Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 03-04-2020, 03:48 PM   #1
Edals90
Starter Motor

Default Dead Audio Controls Dash

Hi There,

My wifes 2010 Fiesta Audio controls have decided to stop responding. The Door Lock and Hazards still work.

Over the weekend, i changed the cabin air filter. From what i can see there are no wires near by i could have knocked.

She took it to work and now the audio controls on the dash and steering wheel no longer work. Including the cruise control buttons ???

The radio was still on, but not able to change station, volume etc.

I have checked all the fuses, disconnected the battery for 10-15 mins, Now I cant get it to turn on as the buttons don't respond. So the car has no audio at all now.

Any ideas would be great.

Thank you,
Edals90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2020, 12:27 PM   #2
11ford11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Dead Audio Controls Dash

Ignition reds on - Test for power at both ends of fuses 15. 21. And 44 With a test light,will not have power at BOTH ends if fuse is faulty - may not have all fuses depending on what’s installed ie. voice activation etc.
check plugs at fuse box haven’t been disturbed.
Does information Center work
Get Ford to scan
11ford11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2020, 12:32 PM   #3
raceteam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have had a similar unresponsive radio twice in a 2010 Fiesta. Both times resolved by battery disconnect for a few minutes.

Does the horn work? Any airbag errors? They could indicate a clock spring issue.
raceteam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2020, 07:08 AM   #4
Edals90
Starter Motor

Thanks for the ideas all.
Looks like its going to Ford. Stumped on this one.
Cruise control is working and no airbag lights, Horn Works.

Once i have a solution ill update this post for others in future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceteam View Post
Have had a similar unresponsive radio twice in a 2010 Fiesta. Both times resolved by battery disconnect for a few minutes.

Does the horn work? Any airbag errors? They could indicate a clock spring issue.
Edals90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2020, 08:25 AM   #5
raceteam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Checked the fuses behind the glove box?
raceteam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post