Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-07-2019, 11:16 PM   #991
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

That proves you can deliver the goods, cluck cluck cluck... Mention your vasectomy and watch her lose interest in nanoseconds.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-07-2019, 11:32 PM   #992
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
That proves you can deliver the goods, cluck cluck cluck... Mention your vasectomy and watch her lose interest in nanoseconds.
Ive only got 1 kid i know of, no snip yet champ
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2019, 11:43 PM   #993
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Its a white lie I’m suggesting, just to test out her intentions.

Anyway... Young neighbour decided it was time to have a baby as a sole parent. Whatever; if she’s happy and having a red hot go then that’s her trip.

Unfortunately she went into labour when not quite ready, got carted off to the hospital this arvo after hastily parking her car skewiff halfway across the road. It’s Bin Night, and the rubbish truck won’t fit past. I looked at this brand new RAV4 and couldn’t see a central rear jacking point to swing the back of it into the kerb - the rear suspension cradle has an exhaust almost right under the middle.

A bit of Googling revealed a flimsy looking protrusion just inside the rear bumper skin, is in fact a workshop approved jacking point. So the job became possible again.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:53 PM   #994
Kicking back

Actually the whole pre made family thing (not happening) i found a bit strange considering she was ok with me having a kid and got all cute with my photos. Run away was what i expected. Just a friend is what im expecting. So shes probably a psyho hose beast, but hey, i dont ommit the facts, and yeah, if it gets to that, ill be double bagging it.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2019, 04:36 PM   #995
roKWiz
Cabover nut

CB, Sounds like a Meriton building, service going every where you wouldn't expect them to go.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2019, 07:02 PM   #996
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

I reached 50 and not out!

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2019, 07:24 PM   #997
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
CB, Sounds like a Meriton building, service going every where you wouldn't expect them to go.
It wasn’t, but I’ve seen a few roughies; like that job (SP44724) mostly warehouse conversions.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:28 PM   #998
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Home-made blintzes, with home-made whipped strawberry syrup. Just wonderful, especially on a cold night.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:08 PM   #999
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have a bit going on in life on a number of fronts and came to work late. Parked car on side of public road in Kind Edward park (section used to be used for a hillclimb event), getting umbrella from boot and mumbling about various life issues that are stacking up at the moment to myself, and was in a real dark funk.

Anyway I hear a car coming up behind me, and hear the intake system open up and what I hear is obviously some guy in a European exotic opening up his engine to put me and my Aussie v8 in place.

In a black stink I refuse to look to see what it is and give the idiot any satisfaction, get my coat from passenger rear, and then this idiot pulls up next to me- engine rumbling, and I am thinking what does this tosser want now- and he then says "says nice car bud" from his open window.

I then look at him and his car- he is sitting in a Smoke FGX XR8 with a modded exhaust and bobtail on lid. While I am looking at his car he is getting a gobfull of my front discs and calipers- I burst out laughing and he is also laughing and he then pulls off and opens it a bit to give some aural delight.

So from a black funk of aggressive morbidness that interaction made me feel good.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2019, 05:28 PM   #1000
Kicking back

Was a bit hessitant to do this because i didnt want to come accross the wrong way. The lady ive been having a nice time chatting to at work is 9 years younger then me. So i go up to give her my number and before i could get a word out, she hands me a note with her number on it. So yeah, been texting forward and back all day.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-07-2019, 11:24 PM   #1001
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Watching collingwood lose by 4 points.

Go Hawks!
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2019, 10:27 PM   #1002
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

After about 6 months of not having the opportunity to get up for a fly, for a whole raft of reasons, got a call this morning asking if I was interested in a fly. Couldn't pass up the opportunity!

Flew from West Sale down to the 90 mile beach just south of Seaspray, down the coast to Port Albert, overhead Yarram airport, over the range between there and the Latrobe Valley, and then in to Latrobe to join up with a few other pilots at the aero club for a sausage or two. Then back home. Weather was great!

Our jab and a few fellow visitors:

And my work, from a different perspective:

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2019, 10:28 PM   #1003
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Are you allowed to use a phone while piloting a plane? What about the sky toll?
Old 06-07-2019, 10:45 PM   #1004
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Are you allowed to use a phone while piloting a plane? What about the sky toll?
Pretty hard for a camera to take a pic of you up there

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2019, 11:11 PM   #1005
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Newsflash.

The Victorian govmint has announced a new campaign targeting irresponsible pilots using their mobile phones while flying.

State of the art technology currently in orbit will enable law enforcement agencies to track and photograph offenders and send a fine in the mail.

Legislation is expected to pass through parliament by October this year.

