Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-10-2020, 04:33 PM   #7321
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
I think that Murdoch pulled out of Sky a while ago, but Alan Jones has always had that attitude.
In fairness, you have to remember that any organism with only limited active brain cells (like the Trichoplax) are only going to be able to follow the simplest of paths. It's not their fault, just the way it is.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 27-10-2020, 05:43 PM   #7322
hayseed

https://www.theshovel.com.au/2020/10...ictoria-about/
Old 27-10-2020, 05:46 PM   #7323
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think that Murdoch pulled out of Sky a while ago, but Alan Jones has always had that attitude.
Murdoch still owns Sky News Australia. Sky News in the UK is owned by a different lot. Very confusing. Just like "The Australian" is not owned by an Australian

Very busy out on the roads today in the eastern suburbs. Plenty of people at the parks and on walking trails. Great to see.

I truly hope those that have had businesses and jobs affected can have somewhat of a recovery fairly quickly. I thought it was a bit of a missed chance to allow some crowd at the Melb Cup, but it probably wouldn't have passed the pub test.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-10-2020, 06:22 PM   #7324
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
now, what do they call it when you tell someone to stop the blame game and then the next lot of words you blame someone - is it 'irony' or is some other word, it just isn't coming to me
I have never blamed media, feds or other states, just knocked our own Victorian government.
Bit different from you pointing the finger at everyone else except for our government for our woes.
Cheers.
This user likes this post:
Old 27-10-2020, 06:49 PM   #7325
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford.
Bet you when Andrews announces restrictions easing on Sunday, these f**kwits will pat themselves on the back thinking it was because of their protesting that restrictions were eased!
Almost on cue, apparently these "right wing" protestors and the "right wing" media are the reason for the easing of restrictions. See below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager
Good on the right wing media as they may have shamed Danny boy in easing of restrictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked
Well done by Andrews with the announcement, he made it quickly and is opening more than I expected. Gets a big tick from me.
You can blame the "right wing" media for this. True story.
Old 27-10-2020, 06:59 PM   #7326
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
I have never blamed media, feds or other states, just knocked our own Victorian government.
Bit different from you pointing the finger at everyone else except for our government for our woes.
Cheers.
go back 10 pages or so and you might find a different story to that little fairy tale

You told me not blame, then in the next breath YOU blamed - you can run, but you can't hide
Old 27-10-2020, 07:01 PM   #7327
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Almost on cue, apparently these "right wing" protestors and the "right wing" media are the reason for the easing of restrictions. See below.

You can blame the "right wing" media for this. True story.
you would think that after the hammering the righties have given Andrews and he hadn't caved by now they would get the point that their bully-boy tactics won't work. He eased the restrictions coz the time is right
Old 27-10-2020, 07:17 PM   #7328
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Can we please stop the personal sniping, it's getting worse than schoolkids saying that my Dads better than your Dad!

In other news....Melb is back to normal for sure. Another 'Truck Driver' (and I use that term loosely) gets stuck under the Montague St bridge

https://www.9news.com.au/national/no...d-5b81c9283b58
Old 27-10-2020, 07:23 PM   #7329
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
In other news....Melb is back to normal for sure. Another 'Truck Driver' (and I use that term loosely) gets stuck under the Montague St bridge
Typical Andrews, he lowers Montague St bridge to catch a NSW plated truck. Are there no depths this guy won't stoop to?
Old 27-10-2020, 07:45 PM   #7330
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Back in April, our Prime Minister, Scott Morrison asked me to download the COVIDSafe app. It was going to help us all by keeping track of the virus he said. Even threatened us with no easing of restrictions unless you download the app.

I did as asked by our PM. I downloaded the app. Encouraged family and friends to do so as well.

So Scott Morrison, can you please let me know how effective this app has been, and how much this app has, and still is, costing the taxpayers, please?
Old 27-10-2020, 08:07 PM   #7331
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Back in April, our Prime Minister, Scott Morrison asked me to download the COVIDSafe app. It was going to help us all by keeping track of the virus he said. Even threatened us with no easing of restrictions unless you download the app.

