Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 15-03-2019, 09:04 PM   #1
David242gt
Starter Motor

Default What wheels fit 2007 Mondeo

Hi
My son has bought his first car a 2007 Mondeo sedan.
It’s a really clean car with 133,xxxklms on it.

The only thing is it has bare black rims which look pretty ordinary, but the tyres are brand new Goodyear’s

So my question is what other cars can I search to find a nice set of wheels for him.
I have search Mondeo wheels, but are either far away or expensive

Cheers
David242gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2019, 11:10 PM   #2
Mondaveo

Default Re: What wheels fit 2007 Mondeo

Try Focus wheels perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2019, 04:18 PM   #3
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi David,

You are about to dive into murky waters.

Wheels have a number of parameters:

1. diameter - usually expressed in inches
2. Width - usually expressed in inches
3. Stud Pitch circle diameter (PCD) can be expressed in mm or inches and has a number indicating the number of mounting points. For the MA Mondeo (read years 2007, 2008 and (I think) the early part of 2009) this figure is 5x108 ie five studs and a circle of 108 mm diameter.
4. Offset this is (usually) expressed in mm and can (usually is) a variable number and depends on the tyre width fitted to the rim. It is designed to ensure that the centre line of the tyre tread falls on (or very close to) the track width of the car.
5. Bore diameter; can be inches or mm. For the MA Mondeo it is 63.4 mm ( very, very close to 2.5 inches), to match the centre "nub" of the brake rotor so that the wheel is centralised with the stub axle. Small oversises are OK as the wheel nuts, when tightened, will centralise the wheel.

The MA Mondeo came with a number of wheels in various diameters. There were 16 (steel only and black with a wheel trim) 17 and 18 inch diameters. The latter two were alloy with five Y spokes.

A whole range of tyres could be fitted providing you altered the tyre aspect ratio so that the tyre diameter remained constant so that the speedometer provided a proper speed indication (whole other story about this).

If you go here; https://www.wheel-size.com/ and paste in the appropriate data you will get a table of wheels and tyre sizes for the model. But be careful about the OEM bolding. Ford Oz specified other than the European norm for their imports..

Back in 2007 Ford owned Jaguar, Volvo and, I believe Aston Martin, and the MA Mondeo (Called a Mk 4 in Europe) platform was used for some Jaguars and Volvo models and so they used the same wheel specification , but different spoke designs unique to the particular brand.

Hopefully this gives you a starting point. As Mondaveo has said some late model Focus wheels will have the correct stud pattern and will fit in 16 17 and 18 inch diameters but they might not be the right offset (that ET number in the chart of the link) as the focus is a narrower track width compared with the Mondeo I believe.

Good luck, ask more questions for clarification.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-03-2019, 05:57 PM   #4
David242gt
Starter Motor

Alan.

Thanks for your reply.
His Mondeo is an MA LX, so the black steel rims may very well be factory.

Does anyone has a set of hub caps to suit?

What does the factory hub cap look like.

Cheers
David
David242gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2019, 10:14 PM   #5
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi David,

If you go here: https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...+caps&_sacat=0

You might see something suitable.

Car parts retailers like Repco, Supercheap etc may have trims too in 16 inch size. If you are tempted by something get them to demonstrate they fit properly before you commit to buy.

Attached are a couple of picks of OEM trims for guidance.

Good Luck. BTW Google is your friend.

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $_58.jpg (45.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg s-l500.jpg (23.9 KB, 11 views)

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post