Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-05-2019, 07:03 PM   #901
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

I finally stopped masticating (i think thats the term meaning when cows stand around just chewing grass) and procrastinating, and straightened out the thing of the thing that locks the sliding window for the canopy of my work ute. So i dont have the convenience of pop outs on my work ute, work are cheapskates, but i have 1 that slides. I smashed that years ago but made my own out of plexiglass and tint matched it amazingly. With the metal thing on the plexi it would slide in and lock. A pain to unlock as i would have to dive in to reach the latchy thing. So id either take the metal bit off or not quite close it all the way. At some point being open just a tad as to not lock it came off and bent. Over the past 12 months ive found 5 minute here or there often enough but with the angles and channels never got it straight enough. So for the past year its been unlocked where the good stuff is. Today i had an idea. I have many bad ideas, that happens all the time, but this one was a good one. So for a 5mm channel thats bent, why not hammer through a 5mm rod starting from the unbent end to straighten the thing out. Wasnt as straight forward as i hoped but it worked. So now my tools are locked in the back of the ute. Its still an easy target for a theif, but slightly harder for an idiot to get into.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2019, 12:42 AM   #902
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Ante Morić gets his first win in charge of Dandenong City!

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2019, 08:54 PM   #903
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Smile Re: What made you feel good today?

TLDR: Got a discount at work, dodged a fine.

There's a story about Bon Scott returning to one of his "home" pubs in Glasgow after literally years on the road in Australia being a successful rocker. Walked in the door, someone spotted him and he scored a pint mug to the face. Familiarity lingers.

And a brickie we used to use, Norrie, he returned to Manchester (from whence he had come) for a holiday after twelve years on a trowel in Sydney. Walked into his old pub, someone greeted him within seconds: "Norrie! They said you'd gone away but we didn't realise how long."

Thursday morning I walked into the local depot of a hire chain. First time for over two years - I've been working up and down the eastern states until my father could no longer live independently. Same old, same old from the counter - as if I'd been in just the week prior. It's both reassuring and unsettling. Hadn't even got to the front of the queue and I'd been offered a local gig, nice to think that grey hair isn't always damnation. Picked up my hire and went to the job (small run of fence).

Back next morning, depot booked me a four hour hire instead of a whole day: "You've been coming here forever, it's the least we can do for you." That was nice; I have been using them for about twenty years.

Then - Friday arvo, the wife of my ute's on-paper owner forwards me a photo of an infringement notice I was expecting - had been having a vigorous discussion with Konfetka in the car about where we might park near Westfield - she just whips off her seatbelt as I drive slowly through a mall with angle parking each side and says "I'm getting out here". (And you never win an argument with a Russian woman...) Totally oblivious to the parkie literally behind the car! Being a double points long weekend I'm not driving anywhere with an unbelted passenger so the anchors go on and she bundles out, middle of the flaming laneway as parkie goes mad with the camera. So yes, I knew I was fined for stopping illegally, but better than a double demerits ping - and it's a place where the coppers regularly lurk.

The punchline to this, my infringement notice said "Warning Only" and penalty was $0. Great way to finish my Friday.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-05-2019, 09:42 PM   #904
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In my dads home country town for a reunion, took off in a borrowed 4x4 for the arvo with my little bro to chase mud holes and get filthy. 11/10 would do again.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 13-05-2019, 06:42 PM   #905
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

A long bush walk with my dog. Peace and quite and no people!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2019, 07:52 PM   #906
XR.1967
XR 1967

Paying for my new 351 for the XR
XR.1967 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2019, 07:56 PM   #907
Kicking back

Did a job today and my contact gave me quite a nice compliment . She is 22 or 23. She lingers when im working, she probably has a booring job. So im doing my thing under the board room table fixing the hdmi stuff and shes asking how my weekend was and general chit chat. After a bit i say im getting to old for this ****. She says im only her age. I laughed and said my kid turns 10 in 3 months. She says i started young and deffinately dont look 27. I laughed again. I had to proove im 32 as she didnt beleive me. She asked my secret, i have no secret, i live a rubbish lifestyle, so i said in a joking way i cant help that im incredibly good looking. The dumb thing about that joking statement, was she aggreed. Oh and the other good thing about today was having a laugh with the boys on my team about a funny slightly messed up story the old bloke at work told me. Hes deffinately a character.
Old 13-05-2019, 08:21 PM   #908
jstanovic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Did a job today and my contact gave me quite a nice compliment . She is 22 or 23. She lingers when im working, she probably has a booring job. So im doing my thing under the board room table fixing the hdmi stuff and shes asking how my weekend was and general chit chat. After a bit i say im getting to old for this ****. She says im only her age. I laughed and said my kid turns 10 in 3 months. She says i started young and deffinately dont look 27. I laughed again. I had to proove im 32 as she didnt beleive me. She asked my secret, i have no secret, i live a rubbish lifestyle, so i said in a joking way i cant help that im incredibly good looking. The dumb thing about that joking statement, was she aggreed. Oh and the other good thing about today was having a laugh with the boys on my team about a funny slightly messed up story the old bloke at work told me. Hes deffinately a character.
Did you get her number? (Assuming you’re single...) is she hot?
jstanovic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2019, 08:25 PM   #909
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstanovic View Post
Did you get her number? (Assuming you’re single...) is she hot?
Not a bad sort, but i did the whole early 20s thing in my early 20s. And yes, i have an ex wife. Its just funny when im being clearly a smart *** and people agree.
Old 13-05-2019, 08:32 PM   #910
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I maintain you need to make the ex dragon jealous by hooking up with some eye candy half her age.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2019, 08:34 PM   #911
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
I maintain you need to make the ex dragon jealous by hooking up with some eye candy half her age.
Ex dragon? I prefer the term psycho hose beast.
Old 13-05-2019, 08:45 PM   #912
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

You poor bugger.

