Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 15-06-2006, 01:07 PM   #1
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Default Peter Warren All Ford Day?

Hey Peeps,

Just wondering if any of you are interestined in coming along to The Peter Warren All Ford Day on 6th August??

A group of us had our cars displayed last year and had a ball looking at all different old school and new school fords. I think entry is 20 bucks and it goes to charity.

Would be good to get a tent/pergola thing happening like the dudes did in MELB - Small Ford Sunday. If our last cruise was a hit (14-15 cars) cant see why we shouldnt make a statement here and get the club known.

Link to Pixs

Old 15-06-2006, 02:15 PM   #2
whippet_zetec
Supes

yep, Timbo and I and have been chatting about this one coming up....am sure details will be available soonish.

Todd
Old 15-06-2006, 07:01 PM   #3
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds cool. Ill try and make it down.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2006, 09:06 PM   #4
joshf2
striped

i should be ok for this
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2006, 10:46 PM   #5
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds good i'm in
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 02:43 PM   #6
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I enjoyed last year's A.F.D. and I knew it'd be coming up again shortly. But unfortunately I will be in the N.T. (hopefully meeting up with Angry).

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2006, 12:21 AM   #7
Uni

depends where and when but count me in, even if only for a few hours...

bloody HSC :(

Uni/.
Uni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2006, 07:19 PM   #8
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Yeah we are planning a big display this year, I'll update more details soon. Got lots of good ideas, with any luck we can take out the best club display for our category. More to come.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 07:12 PM   #9
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Ok guys, an update on the All Ford Day.

I have gone and splashed out on a whole bunch of things to make our day good, and I have been working (not in work time, I would NEVER do that) things to make the day great.

In no particular order:

- Had the banner sent up from Victoria's Small Ford Sunday earlier this year - thanks Zetec.
- Organised a huge club history display, with words and photos, to go inside:
- A giant 3m by 6m pergola thing I bought for us to set up in. Its a large car shelter so we can always fit a small Euroford in there too, debating putting my rally car in it, see how much space we have coz I want some shade this year dammit. Could always buy another... rofl.
- Bought some folding chairs but we need more so everyone that attends should try to bring one.
- Club fliers, for those that are after information on our club on the day.
- Organised a quiz for us on the day, where you will do better if you walk around and look at the cars on display there. They will provide answers. Why should you be bothered?
- Prizes and awards! For most correct answers on the quiz, runner up on the quiz, every club member that attends goes into a raffle as well. I also have a prize for the best attention to detail car that attends, and an appreciation prize.
- I'll also get off my lazy butt and get the certificates for attending in 2005 for those that came, and have some made up for this year also.
- A couple of Eskies (not my rally car Eski, the blue and white kind with no wheels) with ice will be available too, to store your drinks in.

Write the date into your calendars, August 6th. Money goes to a good charity, last year it was the Westmead Childrens Hospital, and who doesn't want to support them!

What I need from club members:
- Confirm your attendance when possible so I can organise how many certificates and quizzes to bring. I can bring a couple extra, but numbers are nice.
- Bring along a clean car, happy face and good attitude, water / drinks / snacks for your day, a few bucks for lunch (they sell all types of hot food there and it goes down so well), a chair to sit on, a camera if you want.

I also need one member to bring a card table if they have one, so we can put food / club fliers on. And play cards on, I'll bring some of those too. And no, not the giant novelty kind from last years Christmas Dinner. Anything else people want to bring to add to the day is always welcome.

We're putting alot of time, cash, and effort into making this year good, so it'd be great if you can make it along. It's for a good cause, and if you don't we won't ever talk to you again.

Hope that's given a bit of a heads-up on the day, go get your diaries / calendars and mark it today!

Timmeh

Oh yeah, I'll provide a map and details of the meeting up point soon, it's an early start but Maccas breakfasts go down so well.
Old 22-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #10
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I might just be there... will keep you posted.
Old 22-06-2006, 07:41 PM   #11
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

In there 101%. I might have a card table and two double love seats for peeps to sit on.

Sounding like an awesome day. I hope we make a big impact and kill the opposition.

Good stuff organising it all Timbo. We will do you proud.
Old 22-06-2006, 09:08 PM   #12
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I might come say hi - unfortunately I don't have a Fiesta anymore. One day I'll bring along an XR5T...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 09:33 PM   #13
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep i'm definately there, migth see if another person i know with a pure silver LS zetec will come too, will let you know, also i'm hoping to have my taillights etc. by then...
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 10:10 PM   #14
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im there 100% with car
Old 25-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #15
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Excellent response, guys, glad to see so many members stepping up - especially those that attended last year.

I did go out and buy a second 3x6m pagola so we should have one hell of a display for the day! I am looking forward to it, alot. We'll try to get some details up as to how we want to set up our display, because your guys input is every bit as important as what we can come up too!

More to come soon...

Timmeh

Last edited by Timmeh; 25-06-2006 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Can't spell
Old 25-06-2006, 10:22 PM   #16
pcperfection
Cougar

Hey Guys, you can add another 1 (Cougar) to the A.F.D , this will be my first meet, so looking forward to catching up with everyone. Tim, looks like you have covered just about everything needed for the day but if it's any help I have a Ford F250 ex Ambo (Pic here www.pcperfection.com.au ) I have 240v power in it a microwave, bar fridge if needed, also a portable gas BBQ or a 5 Burner with a hood, a large market table, quiet a few chairs, a 10ft annex that runs off the side of the truck, can also bring a 80cm TV, PC + screen, also have a vinyl cutter if anyone wants basic signage done, if anything is of any help just let me know.
pcperfection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2006, 10:57 PM   #17
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Fantastic news to have you along, it will be really good to meet you! The F250 looks like quite a rig! Any more details or photos of your Cougar? They are such a good looking car!

Nice to see you on the forums, welcome!

Tim
Old 25-06-2006, 11:28 PM   #18
pcperfection
Cougar

Thanks Tim, here are a couple of pic's

http://www.fordforums.com.au/attachm...id=17180&stc=1
http://www.fordforums.com.au/attachm...id=17181&stc=1

Cheers
Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PIC_0002.JPG (50.5 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg PIC_0003.JPG (44.4 KB, 42 views)
pcperfection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 12:39 PM   #19
lotsy
Feisty

Oooh, nice looking cougar.

Tim, i'll be there for sure, don't know about Angry, he might be on a trip (although that didn't really stop him last time).
lotsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 12:36 AM   #20
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Just to put my name on the board, I'm almost certain I'll be there.

Thinking of bringing my old audio gear (For Sale on the EFC Forums) to try and flog them off too!

Mark, it'll be great to catch up in person again, not to mention having two Cougar's on display

Dan
Dshibi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 02:25 AM   #21
Uni

i'm in, but i'll have to bail at about 11 i think.. should be enough time to do the meet and greet etc

looking forward to it!

Uni/.
Uni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 11:04 AM   #22
calum
Starter Motor

yea im well up for it. great work on the organisation tim. if you need a hand with anything just let me know.
calum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 04:53 PM   #23
photn
AFF Post NAZI

im damn in thats for sure. lol. i can also bring my own porta shade. if its okay, put over my car. ill be there, and with the award for car with most attention to detail, what is that in regards to. like cleanliness, or mods or just looks great lolz(of course i wanna win it lol, other wise i wouldnt be asking!!)hheheheheheh

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 07:55 PM   #24
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Good to have you guys confirming your attendance, it's going to be a massive day.

In regards to the attention to detail, just putting in the time to make the car look presentable, doing the small things like shining any chrome, cleaning the windows and inside of the wheel arches etc.

It's a big day but worth it, a chance for us to give back to the community where it's needed most, and also show everyone what we are all about!

More details soon!

Timmeh
Old 13-07-2006, 11:47 PM   #25
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

I'm posting the following on behalf of an Ill in bed Timmeh - Apologies for not having it posted up earlier.

Hey guys... just an emergency calling for all those wanting to go to the Peter Warren All Ford Day. FordForums appears to be down at the moment, so I haven’t been able to generate a list of confirmees.

As everyone might be aware, we are having a massive display, with marquees and a club history display and competitions.

The organisers are allowing us to get our own area if we pre-book it, which we need to have rough numbers for by Friday. The cost is $20, which goes to Westmead Childrens Hospital. Everyone gets an entrants bag of goodies also.

We had a blast last year and the opportunity to have our own area this year is too good to pass up. We will need to pre-pay, which means we'll need to get some money out of members in the next week or two. We can cover a few members who can't afford it till closer to the date, but for now, until AFF is up and running again, can those members planning to come please say so here so I can book numbers. We have to have them in by Friday, so anyone that can get a reply in would be great. If you can’t pay till closer to the date, don’t stress it a lot, please confirm though as your spot will be booked and paid for.

Just something to be aware of guys, it’s an early start, and the organizers don’t like cars leaving until 4pm, though 3pm was more realistic last year when cars started to leave.

Confirmed:

Tim (pre-paying)
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 07:17 AM   #26
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Thanks Mark - I had to put thru the pre-order today so I booked us a spot for 12 cars, going off numbers in this thread.

I accounted for:

Timmeh x2 (one tow vehicle)
whippet_zetec
pieoter
Mista Fiesta
Zetec20
pcperfection
Abraxas
lotsy
calum
photn

Which is eleven people so we have a spare spot, and more can come on the day if need be.

I'll prepay out of my own money and if any members that could get their money to me when possible, that'd be great. We get mailed out stickers for our car windscreen which means no lining up in a queue to get in on the day!

Timmeh
Old 14-07-2006, 09:30 AM   #27
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Howdy,

Yes im 100% there. Just let me know the best way to transfer the monies.

Cheers

Damo
Old 14-07-2006, 10:50 AM   #28
photn
AFF Post NAZI

cool just tell me how to pay and ill send the money.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 12:36 PM   #29
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Hey all,

just reconfirming my willingness to attend, and Tim, I'll get you the money as soon as possible.

Just wanted to know if it'll be possible to reverse my car up against something on the day because I had the unfortunate incident of having a truck run into the back of the Cougar and the bumper is scratched (white marks on black paint). The bumper won't be repaired until the Monday following the show, and it's not a good enough reason not to attend. (IMO).

Dan
Dshibi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 01:02 PM   #30
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ill send the monies ASAP. Just PM me the details and i'll send it over.