Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 03-02-2006, 11:52 PM   #1
Resty
Amon of Focus

Default teaser

Pic1

Not quite fitting so we build another.

pic2

Cardboard template.

pic3

pic4

Riz

Resty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 01:45 AM   #2
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Grrr teaser alright...need the pic with the turbo on it :P just makes me wanna get 1 more and more
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 02:03 AM   #3
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Awesome, mate this is the day we've ALL been waiting for!! I'll buy you lunch the day it is complete!!! Deal??!!!!
Old 04-02-2006, 11:36 AM   #4
whippet_zetec
Supes

Great work Resty,

I cant wait until you have finished and let us all know the final results. Makes me want to get one too
Old 08-02-2006, 11:35 AM   #5
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Looking good, Resty, all looking good. Keep them coming!

Timmeh
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 01:17 PM   #6
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Resty, how is Rob Herrod finding it, working on a Focus after all those Falcons???
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 03:57 PM   #7
Resty
Amon of Focus

His confidence is not swayed at all. He was actually the first person to say "yes we can do it".

Initially my problem was finding a capable tuner. Rob is kinda treating it as a walk in the park. I will have updates as I get them.

Riz
Old 08-02-2006, 05:47 PM   #8
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

melbzetec when you putting turbo/supercharger on your car?
Old 08-02-2006, 09:35 PM   #9
melbzetec

Adam,

My dream upgrade is the Cosworth Powerworks supercharger....plus Quaife differential, plus a brake upgrade. But at $4800 US plus freight for the supercharger, plus installation, plus exactly the same ECU issues Resty has had, plus two kids in private school next year, plus a bathroom and kitchen that desperately need renovation plus, plus plus............... You get the picture
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:53 PM   #10
Resty
Amon of Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
Adam,

My dream upgrade is the Cosworth Powerworks supercharger....plus Quaife differential, plus a brake upgrade. But at $4800 US plus freight for the supercharger, plus installation, plus exactly the same ECU issues Resty has had, plus two kids in private school next year, plus a bathroom and kitchen that desperately need renovation plus, plus plus............... You get the picture
Adam,

Rob reckons he will have no drama's using his stealth tuner. Quaife is a great idea, I bought one. Personally I would not buy the supercharger for the $$$, although I must admit it is a quality kit.
Renovate instead. or go turbo.

Riz
Old 08-02-2006, 11:46 PM   #11
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Resty, I'm Adam, you were quoting Steven (not to sure on the spelling different people spell it differently.) I hear a supercharger is better than a turbo. Would like to get one, But to justify that sort of money on a car, I just can't. If I win tatt's by all means I would buy 1 and for everyone else in the club that wants it done. But till then I will just be asking for rides in you car when its done
Old 09-02-2006, 04:08 PM   #12
Resty
Amon of Focus

Without getting into a huge SC vs Turbo dicussion :P I just wanna make sure people understand it took me 2 years to make my decision. Yes there are many debates about SC and turbo. After 2 years I say each to their own. Let it be known however there is no replacement for the potential power output of a turbo zetec in any of the produced kits than that of one with a turbo period.

Riz
Old 09-02-2006, 05:33 PM   #13
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Like you said each to their own. I was just curious of the differances. But like I said I will just get rides off you :P
Old 09-02-2006, 06:01 PM   #14
melbzetec

Absolutely agree with Resty. Nothing will give more power than the turbo. I only lean to supercharging for my own personal reasons, buy it won't give as much power as the turbo.

Old 28-02-2006, 04:34 PM   #15
Resty
Amon of Focus

Here's an update.

pic

pic2

pic3

pic4

More to come...

Riz
Old 28-02-2006, 04:43 PM   #16
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Can you take some pics of my car when your there please... I am stuck at home for another 5 weeks!!!

Btw, it looks like a great project
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 05:36 PM   #17
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Keep it coming...slow and steady wins the race
Old 28-02-2006, 06:01 PM   #18
Resty
Amon of Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Can you take some pics of my car when your there please... I am stuck at home for another 5 weeks!!!

Btw, it looks like a great project

I'll be there next tuesday or maybe even 2mora. Which is your car? I took some photos of the cars in driveway as well.

Riz
Old 28-02-2006, 06:04 PM   #19
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Minge's car is the T3 TS50. Blueprint if I'm not mistaken.
Old 28-02-2006, 08:06 PM   #20
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Yeah baby, looking good!! Love your work Resty!!!
Old 28-02-2006, 09:20 PM   #21
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
Absolutely agree with Resty. Nothing will give more power than the turbo. I only lean to supercharging for my own personal reasons, buy it won't give as much power as the turbo.
i was looking through an old Fast Fords british mag yesterday, and i saw this lime green focus with a s/c.

thing is, the pulleys are on the left hand side of the motor, and the s/c was on the right. the pulleys were turning a shaft which was the length of the motor, which in turn, was connected to the blower. interesting nonetheless, but my question is....

melbzetec, if you were to eventually get this s/c, would your s/c be on the left or the right side of the motor?
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 09:35 PM   #22
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resty
I'll be there next tuesday or maybe even 2mora. Which is your car? I took some photos of the cars in driveway as well.

Riz

Mines the Blue Ts50, with the Stickers on the back windows, minus and engine: which may or may not be back in.

Thanks for that.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 11:02 AM   #23
melbzetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
i was looking through an old Fast Fords british mag yesterday, and i saw this lime green focus with a s/c.

thing is, the pulleys are on the left hand side of the motor, and the s/c was on the right. the pulleys were turning a shaft which was the length of the motor, which in turn, was connected to the blower. interesting nonetheless, but my question is....

melbzetec, if you were to eventually get this s/c, would your s/c be on the left or the right side of the motor?
The Cosworth is at the back of the motor (behind the fuel rail) with belts running down the left hand side of the engine (standing at the front of the car looking into the engine bay).

But given I am about to go into hock to totally rebuild the kitchen, including a new floor, the supercharger is becoming more and more of a dream.

Resty, the project is looking fantastic, and very hard core. Brilliant

Old 22-05-2006, 06:03 PM   #24
king_pin

Resty,

Are you alive? Have not seen or heard any news on the turbo fitting.

Please dont tell me you wrapped it around a lamp post on the first drive.
king_pin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 12:45 PM   #25
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looking good, i've been in contact with capa about turbo and supercharger kits they're developing for my car as well...
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 02:35 PM   #26
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Hey Riz,

Noticed in Pic 3 there's a Mustang. I'm pretty sure I've seen it around the racetracks in the past. The Focus is looking good though. If I see Rob at the track in the near future I'll ask him all about it! If you're ever at the racetrack I'm sure the guys from BEST RACING would be interested in a closer inspection.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2006, 01:09 AM   #27
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Riz, dude. If I have to wait another day you're not getting your $10 lunch money back!!!
Old 07-09-2006, 03:49 PM   #28
ASE
Starter Motor

Car is looking good Resty

Someone mentioned our kit a little whole ago. Just incase they're not able to buid it all themselves like you have.

Here ours

http://www.aseturbo.com/html/focus_turbo_kits.html

Has made 180kW at the tyres on 16psi
ASE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2006, 09:20 PM   #29
photn
AFF Post NAZI

hey resty NICE ride dude.....was wondering if Rob Herrod has any idea on how to put a Turbo on a Fiesta...?? would be really helpfull..

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2007, 06:12 PM   #30
sly
Sly like a G6

Old thread I know... any updates? Anyone else gone turbo or SC on a Focus?
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post