I did as asked by our PM. I downloaded the app. Encouraged family and friends to do so as well.

So Scott Morrison, can you please let me know how effective this app has been, and how much this app has, and still is, costing the taxpayers, please?
its been very affective
they collected heaps of info that would make bookface and Mr McGoogle happy
and was all profit on selling your info , didnt you know

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
4 users like this post:
Old 27-10-2020, 08:07 PM   #7332
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

Better question would be how much money any government has squandered fighting this pandemic.

Last edited by Itsme; 27-10-2020 at 08:33 PM.
Old 27-10-2020, 08:36 PM   #7333
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
go back 10 pages or so and you might find a different story to that little fairy tale

You told me not blame, then in the next breath YOU blamed - you can run, but you can't hide
Yes Trevor I blamed our own Victoria government, no one else.
Old 27-10-2020, 09:24 PM   #7334
Trendseeker

Big mistake. Oops, I thought this was the football thread.
Old 27-10-2020, 09:59 PM   #7335
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Yes Trevor I blamed our own Victoria government, no one else.
Very narrow view
Old 27-10-2020, 10:13 PM   #7336
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by snap0964 View Post
Malcolm doing some standup comedy . . .
We've been letting some political post go, but something that isn't even remotely related, and 5 years old, just won't cut it.
Old 28-10-2020, 08:39 AM   #7337
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Well now with Victoria open there shouldn't be much to discuss................
Old 28-10-2020, 10:26 AM   #7338
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Almost open. There are still restrictions to stop mixing of regional and metro populations until 9th November and it looks like the limit on the size of indoor / outdoor gatherings may well be in place for a while yet.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 28-10-2020, 10:33 AM   #7339
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I think you can guarantee this and other debacles will be on going.

How other states interact with people travelling through will be interesting, people wanting to get to Tassie via Melbourne will have to watch hot spots and hope things stay controlled once flights etc are booked.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 28-10-2020, 12:44 PM   #7340
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
I think you can guarantee this and other debacles will be on going.

How other states interact with people travelling through will be interesting, people wanting to get to Tassie via Melbourne will have to watch hot spots and hope things stay controlled once flights etc are booked.
The wise thing to do is not travel out of your State unless you really need to due to family needs etcetc....
I know your hoping to see your grand parents, if unwell etc I get it BUT in my case also a busy traveller with business, I'm not risking anything, not going to airports or flight for a long time........
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 28-10-2020, 01:39 PM   #7341
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Nah, its time to place bets on when wave 3.0 will roll in.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-10-2020, 01:42 PM   #7342
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 23:59 GMT October 27th, 2020.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting except for the Victorian 14 day moving averages.

14 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR drops to 3.286% while active cases rise to 1,423. NSW recorded 12 cases, WA 2 cases and zero in Victoria.

The Victorian State 14 day moving average is down to 2.93 with metro falling to 2.7 (3 unknown) and regional at zero with no unknown cases (including today). Victoria reported 2 new cases for the last 24 hours.

1 new case and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.288% and active cases fall to 68.

The UK had a higher 22,885 new cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore the CMR but even using their method they recorded 367 deaths.

Just over 70k new cases in the USA yesterday and 529 deaths sees CMR drop to 2.578% and active cases down to 32.3% with the raw numbers rising and now over 2.8M. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 44M with the last 1M taking two days again;
The USA passes 9M cases;
The USA completes 135M, India 104M, Russia 58M, France 15M and Hungary 1M tests;

Serbia (1,053)
- 39% above the previous high
Greece (1,256)
- 34% above the previous high
Bosnia (1,555)
- 22% above the previous high
Lebanon (1,809)
Sweden (1,870) - the previous high on June 24th
Bulgaria (2,569)
Jordan (3,800)
- 35% above the previous high
Iran (6,968)
Netherlands (10,343)
Czechia (15,663)
Poland (16,300) - 19% above the previous high; and
Italy (21,994) all
recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive days.

Observatio Facta Rotae

6 users like this post:
Old 28-10-2020, 06:16 PM   #7343
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Anyone seen the video's floating around on the midnight shopping spree this morning? The line to get into Kmart Fountain Gate and Burwood would've been at least 100-150 metres long! Inside the stores were packed, with hardly any 'social distancing'.

