Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 08:37 PM   #1
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Default Details Page 3 - NSW Cruise April 9th Homebush Starting Point

Hey, ummm.... im only a new member... but how about another cruise this year?! Reason being that Tim is coming back on March 24th, and we have some new members (including me). This time ill have time to actually show up, and also.... i lose my license (suspended) from April 13th, so somewhere inbetween March 24th and April 13th anyone? Would be an event for Tim to show off his new ride!

Any thoughts? Would it happen, or not?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 10-03-2005, 08:43 PM   #2
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

im up for it
Old 10-03-2005, 08:44 PM   #3
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Count me in, I'll be hanging for a run in the car when I get back.

Many things would could be commemorating!

The Smashing of Fiestas! - a worrying trend lately!

Farewell Cruise for Tekis License!!

Return to Civilisation! - Goodbye cruel NT, hopefully for good.

On a side note, when did we start letting Fiesta owners make threads? Next thing you know, they'll think they are welcome here!

:

Tim!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:47 PM   #4
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

lol, hey... we arent the minority anymore.... we breed fast!!! 484 sold last month. ummm.... i forgot to mention.... i had no destination posted... but i guess that will come later if people decide they want to come. Ill leave that to the big bully... Tim!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 10-03-2005, 08:52 PM   #5
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Someone has to keep you all down, don't want an uprising in the Junior Ranks! :

Fast Eddie has made a suggestion for the next NSW cruise:

Start the usual (for all you newbies, that is McDonalds in Thornleigh, North Sydney) and go through Galston/Dural and end up at Berowra Waters for lunch.

Sounds like a good suggestion to me, I am all for it. it:

Tim
Old 10-03-2005, 08:57 PM   #6
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Well ill be there, no matter what weather day or time, you can count me in. Love to see ppls faces when they see a whole bunch of euro fords screaming down the road. heheheh :

Destination ideas = Maybe The entrance or some where north thats nice. Some where i can bring an ESKI and some snags would be cool
Old 10-03-2005, 09:04 PM   #7
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Talking

destination... anywhere with a nice twisty road and... some foci to put to shame : :countdown BUBAI FOCUS!!!!!

Last edited by Teki04; 10-03-2005 at 09:08 PM. Reason: stupid english...
Old 10-03-2005, 09:10 PM   #8
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Thats true Teki, we need a could of twisty roads, some hills but one good straight so i can chop yo ****. lets put the manual and auto side by side and see
Old 10-03-2005, 09:13 PM   #9
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

hahahaha.... you better get used to seeing my rear then!
Oh... and... only to the posted speed limit ya. No such thing as safe speeding. "All motorists must drive within the speed limit of the road on which they are travelling". hahahahha, :tosser1:

Last edited by Teki04; 10-03-2005 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:17 PM   #10
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Well, I will point out we don't encourage any foolish behaviour that is going to get anyone hurt, or bring the club into disrepute - it's ok to enjoy the cars and have fun, but if you want to ignore all road rules, drift thru any lane, and generally try to kill yourself in 1001 ways, do it on your own time!

However, we do go out to enjoy the cars, the roads we live on just north of Sydney usually have speed limits high enough and corners sharp enough to enjoy yourself.

Just for info.

Tim!
Old 10-03-2005, 09:19 PM   #11
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

yea well obviously, but add another 20kmh to the "suggested" cornering speed (still within the speed limit) should be... fun

Old 10-03-2005, 09:24 PM   #12
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

just to make things clear... it was all a jk. I already learnt my lesson. Not having your license for 3 months, even before you lose it makes you realise how much you want it. Ill be legal for the cruise, promise. Red line in 1st doesnt mean im speeding, im just getting to the posted speed limit quickly. K, now thats sorted, who else is in?

Old 10-03-2005, 09:24 PM   #13
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I was just trying to stir Teki up, just a little rivalry never hurt. But i totaly understand what ur saying Timmeh, im not that kind of person to speed and be an idiot its just not me. I will be there to have a good time and enjoys the other peoples company.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:27 PM   #14
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Ill be there for the looks.... could you imagine the face on some drivers when they see heaps of focus/fiesta (euro) fords together? i cant wait... some good ford publicity... we should be sponsored LOL. I mean, two aquarius zetecs together, plus other fords, are certain to gain attention!

Old 10-03-2005, 11:31 PM   #15
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can 90% count me in. But can we do something other than the usualy Pacific Highway run? Im hopeless with the road up there so someone else will need to think of something.

On the issue of Speed Limits I Found that the posted limits for corners are a POS. Some you can very easily do at over double the speed while other need to be done at or below the posted speed. It is easy to get carried away, if you have a moment slow down for a while and cool down, you will have much more fun this way.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:48 PM   #16
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

LOL, yea we all heard what happened last time....

Old 11-03-2005, 10:34 AM   #17
lotsy
Feisty

Not sure if i'll come or not yet, depending on the date - Angry's away on another trip. Really stinks he's only just come back from one, so I might be too busy wollowing in my own missery.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:42 PM   #18
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I agree with Tim 110% about just getting out and enjoy yourself. As discussed before we might like to, at some stage, organise a track day or go down the 1/4 mile. I for one are raring to go after being privilidged to go out in various racecars/racetracks around the country.

