Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Who is at fault?
Cam car 42 38.18%
Red car 68 61.82%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-06-2019, 05:12 PM   #181
Bevsta007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Bevsta007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Victoria
Posts: 5,354
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
We all can identify a lot of things that can happen but reaction can be a bit slower at times, you were not there so your comment is not valid.
what? it wasn't you driving the ute was it?
__________________
______________________________
Mine 2015 Territory Titanium RWD Diesel
Hers 2004 Prado Grande 3.0D
Ours Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP

Last edited by Bevsta007; 20-06-2019 at 05:27 PM.
Bevsta007 is offline  
This user likes this post:
Old 20-06-2019, 05:26 PM   #182
marty351
Shenanigans..............
 
marty351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Footscrazy
Posts: 5,817
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
The driver of the red car was a female.

Case closed.
#metoo
marty351 is offline  
Old 20-06-2019, 05:40 PM   #183
roKWiz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
roKWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Onsite Eastcoast
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

This is what Clarke would do.

https://youtu.be/iAgX6qlJEMc
__________________
heritagestonemason.com/Fordlouisvillerestoration
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come...... D. Diderot 1752

VT903 Cummins K125 Kenworth | 6V53 Detroit Ford LN8000 Louisville
4 X 0409 Ford traders | Nanni diesel 30ft Hartley silver Image yacht
and the mighty 4.1 XF Ford Pano
roKWiz is offline  
4 users like this post:
Old 20-06-2019, 06:13 PM   #184
BENT_8
BLACK OVAL INC.
 
BENT_8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,676
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
It not Hindsight its foresight @0.20 from the divers seat in that ute (a good driver) should be able to identify what was about to happen.
What an absolute load of rubbish, there is nothing in that video which gives any indication, including an indicator, that the red car is about to break the road rules, for all you know they may have hesitated for any number of reasons from seeing something they thought they may have needed to give way to, to something which happened in the car that drew their attention.
The only reason you say you can tell is because you've seen the next 20 seconds of time and as was said, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Christ, at the moment of contact both vehicles are travelling at the same speed, so im not even sure what else the ute driver could have done other than stop when he had complete right of way, this is just another example of people wanting to apportion blame rather than call it for what it is.

I assume if I download 40 seconds of footage from my dashcam the next time I capture an incident and post it in two 20 second blocks you'll be able to tell us what happens in the second 20 seconds after only seeing the first 20 seconds yeah?
__________________
TITANIUM PICANTO GT LINE

EGO SY TS TERRITORY

LIFE'S GREY AREA'S
BENT_8 is offline  
This user likes this post:
Old 20-06-2019, 09:21 PM   #185
hayseed
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 204
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

How hard is It ???? FFS

__________________
"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...........don't mind...
And those that mind............don't matter." -
hayseed is offline  
Old 20-06-2019, 09:42 PM   #186
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Ben73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 3,554
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Cam car clearly at fault. Regardless of road markings or signage, cam car changes lanes without due care. Had he obeyed the left lane and stayed within it, no accident would have occurred.
Road markings and signage make up 99% of the road rules, how can you say they don't apply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
(you're not allowed to change lanes in an intersection)
I'm pretty sure you can change lanes in an intersection as long as you obey all regular rules for changing lanes.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
He didnít give way to those already in the lane before he merged, I canít see how the cam car isnít at fault?
Cam car didn't merge, he was obeying the signs before the roundabout. Red car wasn't.



Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
25 years of driving, 1 at fault accident (minor), owning a v8 for 6 years and never lost a demerit point.
Yeah, nah, I'll keep my license and stick to the lane I'm driving in.
That reminds me of the joke
"Been driving for X years and never been in an accident. Seen hundred in my rear view mirror though"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
I initially voted cam car, but after watching the video, Iíd say 50/50. It actually doesnít matter what the signs or road markings say, every driver has an onus to avoid a collision and neither driver did that in this case.
You should avoid crashes if you can, that's why in these badly designed road situations I always assume everyone else is brain dead and will screw it up.
But to cause a crash only 1 car has to break the road rules. So they are at fault. In this video it's the red car.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
Yep IMO he could have easily let the red car go first and wouldn't have been held up at all..
How? Was he supposed to be a mind reader and know the red car wanted to break the road rules? Red car never indicated left from what we see. If they did we could assume they're stupid and wanted to break the rules, but if they don't indicate their rule breaking intentions how would anyone else know?