I would've thought there would be a limit of how many people can enter based on the 4 square metre rule, but very surprised to see that many people let inside the stores. Kmart did state it would also be limiting the number of customers allowed in-store at one time for its stores located in metropolitan Melbourne. But it doesn't look like it. The lack of social distancing outside and inside the stores is just asking for trouble! Some people just don't get it. Melbourne cannot afford a 3rd wave.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...b18ef2825ebce8
2 users like this post:
Old 28-10-2020, 06:53 PM   #7344
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Anyone seen the video's floating around on the midnight shopping spree this morning? The line to get into Kmart Fountain Gate and Burwood would've been at least 100-150 metres long! Inside the stores were packed, with hardly any 'social distancing'.

I would've thought there would be a limit of how many people can enter based on the 4 square metre rule, but very surprised to see that many people let inside the stores. Kmart did state it would also be limiting the number of customers allowed in-store at one time for its stores located in metropolitan Melbourne. But it doesn't look like it. The lack of social distancing outside and inside the stores is just asking for trouble! Some people just don't get it. Melbourne cannot afford a 3rd wave.

Did you expect anything less, imagine if Dan caved in a month ago.
The surf would already be up..

Some people just cant be saved, even from themselves.
6 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2020, 05:06 AM   #7345
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Has the news about a Danish study mask mask effectiveness on CoronaVirus reached downunder ?

I find it very interesting to do my google searches with before 1 Dec 2019 as a filter.
Looking up mask effectiveness, I came to a layman's conclusion that if those with symptoms wear masks, and those without wear gloves - this may well be better than what we have now.
Here is one article I hit: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-...masks-flu.html
Old 29-10-2020, 07:45 AM   #7346
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I’m skeptical about the Melbourne Cup attendance rules and promoted idea there will only be skeleton staff on site. Expecting there will still be marquees full of luvvies and the rest, with compliance penalties simply added into the staging costs.
Old 29-10-2020, 11:49 AM   #7347
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Its bloody crazy. Yesterday morning I ducked in to Burwood to get some tug toys for the dog (great value!) at 9am. There was a person with an electronic counter at the door. Inside was ok at the time, but people have forgotten social distancing. I had someone come up and stand 5cm away from me whilst waiting at the self checkout counter. Only when I took a step away did they remember about the 1.5m rule I think the excitement has gotten to their heads, rather than deliberately ignoring the rules. I walked out around 9:30am and the line was freaken huge. I'm guessing that was after people had dropped their kids off at school.

Glad the gov held their line and didn't open up and "live with it" at 50 or even 20 cases a day? We would have been fubared.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2020, 11:56 AM   #7348
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoFG View Post
Has the news about a Danish study mask mask effectiveness on CoronaVirus reached downunder ?

I find it very interesting to do my google searches with before 1 Dec 2019 as a filter.
Looking up mask effectiveness, I came to a layman's conclusion that if those with symptoms wear masks, and those without wear gloves - this may well be better than what we have now.
Here is one article I hit: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-...masks-flu.html
Not sure on gloves but I've seen shops asking people to take gloves off if they see someone wearing it. But when when I went through a car wash, the attendant gave me a glove

Masks are not fool proof. It only reduces the spread, it doesn't eliminate. The only proof you need is by looking at the societies that have successfully tackled major outbreaks.
Old 29-10-2020, 12:11 PM   #7349
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post

Masks are not fool proof. It only reduces the spread, it doesn't eliminate. The only proof you need is by looking at the societies that have successfully tackled major outbreaks.
If entering a crowded area wear a mask, it doesnt need to be scientific, just do it because it cant hurt.

At work we have just gone back to allowing multiple people to travel in cars but you have to wear a mask.

But, in an office space we dont need to mask but adhere to the M^2 policy and distance measures. Still better than nothing.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
4 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2020, 12:16 PM   #7350
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Masks get a lot of mention in here but how many here carry a decent hand sanitiser in the car with them?.
Closed Thread