Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #1
Landau Stable
Landau Tragic

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his many posts on welding and fabricating for coupes 
Default The distinguished Gentleman's ride, aiming to give a single fingured salute goodbye to prostate cancer

Greetings gentlefolk. If I may, I'd like to raise your attention to a very worthy cause this upcoming Sunday, 28th September. Motorcycle riders across the globe are taking to wearing their finest dapper outfits and riding their café, vintage, and bobber themed bikes and riding them together to raise funds towards fighting prostate cancer. Prostate cancer is a particularly nasty disease, and 1 in 6 men will fall prey to it. No doubt you will all know someone or be related to someone who has suffered from this.
For those who are willing, please head off to the Distinguished Gentleman's website to make a generic donation, and check out the cities participating, the rides, and funds raised so far. http://www.gentlemansride.com/
Yours truly will be participating and raising funds also. Having lost my grandfather to this illness, I think I should also do my part for this event. I'll be dressed up and riding my girlfriends little orange ts185 farm bike turned café racer. If you would like to make a more specific donation by sponsoring my Sydney ride, I'd be most obliged. http://www.gentlemansride.com/sponso...hael%20broholm
Both links have the availability to use paypal or credit card, as well as receiving a tax invoice. The really good news is that more than a million has already been raised, for this events second year of running as a charity. I'll be posting up some pictures of the Sydney ride hopefully on Sunday evening.
To all the good fellows reading this, a reminder that if you are over 40 you should talk to your doctor about getting checked. Fortunately you no longer need to look for a little lady doctor with small hands anymore either, as you can now be tested with a blood sample.
Thanks guys!

p.s. Moderators, if this is in an inappropriate category, please feel free to move it.

Also, here is a pic of the little bike i'll be riding

Last edited by Landau Stable; 26-09-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Landau Stable is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #2
Hawkeye84

Default Re: The distinguished Gentleman's ride, aiming to give a single fingured salute goodbye to prostate cance

a mate of mine organises this event - its a great cause
Awesome bike Landau Stable
Hawkeye84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-09-2014, 03:26 PM   #3
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: The distinguished Gentleman's ride, aiming to give a single fingured salute goodbye to prostate cance

I'm not a Bike rider and I've already donated my blood test and Prostrate at our local Hospital

But here's hoping Mr Plod in QLD don't enforce their 'no more than 3 bikes' law.
Old 26-09-2014, 07:50 PM   #4
XR6Runner
Sling Shot

I would have loved to participate, but i ride a road going dirt bike :( Donated!
XR6Runner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-09-2014, 10:16 PM   #5
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saw the Perth guys in Freo, some great looking bikes, especially the old Dukes and Café racers, some good efforts at dressing the part too, very cool.