It's pretty easy to pass judgment when watching a video when we know there is about to be a crash. Especially when we watch the video multiple times. Not the same as driving down the road.
__________________
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th Anniversary
2019 Suzuki Jimny
Ben73 is offline  
4 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2019, 05:20 AM   #187
Big Trev
F.F.S.
 
Big Trev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 5,046
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
How hard is It ???? FFS

image
I know, unreal isn't it, and people are still arguing about it FFS!!!!

As I have said a couple of times, for the people who don't get it or still argue, then imagine the intersection without the big round thing in the middle and see if that makes sense.

Imagine a normal cross road with no roundabout, then the same ****ing rules apply, the person in the right ****ing lane cannot turn left - jesus christ, it isn't that hard
__________________
I reserve the right to arm bears
Big Trev is offline  
4 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2019, 07:54 AM   #188
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 581
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

No wonder there are so many crashes on our roads when so many people canít grasp something slightly different from a normal roundabout.
Red car at fault. Left lane can go to first exit or second exit, right lane can go second exit or third exit. Right lane can not go first exit therefore 100% at fault.
devilcv8 is offline  
4 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2019, 09:17 AM   #189
Lunch
Wait, what?
 
Lunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: South eastern melbourne
Posts: 2,307
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

I genuinely used to think of this forum as destination 1 for answers to auto related questions I had, for knowledge and wisdom but at the time of this particular post, itís evident that 38% of the people here have absolutely no idea, Iíd be better off asking my cat for advice than more than 1/3 of you..
Lunch is offline  
Old 21-06-2019, 10:00 AM   #190
CitroŽnbender
DIY tragic
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Sydney, more than not. I hate it.
Posts: 1,701
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch
I’d be better off asking my cat for advice than more than 1/3 of you..


(Of course, the dog would always recommend a cat delete!)
CitroŽnbender is offline  
7 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2019, 10:05 AM   #191
94_ef
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 122
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

Red care at fault.

What scares me most is that even given video evidence clearly showing the road markings people will still argue against them. This is probably how innocent people end up in jail in trial by jury.
__________________
2003 Ford BA Fairmont Ghia sedan.
1994 Ford EF Fairmont Ghia sedan.
1994 Ford ED Falcon GLi wagon. Discovered my love for Ford 4L.

A car is like a woman. You should torque nice.
94_ef is offline  
2 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2019, 11:43 AM   #192
BENT_8
BLACK OVAL INC.
 
BENT_8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,676
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94_ef View Post
Red care at fault.

What scares me most is that even given video evidence clearly showing the road markings people will still argue against them.
People don't like to admit they're ever wrong, just a variation of right is sufficient, they'll will look for any small thing which can support an alternative view with complete disregard for the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
__________________
TITANIUM PICANTO GT LINE

EGO SY TS TERRITORY

LIFE'S GREY AREA'S
BENT_8 is offline  
2 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2019, 11:46 AM   #193
BENT_8
BLACK OVAL INC.
 
BENT_8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,676
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
I genuinely used to think of this forum as destination 1 for answers to auto related questions I had, for knowledge and wisdom but at the time of this particular post, itís evident that 38% of the people here have absolutely no idea, Iíd be better off asking my cat for advice than more than 1/3 of you..
Hey, at least its only 38% now, at one stage there it was looking like a 50/50 which is worrying considering as you highlight this is a motoring forum.
__________________
TITANIUM PICANTO GT LINE

EGO SY TS TERRITORY

LIFE'S GREY AREA'S
BENT_8 is offline  
3 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2019, 11:48 AM   #194
Big Trev
F.F.S.
 
Big Trev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 5,046
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

I am absolutely amazed that people would think anything other than red car is at fault - although it does explain the poor driving I see every day
__________________
I reserve the right to arm bears
Big Trev is offline  
2 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2019, 11:58 AM   #195
xahh
Tech Guy
 
xahh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 585
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
I genuinely used to think of this forum as destination 1 for answers to auto related questions I had, for knowledge and wisdom but at the time of this particular post, itís evident that 38% of the people here have absolutely no idea, Iíd be better off asking my cat for advice than more than 1/3 of you..
+1

Three people voted for the Cam car at fault since this time yesterday?

Even with all of the solid evidence put forward, people still get it wrong because they are either unable to process new information, understand the road rules, think logically or are deliberately winding everyone else up.

By far the most disturbing example of peoples inability to grasp this situation as it is clearly presented in the road markings and signage is the statement made by several members that "it's a single lane roundabout"! If you were one of these it's time to buy yourself a guide dog and let it drive your car. This way, there's probably a much less chance of you having an accident. Alternatively, go to Specsavers next time.

