be in the mouth before you could blink.... or throw a punch for that matter.

the issue here has been and gone. he threw a punch. he got suspended for 7 weeks. end of story.

it wasn't a 'king hit'. it wasn't 'a punch that could kill'. and there was 2 people involved.

: You Hall supporters crack me up. Time to move on.

A1 Performance Torque Converters
tel408 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2008, 09:54 PM   #159
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by tel408
: You Hall supporters crack me up. Time to move on.
you admit you are a west coke eagles supporter and then think that your view will be unbiased.

for the record i am not a swans or hall supporter. i don't barrack for any particular afl team. i watch it as a sport lover. i'm not and if you look back over my posts, have never condoned what hall did. i just don't think it was as bad as the media try to make it. 'king hit' will sell a lot better than high contact, although i admit it was a bit more severe than a title of 'high contact' might suggest.

i do agree that it is old news now though and time to move on.
Old 19-04-2008, 10:00 PM   #160
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am not a Swans or Eagles supporter, and I think people trying to defend Hall are a joke.

What he did was wrong, there is no justification. Staker might have been hanging off him, but Harry O'Brien and Matthew Scarlett are similar, and neither have been punched in the same method.

It is purely Hall's problem. There is no excuse.

I am a Geelong supporter by the way.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post