Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-09-2014, 06:48 PM   #61
Vallidium

Default Re: Legal advice needed for re-birthed fpv tyhpoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
i think red flags would have popped up for me when the guy wouldnt do the deal at his own house...

If I've ever sold a car or bike I actually make a point of not doing it at my place, I'll always try and do it somewhere public, too many dodgy people around that come and look to sus it out and then come back and steal it another time if it's worth while for them.
Vallidium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2014, 07:23 PM   #62
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
i think red flags would have popped up for me when the guy wouldnt do the deal at his own house...
Its normal not to disclose your home address when showing a performance or collector car for sale, and meeting elsewhere.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-09-2014, 01:20 PM   #63
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallidium View Post
ive been asking the police to talk to the insurance comapny rep but they dont want to give me that info for some reason at the moment, ive made it clear to the police that i want to try and sort this out without court though so hopefully they dont stuff me around. When the new engine was put in i had a blue slip done and it was passed so yes the new engine was registered to the car. I do have receipts for it all aswell.

What youre saying is pretty much best case scenario for me at the moment, thats eaxcatly what im hoping will happen, what would be good is if i could find out how much a 2007 typhoon goes for at auction with a blown engine so i have an idea what i will have to pay the insurance company, unfortunately not many wreckers want to say how much they get thier cars for from the auctions.

First things first, you need to call NRMA and speak to the theft unit about this. The cops will do nothing in relation to what money you have put into the car, because all they are worried about is the crime. What money you spent on the car is a civil matter.

If you know it is NRMA then call Existing claims 131 123. It may be hard to get through to the person who is looking after the claim because you will need a rego or Vin number of the original numbers, but be firm do not get angry as it will be hard to locate any info.

You will first speak to a rep, if you have no luck speak to a Team Leader in claims, if still no luck ask for the Team Leader of the car theft department, and then if nothing further ask for the manager.

Take down the people full name or reference number, phone number etc. and do not let it go. This is the best way to get something back.

http://www.nrma.com.au/contact-us/ph...42549135-55378
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2014, 01:28 PM   #64
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's assuming they will even talk to you and not hide behind the usual privacy clause.
Old 30-09-2014, 01:33 PM   #65
Vallidium

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled View Post
First things first, you need to call NRMA and speak to the theft unit about this. The cops will do nothing in relation to what money you have put into the car, because all they are worried about is the crime. What money you spent on the car is a civil matter.

If you know it is NRMA then call Existing claims 131 123. It may be hard to get through to the person who is looking after the claim because you will need a rego or Vin number of the original numbers, but be firm do not get angry as it will be hard to locate any info.

You will first speak to a rep, if you have no luck speak to a Team Leader in claims, if still no luck ask for the Team Leader of the car theft department, and then if nothing further ask for the manager.

Take down the people full name or reference number, phone number etc. and do not let it go. This is the best way to get something back.

http://www.nrma.com.au/contact-us/ph...42549135-55378

I'll give them a call today and see what they say, the copper did mention a ladies name in Melbourne from Nrma so I might see if I can get onto her and just see what she has to say, I do t really think there's any privacy issues though especially if they technically own the car
Old 30-09-2014, 02:38 PM   #66
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallidium View Post
I'll give them a call today and see what they say, the copper did mention a ladies name in Melbourne from Nrma so I might see if I can get onto her and just see what she has to say, I do t really think there's any privacy issues though especially if they technically own the car
Privacy should not be an issue as you are not wanting information about the claim itself. You want information on what they are going to be doing with your motor and what you are entitled to.

My guess is that you will be talking to someone from IAG, if they are located in Melbourne as NRMA does not do insurance in Victoria. Maybe even give the police a call and ask for the person’s name at the insurance company.
Old 30-09-2014, 04:39 PM   #67
Vallidium

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled View Post
Privacy should not be an issue as you are not wanting information about the claim itself. You want information on what they are going to be doing with your motor and what you are entitled to.

My guess is that you will be talking to someone from IAG, if they are located in Melbourne as NRMA does not do insurance in Victoria. Maybe even give the police a call and ask for the person’s name at the insurance company.
I gave the NRMA a buzz on that number you mentioned about 2 hours ago, i have tried asking the police officer for more details on who was looking after all this from the NRMA but he didnt seem very keen on passing on any info when i asked months ago, in any case hes proving very difficult to get any updates from via email and every time i call i am just told that he will call me when the time comes and theres nothing i can do basically, im not meaning to sound rude im sure that he has more important cases to deal with than a stolen car, especially in todays day and age with the events in sydney.

Anyway, i talked to a few different people on that number and i actually managed to get the old policy # that the car had when it was paid out which is helpful ! They then put me onto the theft dept and i explained the situation and that i just wanted to talk to the person managing this case to find out what position they are in with it all at the moment....she said the manager was busy and she would call me back so i left my number and im waiting on a return call, so far so good ! I just hope i get a reasonable manager that isnt Hitler re-incarnated and employed by the NRMA to get as much money as possible In any case thanks for your input it has been very helpfull !
Old 30-09-2014, 05:20 PM   #68
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

did you tell them that the motor is yours and that you were planning to put an encumberance on it? they will get nowhere near what they want for a motor-less car.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2014, 05:32 PM   #69
STINKY NINJA
Banned

The car was a supposed copy of a typhoon and it had a blown motor at the time of sale,so basically an xt falcon with a 270kw motor(blown) definitely not a performance car or collectors item,i can understand meeting elsewhere if you have a geunine gt or whatnot,not the car in question... lesson learned here, it think it had dodgy written all over it personally.
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2014, 05:35 PM   #70
Vallidium

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
did you tell them that the motor is yours and that you were planning to put an encumberance on it? they will get nowhere near what they want for a motor-less car.
no not yet, once i get a call back from the person dealing with it ill try and get a feel of if they are going to be helpful or not before i start making any threats of lawyers and stuff like that, its a pretty hairy situation in that they could just as easily tell me to get stuffed or if i play nice hopefully they will aswell, either way they have the upper hand at this stage. Fingers crossed they will see that they can make some more money and be happy just to get rid of it
Old 30-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #71
Vallidium

Quote:
The car was a supposed copy of a typhoon and it had a blown motor at the time of sale,so basically an xt falcon with a 270kw motor(blown) definitely not a performance car or collectors item,i can understand meeting elsewhere if you have a geunine gt or whatnot,not the car in question... lesson learned here, it think it had dodgy written all over it personally.
well i didnt really have a choice of where to view it because of the blown motor, it was at the workshop for the blown motor which is where i ran into it to begin with and was told it was for sale. Each to their own though i guess, like i said i never meet with anyone at my house and thats just for my own piece of mind regardless of what it is im selling. Looking back though there were warning signs, i just thought i had found a good deal and didnt think about it properly.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:41 AM   #72
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well its good you got the policy number and you were able to get to the theft department. I can understand from working in the industry that they can be very busy and may not get a call back straight away.

I would suggest try calling on a daily basis if you do not hear back, they will eventually have to talk to you, also ask for the person’s name who you are wanting to talk to, will make it easier when calling back.