I also think that because the voting bar graph for the red car is purple and the Cam car is red, this is really confusing some people therefor the whole process is flawed. Was this a deliberate thing? Who set up this voting and deliberately allocated the wrong colours to the bar graphs anyway?

End of rant
xahh is offline  
4 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2019, 12:14 PM   #196
xeeclipse
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 257
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

The N.S.W road toll should be the equivelant of the local abattoir going by this thread.

How can a vehicle in the LEFT lane be given RIGHT of way entering a roundabout I will never know?
xeeclipse is offline  
Old 21-06-2019, 12:26 PM   #197
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bibra Lake WA
Posts: 13,219
Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

Quote:
How can a vehicle in the LEFT lane be given RIGHT of way entering a roundabout I will never know?
Its's exiting a roundabout in compliance with road markings and the law relating to roundabouts in this situation is identical in all Australian states and territories.

__________________
regards Blue
aussiblue is offline  
2 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2019, 12:27 PM   #198
Bevsta007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Bevsta007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Victoria
Posts: 5,354
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post

You should avoid crashes if you can, that's why in these badly designed road situations I always assume everyone else is brain dead and will screw it up.
But to cause a crash only 1 car has to break the road rules. So they are at fault. In this video it's the red car.
Agreed, that's what I'm saying avoid crashes if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post

How? Was he supposed to be a mind reader and know the red car wanted to break the road rules? Red car never indicated left from what we see. If they did we could assume they're stupid and wanted to break the rules, but if they don't indicate their rule breaking intentions how would anyone else know?
No mind reading just need to look at the angle the red car is taking the round about. there's plenty of road the left to swerve too

Look if you guys cant see that no need to get defensive most drivers wouldn't.

PS doesn't change that the Red car is at fault
__________________
______________________________
Mine 2015 Territory Titanium RWD Diesel
Hers 2004 Prado Grande 3.0D
Ours Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Bevsta007 is offline  
Old 21-06-2019, 12:33 PM   #199
xeeclipse
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 257
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

I refuse to look at these half baked legislative drawings, we don't have any such roundabouts in Melbourne's metro area.

Markings changing mid roundabout???? Humans aren't cats FFS.
xeeclipse is offline  
Old 21-06-2019, 12:33 PM   #200
Bevsta007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Bevsta007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Victoria
Posts: 5,354
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
What an absolute load of rubbish, there is nothing in that video which gives any indication, including an indicator, that the red car is about to break the road rules, for all you know they may have hesitated for any number of reasons from seeing something they thought they may have needed to give way to, to something which happened in the car that drew their attention.
The only reason you say you can tell is because you've seen the next 20 seconds of time and as was said, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Christ, at the moment of contact both vehicles are travelling at the same speed, so im not even sure what else the ute driver could have done other than stop when he had complete right of way, this is just another example of people wanting to apportion blame rather than call it for what it is.

I assume if I download 40 seconds of footage from my dashcam the next time I capture an incident and post it in two 20 second blocks you'll be able to tell us what happens in the second 20 seconds after only seeing the first 20 seconds yeah?
chill
__________________
______________________________
Mine 2015 Territory Titanium RWD Diesel
Hers 2004 Prado Grande 3.0D
Ours Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Bevsta007 is offline  
Old 21-06-2019, 12:34 PM   #201
Big Trev
F.F.S.
 
Big Trev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 5,046
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

I want to know who thinks following the red arrow is correct - come on 'fess up

__________________
I reserve the right to arm bears
Big Trev is offline  
5 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2019, 01:02 PM   #202
xahh
Tech Guy
 
xahh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 585
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

[QUOTE=Big Trev;6309291]I want to know who thinks following the red arrow is correct - come on 'fess up


I can only hear the faint sound of crickets in the background??
xahh is offline  
Old 21-06-2019, 01:15 PM   #203
94_ef
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 122
Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Trev View Post
I want to know who thinks following the red arrow is correct - come on 'fess up
Can I raise it 40% of the way?
__________________
2003 Ford BA Fairmont Ghia sedan.
1994 Ford EF Fairmont Ghia sedan.
1994 Ford ED Falcon GLi wagon. Discovered my love for Ford 4L.

A car is like a woman. You should torque nice.
94_ef is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Other than what is legally copyrighted by the respective owners, this site is copyright www.fordforums.com.au
Positive SSL