I felt good today not driving the loaner E46. Took it for a Mother’s Day outing yesterday, old highway and Wollombi to Broke for a picnic lunch, then back via the Putty Rd - a round trip of about 400km. The “sports” seat does not agree with my lower back, last 150km was agony. Got into my Pug to drop older brother home after a family dinner wrap-up and the relative comfort level of those 29 year old, 325000km seats was utter bliss.
Old 13-05-2019, 11:12 PM   #913
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Damn you, you made me miss my old 79 Scorpion!
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2019, 11:18 PM   #914
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Astron 2.6? We are talking old school 2 door sigmas right?
Old 14-05-2019, 12:57 AM   #915
marty351
Shenanigans..............

2.0/904

Unbreakable

and a 2 door coupè
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2019, 02:19 PM   #916
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Stumbled across this thread

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11478501

Cool
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2019, 04:51 PM   #917
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Citroenbender,
Did you admire any sandstone and granite entrance ways along the 17km Milbrodale Rd ? I built practically everyone from Broke to Milbrodale.

On the left side heading west is sandstone country and on the right is the basalt plains within the Hunter.

Lovely place, when the army aren't bombing and the mines aren't blasting......

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2019, 04:56 PM   #918
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
My fist car was a 79 GH Scorpion!

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 14-05-2019, 04:56 PM   #919
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

RW, you’d know the winemaker with a Renault 25 “habit” then. (And of course the Citroën hoarding stonemasons from Guildford no doubt.)

I skipped Milbrodale Rd, heading up towards the minepits, then across. Was sort of hoping to see one of the monster bits of equipment crossing an overhead bridge - no dice.
Old 14-05-2019, 04:59 PM   #920
roKWiz
Cabover nut

You went the wrong way. Most of those winemakers (Louis Laval ??) are quite mad.
I know the guy who sits up there in the big house on the hill and controls the grape prices every vintage.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2019, 08:11 PM   #921
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Lemon tart at Woolies, marked down from $8 to $3.20 so it had to be got.

I miss the “just get rid of it” discounts of Coles in northern Tasmania, where redistribution or return to warehouse on many perishables or things approaching expiry was deemed not cost effective. 70c blocks of Lindt choccy with chilli, for one example. Longer summer days made it easier to work off the discount kilojoules.
Old 15-05-2019, 08:13 PM   #922
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Gave my car a wash. It came up alright.
Old 16-05-2019, 08:39 PM   #923
Kicking back

The planned team building event at work got cancelled last minute today. It was booked for 11am today. All they effectively do is make my next day busy. Over the years though there has been 2 good ones, one at a brewery, we all share a common interest, beer. And the other was a comercial training flight simulator, that was actually a bit of fun.
Old 16-05-2019, 09:46 PM   #924
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

That flight sim would've been fun. I'm going to build one someday.
Old 16-05-2019, 10:02 PM   #925
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
That flight sim would've been fun. I'm going to build one someday.
This was a proper front cut of a Boeing 737 with all the buttons and controls and seats and co piolet stuff. They also have the same deal with an f something fighter. That wasnt a bad event. It was a genuine training facility for people training for comercial aviation licences. It was something like $250 per head for 30 minutes each. Work paid, but it wasnt a bad time at all.
Old 16-05-2019, 10:20 PM   #926
Lunch
Wait, what?

This
[IMG][/IMG]
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2019, 01:06 AM   #927
Kicking back

I like to support local businesses. 18 months ago in one of the business parks in work for had a new coffee shoppe open. I had spoken with the owner when it opened, it was her first business venture. Not going to lie, i only went there when i was working on site to support the little guy. But with time, things have got a lot better. Time makes experience greater. What i think was inadvertantly a brilliant business decision was when this coffee shop asked permission from the building manager to hold a bbq for their 1st anniversary. The building manager said yes, and said print some flyers which he handed to tenants from his 2 buildings and it turnened into a somewhat comunity event. So they went back to fridays as usual for a few weeks. But now friday is bbq day and the small time operator is killing it, even though they dropped the price. Ive spoken and its more an economy of scale, but its a tad more upscale then a family bbq and theres no snags like bunnings, but worth the $10, and a Friday community event they have created. For a small time operation, theyre on it. I didnt have time today for lunch at the bbq, my lunch break is half an hour and the line was longer then that.
Old 20-05-2019, 06:05 PM   #928
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-...harma/11128954

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 20-05-2019, 08:16 PM   #929
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Spending time with family, attending and celebrating my daughter’s graduation. ( Bachelor of Commerce , Monash Uni ) She’s the smartest cookie i know..... very proud.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 20-05-2019, 08:50 PM   #930
black13
born to be mild

I work long hours, nature of the job . I had the opportunity to pick my son up from preschool today. The look on his face when i walked in to the room , he was so happy to tell all that i was here to pick him up. The simple things in life are the best.
triumph Daytona 1200
the black beast busa gsx1300r
black13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post: