Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 02-11-2006, 10:47 PM   #31
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I'll send them an email to find out, mate.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 12:25 AM   #32
BlackLS

Guys, from Campbelltown its only a 6 hour drive to Winton at 100kmh. About 5 if your within 110 tolerance zone.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 12:35 AM   #33
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

But Campbelltown is already 1hour away from civilisation. And factor is a driver revivor ever 2hours.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 11:53 AM   #34
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Guys, from Campbelltown its only a 6 hour drive to Winton at 100kmh. About 5 if your within 110 tolerance zone.
How about if the accelerator pedal is flat to the floor?

7-8 hrs drive isnt that bad, but i'm still thinking about it.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 01:30 PM   #35
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
But Campbelltown is already 1hour away from civilisation. And factor is a driver revivor ever 2hours.
I've done Wagga to Campbelltown non-stop, 4 hours and 2 mins.

If you just do a reviver stop at Yass which is 2 hours in, the 3 hours left should be piece of cake, so long as no one is tired.

Having said all this I most likely won't be in, I've got rego due 28 Nov, $1100 down the drain...
Old 03-11-2006, 01:33 PM   #36
photn
AFF Post NAZI

awe damnit.....we wish you could of come :(

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 02:19 PM   #37
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
I've done Wagga to Campbelltown non-stop, 4 hours and 2 mins.

If you just do a reviver stop at Yass which is 2 hours in, the 3 hours left should be piece of cake, so long as no one is tired.

Having said all this I most likely won't be in, I've got rego due 28 Nov, $1100 down the drain...
Yeah I often did Wagga to Sydney in 5 hours with a stop, or 4 and a half non stop, when I was living there (keep on supressing those memories).

--------------------

In regards to the Radical, I got this info back from Best Racing:

Autobrakes Winton Fun Day is on December 17th
Cost is $25 per person who is either a passenger or taking out a vehicle.

With thanks to Autobrakes Winton Raceway will be again holding its popular
Family Fun Day on December 17th. The Autobrakes Fun Day is a unique concept started by Winton Raceway about 9 years ago to give people that have never experience motorsport a chance to at a low level entry costs and to give access to race teams to have a fun orientated day with pit crews, family and friends all able to join in the fun.

The Autobrakes Fun Day usually is well attend in the vicinity of 200 to 400 participants and it's usually a great day and despite the large numbers generally there is still a lot of opportunity for track time during the day.

Participants arrive in a variety of cars included general road cars, hotted up specials, home made clubman's, race cars and restored vehicles.

What do you need to participate in the Autobrakes Fun Day?

You will require a Australian Standard approved helmet. Be covered from wrist to neck to ankle in a flame retardant material clothing, i.e. overalls and suitable closed in footwear.

The car needs to be of a roadworthy or race worthy condition and have all loose objects removed from the car. All brake lights should be working as there are a number of cars on the circuit sometimes of different capabilities therefore brake lights are important to warn participants behind that you are stopping.

There are no licences required for the day but drivers need to be over the age of 16, but this would depend on the stature and capabilities of the person involved. Passengers may be younger than sixteen but must be able to fit into the vehicle in a safer manner.

The Format of the day

The day starts of with a safety check of your car and registration. It is important that you complete the necessary paper work for insurance requirements. At approximately 9:00 - 9:30 there is a briefing, at which all participants need to attend. The briefing covers the safety conduct of the day on the track and is important to understand where to go if your car is in distress and what to do with yourself and who will help you in various situations. The officials will also give a run down on signaling by either flags or signs and what is required when you see these signals.

The session usually starts with a driver only session. This usually runs for about 30 minutes and then the session are swapped to driver & passenger session. This usually runs for around 30 minutes then reverts back to driver. This activity structure is generally followed throughout the day but may be subject alteration to fit with the number and types of cars that attend.

There is air available for tyres but you will need your own pressure gauge or borrow someone's on the day. Fuel will be available, AVGAS, ULP, OPTIMAX and JFP Racing Unleaded at selected times through the day.

The kiosk will be open and will have hot and cold food and drinks available.

If you have not been to a Winton Fun Day and are interested in participating in motorsport or a least seeing what all the fuss is about the you should mark December 17th in your calendar as a fun day for the whole family.

The cost of the Day is $25 per participant, for more details contact Winton Motor Raceway on (03) 5766 4235. Special Thanks for the day go to Autobrakes who make it the costs reasonable for people to attend.

We arrived home Monday afternoon, all very tired from a busy weekend, but a nice weekend. It was great to catch up with the Euroford club members & we home that we catch up with someone of you in December. Let me know possible numbers so that we can try and arrange some hot laps for the club members

Regards,

Best Racing
-------------------------

Timmeh
Old 04-11-2006, 11:13 AM   #38
joshf2
striped

sounds like a plan
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 10:51 PM   #39
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Righto guys, Best Racing want to know how many members are planning to come. I'm still keen to go despite it being two days before I move house, and can take my car trailer as a backup plan just in case we need to get a Euroford home for whatever reason, but I am not towing someone down and back for the sake of it. Pie - I can get a set of standard Focus rims and tyres for you to drive down on, if you want to put a super sticky set of rubber on your mags.

I'll be looking to drive down the day before, camp the Sat night at Best Racings property, and drive back on the Sunday afternoon, so long as a few people are going. Anyone willing to commit?

Timmeh

Is anyone seriously planning to go
Old 16-11-2006, 12:04 AM   #40
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I should be coming but not from Sydney way

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 12:45 AM   #41
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I too am interested. I have a spare set of tyres and rubber now that I can abuse... so I'll probably convoy up with Adam. Only a 2 1/2 hour drive for us anyway!
Old 16-11-2006, 12:51 AM   #42
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Sorry guys. The 17th is no good for me
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 10:00 AM   #43
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Alas unfortunately It seems that I will indeed be having an opperation on the 1st december so i too am out.
Damnit i really really wanted to go to this....it would of been so cool to meet some of the Vic members and do a track style day.

Old 16-11-2006, 04:45 PM   #44
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I'm commited. Will probably travel home on Monday though! Or there's a possibility of travelling as far as Goulburn if I leave Sunday arvo. Also I'd be leaving from Goulburn so would have to meet the "convoy" in or near Goulburn.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2006, 07:35 AM   #45
joshf2
striped

if theres space to pitch a tent, and the ground is reasonably flat, i cant see why not

so its driving down saturday? cause i have the work christmas function on friday night, so i guess it'll be an easy night.
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2006, 05:14 PM   #46
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Yeah, the plan is to drive down on Saturday (would you agree to that Timmeh) and meet me at Goulburn and we all travel down in 'convoy'.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Old 19-11-2006, 07:22 PM   #47
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Sorry to say, but as we only have 2 people planning on going from NSW, I'm going to pull out as I am moving house the following day and there aren't enough people going to make the trip to bring the trailer worthwhile.

Tim
Old 19-11-2006, 07:47 PM   #48
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tim, it is a shame that you cannot come. Would've been great to catch up. But I'm sure there will be a possiblity in the future for the VIC and NSW club members meet.

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 02:19 AM   #49
amlohac

NOOOOOOOOO im goin, its at winton, bugger you all ill go flog my wagon on my own
amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 04:01 PM   #50
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Looks likely now that I am not going. Very sorry but there will be other opportunities, with more time and planning (next year) I can not see why we can't make it a 'goer'.

Old 20-11-2006, 04:09 PM   #51
BlackLS

20% possibility for me coming down. May camp (or most likely sleep in the Focus)
Old 20-11-2006, 09:16 PM   #52
bestracing

Red face Camping arrangements

Hi All,

We can see from the forum that there is a few of you coming from Vic / NSW to Winton fun day on December 17th.

If anyone is interested in pitching a tent let us know as we have a small yard & could accomodate a few (send us a pm). Benalla also has a backpackers style accommodation called Trekkers Rest (http://www.trekkersrest.com.au/?file=home) which has budget rooms for $25 which is just around the corner from our place.

If anyone is arriving Saturday, send us a pm and we can arrange to catch up (maybe dinner, etc ) with you prior.

Regards,

Darren & Treena Best
bestracing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 07:52 PM   #53
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Hey Guys i Should be comming Down. My opperation has been post poned cause the doc says all is going well......so i should be coming down for the day. would like to meet up with sum guys....

Old 25-11-2006, 12:45 PM   #54
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I would like to be there, but must remind Sydney members attending the Street Fords photoshoot that it has been forced to the backup date of Dec 16th 06 so that will interfere with this trip. It sucks but be aware of it.

Timmeh
Old 27-11-2006, 11:23 AM   #55
photn
AFF Post NAZI

God damnit lol....thanks for pointing that out timmeh.... i really wanted to go down....hmmm

Old 27-11-2006, 03:05 PM   #56
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Blue ST170 and I were with BEST RACING over the weekend. Despite the fact that the Street Fords photoshoot has been moved to the 16th, they're still looking forward to seeing the Victorian EUROFORDLUB Members coming along. So there's always next year to plan for!

Old 29-11-2006, 10:26 PM   #57
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I'm still locked in guys, as is Adam. Prob not racing our cars, but we'll be there and I'll certainly go for hotlaps!!

We'll confirm about the overnight since we may be doing something with the Vic gang on the saturday 16th, we might just drive up early on the Sunday but we will confirm.
Old 30-11-2006, 04:31 PM   #58
Blue_ST170

ill probably be there. My cars not gonna have a gearbox by then so no shoot for me. Ill be bringing the m5 if i come....

Saving for: cat-back exhaust
Blue_ST170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2006, 12:49 AM   #59
bestracing

Default Fun Day at Winton Sunday 17th Dec

Hi Everyone,

Just letting you know that Darren, Frank and the Focus arrived home tonight (11.30pm) from Melbourne. The focus has had repairs completed, sporting a fresh new look. Darren and Frank will be working on the car tommorrow to clean it up, check things over in preparation for the fun day at Winton.

We will be at Winton from 8am onwards until approximately 4pm.

Look forward to seeing those of you who can make it.
Dont forget to give us a call if anyone needs a bed or wants to catchup prior to Sunday.

Regards Treena
bestracing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2006, 03:07 AM   #60
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I'll be there bright and early on Sunday Morning guys, can't make it for the night unfortunately, although I would have loved to campe under the stars... or is that smoke!

See you around 9am on Sunday morning!