Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
twr7cx

Question Error message - Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify t

I keep receivng the following when trying to post a new for sale thread:

Quote:
Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
Any ideas?

Have tried two different computers and three different browsers.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Error message - Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please noti

depends on what you are doing but if you are clicking a link that a mod or admin have deleted within about 10 seconds prior to you clicking it you may see that message

I see it every now and then as well

most of the time you will see a message stating you dont have the right permissions to view the selected item

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #3
twr7cx

Default Re: Error message - Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please noti

Cheers, but as per my post above, I am "...trying to post a new for sale thread"...
Old 11-06-2013, 12:12 AM   #4
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Could be you are trying to post a photo and it is not accepting the image. There is an issue with images loading in the for sale section I believe as you need to insert this first fordforums.com.au/clear.gif

Cheers
Col
Old 11-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #5
twr7cx

Question Re: Error message - Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please noti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise View Post
Could be you are trying to post a photo and it is not accepting the image. There is an issue with images loading in the for sale section I believe as you need to insert this first fordforums.com.au/clear.gif
Thanks Col, but can you please clarify in more detail regarding the picture issue and how I would resolve it.

I tried a mock for sale thread with the following in the body:

Quote:
gwgfgsd
gg
sdgh
g
sdf
gsdfsf

gfgs

[img]fordforums.com.au/clear.gif[/img]
But I received the same error message?

If I remove the IMG code, I then get the following error message:

Quote:
twr7cx, you need to include an image with your advertisement. Use the insert image button on the form
Old 11-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #6
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Having not used the For Sale area for a very,very long time, I can't remember how it gets entered. I am sure once russellw sees this thread, he will be able to help you.

Sorry.

Cheers
Col
Old 11-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #7
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

The error usually comes for one of two reasons. You are taking too long to complete the post (in which case the cookie used by the form expires) or you are not using cookies in your browser at all. I've not seen it happen anywhere else except when sessions time out.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #8
twr7cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
The error usually comes for one of two reasons. You are taking too long to complete the post (in which case the cookie used by the form expires) or you are not using cookies in your browser at all. I've not seen it happen anywhere else except when sessions time out.
I have the post already written out and have been copy and pasting it straight in. All up takes well under 60 seconds, so I'd be suprised if it could be a time out issue.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:47 PM   #9
twr7cx

I managed to get it posted ( http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....07#post4771107 ). Apparently it was the thread title causing the issue. The original title I was inputing was:

Quote:
Ford AU V8 / XR8 ute exhaust system - Di Filippo headers, Lukey exhaust, 100cpi stainless steel cats
However, shortening it to:

Quote:
Ford AU V8 / XR8 ute exhaust system
allowed the thread to proceed and be posted.

Of note is that I was later able to Advance Edit the post and change the title to:

Quote:
Ford AU V8 / XR8 ute exhaust system - Di Filippo headers, Lukey exhaust, 100cpi stain
I suspect it may be an issue with the length of the title originally inputed?

Hopefully this may be some assistance for others in the future.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #10
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Thanks - I shall check what it does during the posting phase. Odd that it would accept the same length on an edit - I'd have been less surprised if it didn't like the '/' character as I know there are issues in other places with special characters - e.g in new user names where it throws an error while we are validating registrations.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post