Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-01-2013, 01:29 AM   #3271
johnsharp@live.
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi to everybody I belong to British ford car club of Queensland at present restoring my mk1 Cortina GT I believe could be one of the last built at Geelong 5/67 and have a 64 sedan as well.
johnsharp@live. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 03:24 AM   #3272
mrgalaxie
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Gidday all Ford fans. I love the Blue oval as much as the next ford owner. Some of us like to spend big on our pride and joy as i would love too. I am quite taken by the Ford Galaxie as i own a few the same age as myself (45 this year). I would love to do more but find time and money fading the older i get. I still like looking at the great cars on here and hope to have one just as nice one day. You all keep up the great work and keep the FORD dream running. I would love to see the FORD name above the holden again in sales but i'm happy knowing the FORD people we do have love FORD's loyally. Hope you all have a Great FORD Australia Day this weekend.
A Loyal Ford Man
Adrian
mrgalaxie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #3273
alvin

Hi guys just wanted to intoduce myself my ride is a xr6 turbo 50 ann ute.Im hopping to learn lots from fellow members and to meet some of yous too .
cheers.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #3274
rosco01
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members

hello my name is ross i have just picked up my 2010 territory tx just want to know if i can fit the fog lamps to the front bumper bar and is all the wiring there any help with this matter would be great thanks .
rosco01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #3275
Corrado-GT
Starter Motor

Hi People,

The names Corrado but everyone calls me Corey. I currently own a 2004 BA GT Falcon. 5 Speed and Vibe Purple in color. Had it since Dec 2007 and I hardly drive it. Anyways hopefully finding out when other members from SA meet up so I can get this car out more often!!

Here it is...
Old 24-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #3276
Sharon1970
Starter Motor

Default Love my new XR6

Hi,I have just brought a 2002 au xr6, love the fords.had a magna v6 executive for 6 years. Thought it was time to go back to the fords.
Sharon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #3277
Irish38
Starter Motor

Hi All

new to the forum so just saying G'Day

i drive a 2010 XR 6 sdn, the missus drives a 05 fairmont, both stock as a rock and immac.

photo below

cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jan 24th forum pic.jpg (163.1 KB, 56 views)
Irish38 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #3278
Shellyfish
Starter Motor

Default So I finally made it..

HEY! I keep scopin out other peoples posts trying to relate them to my car so I thought I may aswell get in here. Im 24 becoming a heavy diesel mech but I'll gladly admit I've never really worked on cars before this - just admired from afar , so I was going to rebuild a 351 Clevo (which turned out to be 60thou over already ) and then this great condition XB came up, I knew if I went to look at it I'd buy it, but I couldn't help myself. So Im jumpin in the deep end here and I already have a million questions..
And Have an Awesome Australia Day on the weekend everyone.
Shellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #3279
robert beale
Starter Motor

First Post. Good day to All. 1982 LWB F100, 4.1, 6 ylinder on Dual Fuel. Fitted with XF Falcon % speed handlse it well. Have a query as there has been an unacceptable mod to the Bellhousing to take the 5 speed 4 bolt configuration. What would be the correct Bellhousing to suit the 5 speed box and the standard F100 2 plate clutch. All the best and thanks Bob B
robert beale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #3280
robotek
Starter Motor

G'day. Name is Graeme, am a Ford enthusiast from way back(XY GTHO my ultimate car!!) I live in Greenbank Queensland. I have owned for 11 years this old girl. http://www.gumtree.com.au/m-my-ad.html?adId=1013037058
hoping to get in touch with someone that would be interested in providing a new home for her. Cheers
robotek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #3281
ceedot
Starter Motor

Hi Guys
Sorry but have been a bit slack re the site. Generally just use it to view different threads generally. Currently enjoying my FG Turbo - magic machine that doubles as easy work transport or a weekend blaster down to Batemans Bay at the w/e. Love the 6 speed auto which can easily be used as a tiptronic manual on a twisty road.

Ceedot
ceedot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #3282
EBSXR860
Starter Motor

G'day folks. Joined today. Currently restoring a not so old 7/91 build EB1 SXR8 manual which will become a Sunday driver. Nearly roadworthy, just sorting out a few technical issues. Might need some help soon.
Cheers
EBSXR860 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #3283
jfrankman
Starter Motor

Hey Everyone! Finally got an account going!
I own an au XLS Marlin Ute which is still pretty stock but that'll all change soon ;)
jfrankman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #3284
poppagra
Starter Motor

Hi Guys, just joined the Ford Forum and already have a question to ask. I have just purchased a 2012 Territory RWD TX sz. I am trading in my 2006 tx rwd. I use my Territory to tow my Regent caravan about 2000kg weight, with the 2006 car I had to fit a Auxilary Transmission Cooler, worked fine , no probs overheating the transmission( 4 speed auto). With the new Territory , which is 6 speed transmission. Will I need to fit the aux cooler. The ford shop said they didn't think I would have to. My problem is that I don't want to get 80 km or so into my trip and find I should have one fitted, even contacted Ford head office to query this. They told me to check the owners manual, I don't this book until I pick up my new car. If its needed I would prefer to have it fitted prior to taking posset ion of the car. Any members ,that might be able to help,would be much appreciated.....Bye for now Poppagra
poppagra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #3285
ademturk
Starter Motor

hi guys and girls iam a proud owner of 2 factory lpg falcons 2004 and 2008 just had a Question which spark plugs do i use for my 2004 factory lpg falcon sedan thanks
ademturk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #3286
Mayzee67
Starter Motor

