Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-09-2014, 08:14 PM   #1
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Hychill western sydney

G'day, would anyone know where I can get a Hychill regas done in western sydney?

Cheers

calais is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2014, 09:27 PM   #2
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Hychill western sydney

Tried looking here ?

http://www.hychill.com.au/
Old 21-09-2014, 09:36 PM   #3
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I cant help you with a place in Western Sydney but I used Hychill successfully in my EL Fairmont Ghia, it works better than R134a, it cools better and doesn't load up the compressor as much as its easier to compress. You can also actually buy it without a refrigeration license as its not regulated like R134a is, so worst case scenario you could get it from Bursons and bring it to an auto electrician who does A/C work, just bring the gas chart along so they know how much to put in if they haven't used it before. I'm not sure if it comes in less than 20KG cylinders though?

There is a bit of crap flung against it about it being flammable, but 300 grams of the stuff is what a Falcon takes, nothing really.

Its also a drop in replacement for older systems with R12 (pre 1994), no messing around with changing fittings and oil in the system like you have to for R134a.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2014, 11:13 PM   #4
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

I assume it is for an older car but be careful with late model cars and Hychill

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-09-2014, 02:07 AM   #5
Z2TT

Call up the Hychill office and speak to Ross, he will be able to get you in contact with a few workshops who can service your car with Hychill, or call the regional manager for your state.

I run all my cars on Hychill old and new, first thing I did on my FG XR6T when I brought it back home was put Hychill in it and works great.

Just remember most of the time the car is going to need more than a regas as it stopped working for a reason. Make sure you find somebody who knows what their doing, and get everything checked out, condition of all hoses, condenser, compressor, fittings and most importantly a proper leak test and pressures and temps to ensure all is working well. Ensure that the electric thermo fans are working properly at all speeds.

Last edited by Z2TT; 29-09-2014 at 02:25 AM.
Z2TT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post