Don't know about the 'Walrus' Tim!!

But back to the Cruise. We could meet at the usual (Thornleigh Macca's) go onto Old Pac Hgy/Galston Road/Arcadia Road and have lunch/take photo's at Berowra Waters and cross the Ferry (I think there's one isn't there?) or other members might want to go back the same way. Then onto to the junction of Berowra Waters/Pac Hgy. What do members think and can anyone suggest places to stop on the way? I haven't done this road for a very long time.

What does everyone think? It'd be good to see some new Focus and Fiesta members!

Fast Eddie.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:39 AM   #19
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
On the issue of Speed Limits I Found that the posted limits for corners are a POS. Some you can very easily do at over double the speed while other need to be done at or below the posted speed. It is easy to get carried away, if you have a moment slow down for a while and cool down, you will have much more fun this way.
You'd like the Great Ocean Road then.... :

Come to think of it you'd love the Dandenong mountains too. Amazing how the country's strictest state on motorists has some of the best roads with seriously high speed limits on mountain roads. Easy fix for the city folk with breathtaking scenery!!

How about heading South and down through the Royal National Park?

If only I was there to eat some Fiestas for lunch...

Be vewwy vewwy qwiet, I hunting Fiestas....
Old 12-03-2005, 03:51 PM   #20
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Zetec,

I have driven the G.O.R. in my previous vehicle. Can't wait till I next visit Melbourne for the Grand Prix (probably 2006) and I'll definitely find time to do the G.O.R. in the Focus. I haven't been to the Dandenongs but The Royal National Park is a good idea, too.

Fast Eddie.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:37 PM   #21
Xmetal
Automotive Photographer

Putty Road Anyone?
and in the Darkness bind them
Old 12-03-2005, 07:36 PM   #22
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I'd like to raise suggestions for dates:

April 2
April 9

Gives people a chance to get back from Easter, and before Teki becomes Pedestrian Enabled.

My suggestion is April 9th, gives people a week after Easter to get organised, gives us more time to plan around it, which brings me to my next suggestion.

Abraxas from FordLaser.com has suggested another combined cruise, though this one will be considerably shorter and less full on than the last one (for those that weren't there, it was a very long day, but good one). This will just be a 'for those FordLaser boys who want to come out for a drive and lunch' type invite, I am all for it, but I want to know what those that want to come to this cruise think.

Ok, so I'd like to know from those that want to come: Preffered Date and if you have any objections to some FordLaser guys coming.

Cheers.... Tim
Old 13-03-2005, 01:07 PM   #23
WASACL
Phat-Euro

OK boys... As some of you all know i have started a new job. So if i am working (4days on 4days off roster) i cant come.. But if i have the day off count me in for sure!

Russ
Old 13-03-2005, 02:47 PM   #24
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

So... do you know if one date or the other falls into the "4days off" category? Or do you not know this until closer?

Would love to have you there, show the Fiesta Type Pilots what real cars are all about!

Tim
Old 13-03-2005, 08:23 PM   #25
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have no problem with a cruise with the laser boys. The only issue is if my hair will return after shave for a cure.
Old 14-03-2005, 10:17 AM   #26
whippet_zetec
Supes

Sorry guys, you will have strike me out on any cruise's from now til the end of May...no time before the wedding and then 5 weeks overseas (Europe & US, but I will be doing my very own Euroford cruise in Scotland in a New Mondeo, bring on the highlands).

On the suggestion for the cruise to Dural and then Berowra Waters for lunch, if you go through Hornsby and the gorge to Dural then Berowra I think you might find the drive a little short, my suggestion would be to go from Thornleigh Maccas, back along Pennant Hills Road to Thompsons Corner through Castle Hill and head out through Old Northern Road to Dural, then Galston, Arcadia, into Berwora Waters, will add a little bit extra to your cruise but not a real lot. Fish and Chips at Berowra Waters is pretty tasty (been there a heap as my folks live at the top of the hill in Berwora)......
Old 14-03-2005, 02:33 PM   #27
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Todd,

How are you? Is there a car ferry that will take you to either side of Berowra Waters and isn't there a nice Focus RS around that you could hire?

No, I don't mind if the Laser guys come along and either the 2nd or 9th is o.k. for me at this stage. So, I'll be there.

Fast Eddie.
Old 14-03-2005, 07:37 PM   #28
WASACL
Phat-Euro

Ok the 9th, 16th or 17th i THINK i have off... someone make a decisional date!!!

Russ
Old 14-03-2005, 08:55 PM   #29
whippet_zetec
Supes

Yep Eddie, there is a ferry at Berowra Waters which carries cars to each side, pretty much the same as Wisemans Ferry but at Berowra Waters there is only one ferry.

I wish an RS in Scotland, we are spending enough already and I dont think Hertz offers them anyway..it would be a prestige hire.
Old 14-03-2005, 09:37 PM   #30
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Let's lock in the 9th of April at this stage then.

Shame that you won't be there, Todd - but hope the whole wedding and honeymoon is awesome for you!

Good to hear you should be able to come, Eddie, and hopefully you too Pieoter.

Tim
Closed Thread