Hi all,

Thanks for adding me and I hope to get a lot of helpful info from a group of Ford lovers.
The first question I have is has anyone use the Yokohama Nankang tyres on their Territory and what did they think of them (eg. noise, grip, Km's etc)?
Im thinking of going that way and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mayzee67
Mayzee67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #3287
Troys xp
Starter Motor

Gday Everyone. i just joined the site to get some advise and help. I own a 66 xp fairmont super pursuit. I would like to know how to make 200 log motor go better. People tell me to change to a 250 xflow, however i would prefer to keep the numbers matching throughout as its never been touched. Cheers
Troys xp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #3288
wwl
Starter Motor

Hello All,
I have a 2005 TS territory RWD with about 140K. It was parked on a slope with the rear facing downs (as it always is), and when I went to back down the driveway, I selected reverse (it seemed to engage OK), but then it went to neutral and I cannot select any other gears. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
wwl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #3289
Bolly47
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwl View Post
Hello All,
I have a 2005 TS territory RWD with about 140K. It was parked on a slope with the rear facing downs (as it always is), and when I went to back down the driveway, I selected reverse (it seemed to engage OK), but then it went to neutral and I cannot select any other gears. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Due lack of transmission oil and after you back on level surface transmission start to pump up same with engine oil
Bolly47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #3290
jbjnr62
Starter Motor

Hi there guys, I m rob like others I have been reading the post but I am not much good with the typing stuff . I have been a bit of ford fan for a while and have a a 1949 f68 , 1965 Xp coupe
1970 zd fairlane and el xr 8 in the shed
jbjnr62 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #3291
jzx100
Starter Motor

Hi guys I'm Nathan, just bought an xr6t for the misses on LPG, and in the process of stripping my jzx100 drift car to build an xr6t ute to compete in comps this year, over the jap car scene, so will be good to be skidding a setup xr6t, will also be selling parts that I get made for drifting to suit xr6t's, doubt there would be interest but pm if keen on anything
jzx100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #3292
Goops
Starter Motor

Hi All,
Just like to give you a little background. In 1976 I first got my licence & my father gave me the family XL 170 with 3 on the tree that he had bought 2nd hand in 1967 (I think). I drove this car daily with numerous engine / gearbox combinations until 1991. from then until now this car has been out in the weather rusting away. About 8 months ago I bought another XL 170 with 3 on the tree. (416 between the 2 serial numbers). I am now in the process of changing over the running gear from the first one, 250, Celica 5 speed, XP discs etc.
I have enjoyed reading through the amazing amount of info.

Cheers
Goops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #3293
12sec Barra
Very Hard Member

Hello everyone, i have a rather quick Naturally Aspirated BA XR6 and i am hoping i can learn a lot from the information on this site.

Cheers
12sec Barra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #3294
Pestman
Starter Motor

Hi pestman here, i joined the forum last year but i have been a bit slack about getting on the computer, i am currently rebuilding my XA falcon sedan.
Pestman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #3295
B-series N/A 6
Starter Motor

G'day looking for a new trans for my xr6 great site you have here
B-series N/A 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #3296
wwl
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolly47 View Post
Due lack of transmission oil and after you back on level surface transmission start to pump up same with engine oil
Thanks for the reply Bolly47. I initially thought that was it as well, but once I secured the car I got underneath I found that the selector cable had fallen off the input shaft. I should have thought about the basic things before thinking the worst. Hopefully I can buy a new clip from Ford.
wwl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #3297
dhw351
dhw351

hi my name is dhw 351 i am a old ford enthusiast from way back after owning several falcon,s & gt,s i presently have an au2 xr8 ute & my wife has a baxr8
i was just browsing over your pub talk & noticed the discussion on 95 octane & 91 when we used to run the ba xr8 on 91 the motor would rattle in the morning
sometimes & run rough & have bugger all power but ran it back on 95 & 98 which improved it out of sight.also on 98 it burnt away faster
dhw351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2013, 01:52 AM   #3298
highcam
Starter Motor

Hi all

This is a really great forum to discuss our Ford mania, and I look forward to contributing.

Mike
highcam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #3299
mal.b
Starter Motor

Hello all.
I have just found this forum and as a Ford owner I thought I would join up. Currently own a PX 3.2 Ranger. Cheers
mal.b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #3300
RPH74
Starter Motor

G'day all, just joined but have been watching for a while getting tips on some problems. Bought wifey an 08'FGXR6t manual coupla months ago, will start modding in near future. Also have 04' AWD Terri which has been a fantastic car, and still have wifey's 95' TX5 V6 manual
RPH74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post