Reuters
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2019, 11:43 PM   #1006
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some people are born generous, my neighbours of 15 years bought a new car 2 years ago, at that time they parked their 99 Camry wagon on the street and left it. I’m talking under a tree, filled with spiders, dry rotted tyres, covered in filth.
Last week my 18 yo brother wrote off my dads AU falcon (his second prang), they live week to week on disability pensions and were given $2k from a friend to replace the falcon, they asked me to help find something suitable.
I ask the neighbours if they’ll sell the wagon, they tell me I can have it for free, they are happy for it to go to a good home. Floored, I offer them $500 which they reluctantly accept.
So I spend the day buying 4 new tyres, battery,oil,filter, a drum of mortien, and pressure wash like there’s no tomorrow.
After all this, once the filth and spiders are gone, it’s a one owner full service history car which runs like a dream, tidy as, and I’ve only spent $1200. Some great karma here.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 08-07-2019, 05:40 PM   #1007
Kicking back

Took the lady ive been talking to recently to lunch today. Yes we are just talking, but we get along really well. Even if we are just friends im good for that. The boys at work are all impressed because she is much younger and much more attractive then my ex wife.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2019, 08:48 PM   #1008
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Finding the mystery petrol smell in my garage. It’s the sort of smell that puts you on edge when it isn’t obvious as to the source.

Fuel tin had become porous through corrosion. It was an old Duco thinners can from the late eighties, repurposed as a petrol tin - can’t complain how long I got out of a scrap can. The mystery was revealed when I filled it up for an edging job today, it started weeping noticeably.

I now have a “correct” green plastic Oz-made fuel container for the two-stroke mix, ten bucks at Bunnies.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:45 PM   #1009
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Regassed my aircon.. Havn't had aircon or power steering for 7yrs :/

Feel pretty good about that

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-07-2019, 09:06 PM   #1010
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Woolies plain salted corn chips, grazed on straight from the pack - no dips, salsa, nachos required. A true "simple pleasure".
2 users like this post:
Old 14-07-2019, 07:28 AM   #1011
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Opening a box and finding two ARP head studs i thought were gone forever, lost or chucked out in shed move. Now have full set again.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-07-2019, 08:40 PM   #1012
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Knowing it is one year since Croatia won the world if not the World Cup final.

**** you Griezmann!

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2019, 09:32 PM   #1013
Kicking back

Still chatting to the lady who i have been speaking to for the past week and a bit. Still being honest, she still talks back. All still in just a friendly capacity, but its still going on. Shes still a whole heap younger and better looking.
Old 15-07-2019, 09:58 PM   #1014
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

I'm 15 years older than you '4.. At work, I take it in turns initiating rubbing shoulders with a nice lady whose 6 years younger than you! When she comes over and sits down next to me to chat about nothing, I look into her eyes and the voice in my head compulsively says "you have no business with this woman".

She still makes me feel good though. (People guess my age as a decade younger than I am, but she does know.)
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2019, 10:48 AM   #1015
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Walking down the hill from Kind Edward park towards Watt Street for work in winter sun on a cold crisp morning, and seeing a large pod of whales blowing spray blasts in big winter ocean swell from clifftop.

With heavy end stage family event playing out- makes you realise to take time out and appreciate every rich life event every day whenever such arises....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2019, 09:34 PM   #1016
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Nearly down to 100kg

That's a 15kg loss in 8 months...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2019, 06:23 PM   #1017
Kicking back

Finally created some time to clean out some stuff from the back of the ute. Trade waste stuff, so not stuff i can just bin in a normal bin. Probably over 200 blown fluoros and all sorts of other stuff. A lot wasnt binned but was new gear from over orders, but i was at the office so its now there as stock and the old lamps are ready for the recyclers. Its a few months of build up, but i didnt have the opertunity to create the time, been flat out at work. So being able to see out the back in the rear view mirror, id forgotten that the mirror was even there.
Old 18-07-2019, 10:01 PM   #1018
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Geez i hate that some motor wreckers overprice their old worn out parts & then get butt hurt when i say na I'll pass on that price lol.

The wreckers then give you get the classic line "but we've sold heaps of them at that price", then i reply - but you can get the same part brand new off Ebay for nearly the same price...

Then i get a moment of awkward silence on the other end before me saying my no thanks etc then hanging up the phone..

Forget about it rip off wrecker..ha ha

cheers, Maka
The other day i purchased a very low kay mint factory Au Falcon radiator tank & sensor from this guys main competitor in town & guess what?

Yep super bargain for $55 lol, I'm happy!!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2019, 12:50 PM   #1019
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Bit of history first, back in December 17 i had an ECG as part of my work medical and it picked up an anomaly, go see cardiologist and have a bunch of tests including CAT and MRI scans, diagnosis is i have had a myocardial infarction (heart attack) at some stage between my previous EGC and the latest, it was also 'silent' as i wasn't aware of having one, i had never heard of silent ones.

Basically the MRI picked up what may have caused the the episode, a Thrombosis (clot) in the left anterior descending (LAD) artery, was told by everyone that i'm lucky to be still upright, i say may have caused because the experts can't be sure it wasn't as a result of the HA......anyhoo, i was immediately started on Warfarin (rat poison) and a couple of other drugs for breakfast to hopefully dissolve the clot with an MRI every 6 months to see how it was going.

Went to see the Cardiologist this morning to find out the results of my latest MRI and it's all clear, clot has disappeared, scarring has healed and i can now dump the left over drugs, In a nutshell i only need to take a regular aspirin once a day and go for checkups once a year..........

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2019, 09:30 PM   #1020
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Finally got around to cleaning the car today. I think it is close to 3 years since I last cleaned it Unfortunately did not get time to put a coat of wax on but it will do.

Also just got my mortgage under $300k today. So have paid of a bit more than 9% of the loan principal in under two years. I won't make 10% but pretty close. Still a good result
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: