Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-04-2007, 04:50 PM   #61
XR8putts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob 351
just heard NZ lost to Sri Lanka last night
:evil_laug :evil_laug :evil_laug :evil_laug :evil_laug :evil_laug lost to Sri lanka
Did you also hear about the 3-0 series whitewash NZ gave Aus when they were here just before the world cup? : : :
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2007, 06:19 PM   #62
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by puts99
Did you also hear about the 3-0 series whitewash NZ gave Aus when they were here just before the world cup? : : :
NZ gave Australia absolutely no competition to begin with. We needed a rest. Hasn't Sri Lanka beaten NZ already?
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2007, 08:33 AM   #63
red_hotxr6
Banned

New zealand just beat south Africa by 5 wickets...
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2007, 08:46 AM   #64
BZINGA
Powered by Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
New zealand just beat south Africa by 5 wickets...

Wasn't a very thrilling game to watch, quite boring actually but New Zealand set it up by taking early wickets and keeping the run rate to under 4.
BZINGA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2007, 08:56 AM   #65
red_hotxr6
Banned

It was more entertaining than watching australia against Ireland that wasnt even worth switching the T.V on. At least n.z and S. Africa are in the top 5.
Old 15-04-2007, 09:07 AM   #66
BZINGA
Powered by Ford

Quote:
It was more entertaining than watching australia against Ireland that wasnt even worth switching the T.V on. At least n.z and S. Africa are in the top 5.
I'd rather watch Australia smash 90 odd runs in 12 overs than watch 2 teams make 190 odd runs each in 50 overs, run rate never reached 4 an over, was like watching a game back in the early 80's sleep: Lets hope the Aussies & Sri Lanka put on a good show.
Old 15-04-2007, 09:14 AM   #67
red_hotxr6
Banned

Thats like watching a 25 year old man beating the crap out of a 10 year old, instead of watching an even match up...did it ever occur to you that these are 2 very good teams and 1 of them keep smashing australia....no matter how many runs australia make...
Old 15-04-2007, 10:00 AM   #68
BZINGA
Powered by Ford

Quote:
Thats like watching a 25 year old man beating the crap out of a 10 year old, instead of watching an even match up...did it ever occur to you that these are 2 very good teams and 1 of them keep smashing australia....no matter how many runs australia make...
Abit harsh on the beating thing lol, yes they are 2 very good teams but it was far from an even match up, New Zealand bowled very well having them at 2/12 after 10 overs, wickets just kept falling and runs werent coming. NZ just coasted at 4 an over like a walk in the park and never looked threatened. NZ are a much stronger team than South Africa.
Old 15-04-2007, 04:02 PM   #69
XR8putts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIK67
Abit harsh on the beating thing lol
You're right. Smashing is a more appropriate word.

The last 3 games between NZ & Aus:

1. NZ smash Australia by ten wickets.
2. NZ chase down 330+
3. NZ chase down 340+

Thats purely from memory but I think I'm right.

And NZ have secured a spot in the semis with their latest win against SA.
Old 15-04-2007, 05:01 PM   #70
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by puts99
You're right. Smashing is a more appropriate word.

The last 3 games between NZ & Aus:

1. NZ smash Australia by ten wickets.
2. NZ chase down 330+
3. NZ chase down 340+

Thats purely from memory but I think I'm right.

And NZ have secured a spot in the semis with their latest win against SA.

In a series that meant nothing? where we were resting a few key players to ensure adequate rest and performance in the world cup.... Shame NZ wont make it past the next round.
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2007, 05:32 PM   #71
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NZ has victory even in defeat because it still stands tall and moves on but does not gloat or put its oponents down instead its humble either way. No need for excuses of needing a rest or losing players, just win or lose and we sure know how to do that both in cricket and rugby. Learning from it is what counts more than finding excuses.

It is a common thing with sport these days with very full calanders and if a team is tired and needs rest because of its full calander, then it never trained hard enough for it. Its the same in union and league.
Any way good on NZ they have done a lot better than I would have given them credit for. I had written them off ages ago but they have slowly risen enough to get them through.
Old 15-04-2007, 06:44 PM   #72
XR8putts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
In a series that meant nothing?
Meant nothing to you maybe, you probably formed that opinion after the three-zip whitewash. Had it been the other way, with Australia winning by ten wickets in one game, then chasing down 330+ in the next two games, you would have called it the greatest series win ever. Do a search and find the thread on that recent series, you'll find just as many BlackCaps were being rested and some were injured.

As for the second part of your post, I recall similar comments by others when England won the all-important CommonWealth Bank series, oh yeah, that was quite recent huh? How many were rested for that? Hell, when was the last time Aus won an ODI series?..
Old 15-04-2007, 09:57 PM   #73
BZINGA
Powered by Ford

[QUOTE=puts99]You're right. Smashing is a more appropriate word.

Abit harsh on the beating thing was nothing to do with NZ beating AUS, it was how my line was compared to a 25 year old man beating the crap out of a 10 year old.
Old 16-04-2007, 08:17 AM   #74
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT290
NZ has victory even in defeat because it still stands tall and moves on but does not gloat or put its oponents down instead its humble either way. No need for excuses of needing a rest or losing players, just win or lose and we sure know how to do that both in cricket and rugby. Learning from it is what counts more than finding excuses.

It is a common thing with sport these days with very full calanders and if a team is tired and needs rest because of its full calander, then it never trained hard enough for it. Its the same in union and league.
Any way good on NZ they have done a lot better than I would have given them credit for. I had written them off ages ago but they have slowly risen enough to get them through.
Exactly, australia are all smiles and jokes while they are winning but you watch there mood change if you dare start hitting there bowlers around, and continue to do so, they are the surliest people around, they want to run straight down the wicket and mouth off at you, and like you just said they dont know how to be humble. And my other point without making another thread, about the 25 year old man and 10 year old boy, geez i would have thought you would have gathered my analogy comparing the no1 team playing lowly Ireland, why would you think its great to see watch those 2 teams play compared to watching n.z and s. africa who are more evenly match and keep you watching to the last ball, wondering who is going to win.
Old 16-04-2007, 03:41 PM   #75
BZINGA