Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Who is at fault?
Cam car 42 38.18%
Red car 68 61.82%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 20-06-2019, 04:12 PM   #181
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
We all can identify a lot of things that can happen but reaction can be a bit slower at times, you were not there so your comment is not valid.
what? it wasn't you driving the ute was it?
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP

Last edited by Vesper Martini; 20-06-2019 at 04:27 PM.
This user likes this post:
Old 20-06-2019, 04:26 PM   #182
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
The driver of the red car was a female.

Case closed.
#metoo
Old 20-06-2019, 04:40 PM   #183
roKWiz
Cabover nut

This is what Clarke would do.

https://youtu.be/iAgX6qlJEMc

4 users like this post:
Old 20-06-2019, 05:13 PM   #184
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
It not Hindsight its foresight @0.20 from the divers seat in that ute (a good driver) should be able to identify what was about to happen.
What an absolute load of rubbish, there is nothing in that video which gives any indication, including an indicator, that the red car is about to break the road rules, for all you know they may have hesitated for any number of reasons from seeing something they thought they may have needed to give way to, to something which happened in the car that drew their attention.
The only reason you say you can tell is because you've seen the next 20 seconds of time and as was said, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Christ, at the moment of contact both vehicles are travelling at the same speed, so im not even sure what else the ute driver could have done other than stop when he had complete right of way, this is just another example of people wanting to apportion blame rather than call it for what it is.

I assume if I download 40 seconds of footage from my dashcam the next time I capture an incident and post it in two 20 second blocks you'll be able to tell us what happens in the second 20 seconds after only seeing the first 20 seconds yeah?
This user likes this post:
Old 20-06-2019, 08:21 PM   #185
hayseed

How hard is It ???? FFS

Old 20-06-2019, 08:42 PM   #186
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Cam car clearly at fault. Regardless of road markings or signage, cam car changes lanes without due care. Had he obeyed the left lane and stayed within it, no accident would have occurred.
Road markings and signage make up 99% of the road rules, how can you say they don't apply?

Quote:
(you're not allowed to change lanes in an intersection)
I'm pretty sure you can change lanes in an intersection as long as you obey all regular rules for changing lanes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
He didn’t give way to those already in the lane before he merged, I can’t see how the cam car isn’t at fault?
Cam car didn't merge, he was obeying the signs before the roundabout. Red car wasn't.

Quote:
25 years of driving, 1 at fault accident (minor), owning a v8 for 6 years and never lost a demerit point.
Yeah, nah, I'll keep my license and stick to the lane I'm driving in.
That reminds me of the joke
"Been driving for X years and never been in an accident. Seen hundred in my rear view mirror though"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
I initially voted cam car, but after watching the video, I’d say 50/50. It actually doesn’t matter what the signs or road markings say, every driver has an onus to avoid a collision and neither driver did that in this case.
You should avoid crashes if you can, that's why in these badly designed road situations I always assume everyone else is brain dead and will screw it up.
But to cause a crash only 1 car has to break the road rules. So they are at fault. In this video it's the red car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
Yep IMO he could have easily let the red car go first and wouldn't have been held up at all..
How? Was he supposed to be a mind reader and know the red car wanted to break the road rules? Red car never indicated left from what we see. If they did we could assume they're stupid and wanted to break the rules, but if they don't indicate their rule breaking intentions how would anyone else know?

It's pretty easy to pass judgment when watching a video when we know there is about to be a crash. Especially when we watch the video multiple times. Not the same as driving down the road.
4 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2019, 04:20 AM   #187
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
How hard is It ???? FFS

I know, unreal isn't it, and people are still arguing about it FFS!!!!

As I have said a couple of times, for the people who don't get it or still argue, then imagine the intersection without the big round thing in the middle and see if that makes sense.

Imagine a normal cross road with no roundabout, then the same ****ing rules apply, the person in the right ****ing lane cannot turn left - jesus christ, it isn't that hard
Old 21-06-2019, 06:54 AM   #188
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No wonder there are so many crashes on our roads when so many people can’t grasp something slightly different from a normal roundabout.
Red car at fault. Left lane can go to first exit or second exit, right lane can go second exit or third exit. Right lane can not go first exit therefore 100% at fault.
4 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2019, 08:17 AM   #189
Lunch
Wait, what?

I genuinely used to think of this forum as destination 1 for answers to auto related questions I had, for knowledge and wisdom but at the time of this particular post, it’s evident that 38% of the people here have absolutely no idea, I’d be better off asking my cat for advice than more than 1/3 of you..
Old 21-06-2019, 09:00 AM   #190
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch
I’d be better off asking my cat for advice than more than 1/3 of you..

(Of course, the dog would always recommend a cat delete!)
7 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2019, 09:05 AM   #191
94_ef

Red care at fault.

What scares me most is that even given video evidence clearly showing the road markings people will still argue against them. This is probably how innocent people end up in jail in trial by jury.
1994 Ford ED Falcon GLi wagon. Discovered my love for Ford 4L.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2019, 10:43 AM   #192
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94_ef View Post
Red care at fault.

What scares me most is that even given video evidence clearly showing the road markings people will still argue against them.
People don't like to admit they're ever wrong, just a variation of right is sufficient, they'll will look for any small thing which can support an alternative view with complete disregard for the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2019, 10:46 AM   #193
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
I genuinely used to think of this forum as destination 1 for answers to auto related questions I had, for knowledge and wisdom but at the time of this particular post, it’s evident that 38% of the people here have absolutely no idea, I’d be better off asking my cat for advice than more than 1/3 of you..
Hey, at least its only 38% now, at one stage there it was looking like a 50/50 which is worrying considering as you highlight this is a motoring forum.
3 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2019, 10:48 AM   #194
Trevor 57
is now there

I am absolutely amazed that people would think anything other than red car is at fault - although it does explain the poor driving I see every day
Old 21-06-2019, 10:58 AM   #195
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
+1

Three people voted for the Cam car at fault since this time yesterday?

Even with all of the solid evidence put forward, people still get it wrong because they are either unable to process new information, understand the road rules, think logically or are deliberately winding everyone else up.

By far the most disturbing example of peoples inability to grasp this situation as it is clearly presented in the road markings and signage is the statement made by several members that "it's a single lane roundabout"! If you were one of these it's time to buy yourself a guide dog and let it drive your car. This way, there's probably a much less chance of you having an accident. Alternatively, go to Specsavers next time.

I also think that because the voting bar graph for the red car is purple and the Cam car is red, this is really confusing some people therefor the whole process is flawed. Was this a deliberate thing? Who set up this voting and deliberately allocated the wrong colours to the bar graphs anyway?

End of rant
4 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2019, 11:14 AM   #196
xeeclipse
Banned

The N.S.W road toll should be the equivelant of the local abattoir going by this thread.

How can a vehicle in the LEFT lane be given RIGHT of way entering a roundabout I will never know?
Old 21-06-2019, 11:26 AM   #197
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Quote:
How can a vehicle in the LEFT lane be given RIGHT of way entering a roundabout I will never know?
Its's exiting a roundabout in compliance with road markings and the law relating to roundabouts in this situation is identical in all Australian states and territories.

Old 21-06-2019, 11:27 AM   #198
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post

You should avoid crashes if you can, that's why in these badly designed road situations I always assume everyone else is brain dead and will screw it up.
But to cause a crash only 1 car has to break the road rules. So they are at fault. In this video it's the red car.
Agreed, that's what I'm saying avoid crashes if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post

How? Was he supposed to be a mind reader and know the red car wanted to break the road rules? Red car never indicated left from what we see. If they did we could assume they're stupid and wanted to break the rules, but if they don't indicate their rule breaking intentions how would anyone else know?
No mind reading just need to look at the angle the red car is taking the round about. there's plenty of road the left to swerve too

Look if you guys cant see that no need to get defensive most drivers wouldn't.

PS doesn't change that the Red car is at fault
Old 21-06-2019, 11:33 AM   #199
xeeclipse
Banned

I refuse to look at these half baked legislative drawings, we don't have any such roundabouts in Melbourne's metro area.

Markings changing mid roundabout???? Humans aren't cats FFS.
Old 21-06-2019, 11:33 AM   #200
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
What an absolute load of rubbish, there is nothing in that video which gives any indication, including an indicator, that the red car is about to break the road rules, for all you know they may have hesitated for any number of reasons from seeing something they thought they may have needed to give way to, to something which happened in the car that drew their attention.
The only reason you say you can tell is because you've seen the next 20 seconds of time and as was said, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Christ, at the moment of contact both vehicles are travelling at the same speed, so im not even sure what else the ute driver could have done other than stop when he had complete right of way, this is just another example of people wanting to apportion blame rather than call it for what it is.

I assume if I download 40 seconds of footage from my dashcam the next time I capture an incident and post it in two 20 second blocks you'll be able to tell us what happens in the second 20 seconds after only seeing the first 20 seconds yeah?
chill
Old 21-06-2019, 11:34 AM   #201
Trevor 57
is now there

I want to know who thinks following the red arrow is correct - come on 'fess up

Old 21-06-2019, 12:02 PM   #202
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

[QUOTE=Big Trev;6309291]I want to know who thinks following the red arrow is correct - come on 'fess up

I can only hear the faint sound of crickets in the background??
Old 21-06-2019, 12:15 PM   #203
94_ef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Trev View Post
I want to know who thinks following the red arrow is correct - come on 'fess up
Can I raise it 40% of the way?
1994 Ford ED Falcon GLi wagon. Discovered my love for Ford 4L.
Closed Thread