Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 29-09-2021, 03:21 PM   #15391
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Breaking News...WorkSafe charges Victorian government over alleged hotel quarantine breaches

worksafe-charges-victorian-government news story
3 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 03:31 PM   #15392
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
and theres the catch
no ones going to pay to go to work and the companies arnt goint to pay it to have you heck they dont want to do pay rises as it is
as for events $100 event going to be $210 wonder how that will affect sales
might as well stay in lock down i mean unemployed at home doing nothing fun
Well, with charges being laid today against Vic Health for last year's hotel quarantine breaches, I think it leaves no room for organisations to not take all necessary steps to protect their staff.....which will inevitably include mandatory vaccination and, for high risk industries, RAT. It will just become a cost of running a business. Companies can do bulk deals with suppliers, so cost will likely not be $100 per kit. Mandatory vaccination at work will also become the norm, as management will not only have a duty of care to protect staff, but also clients, suppliers and contractors that their staff may come in contact with.

Although once we reach 80%-90% fully vax, I don't see why we would still need RAT for events industry.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 29-09-2021, 03:33 PM   #15393
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Well it's done!.....my first shot of Pfizer, one more in 3 weeks.
The clinic does 1500 WA residents everyday!

Cheers BillyF
I'm getting mine tomorrow.
Raspberries to all the cynics who said overs 60's will never get the Pfizer, so book in your AZ.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 03:52 PM   #15394
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
Breaking News...WorkSafe charges Victorian government over alleged hotel quarantine breaches

I think I just heard Peta Credlin orgasm.....can't wait for her take tonight.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

4 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 03:59 PM   #15395
cosworthfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
The figures were posted above. 2019 ended up being 945 and it was considered a bad flu year. The 5 and 10 year averages have been around that 400 or so figure and the CMR has been consistent.

Comparatively, we had 910 COVID deaths last year and 345 YTD in 2021.
I’ve always been curious about the comparison between COVID deaths and flu deaths, as the numbers themselves only give part of the picture. I’m also interested in the population that’s affected (i.e. dies) as I think that should form part of the debate.

For example, is it the elderly that primarily makes up flu death numbers, or is it a broader spread of the population like COVID appears to be (at least with the Delta variant)?

Cheers
Jamie
This user likes this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 04:03 PM   #15396
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
I think it was a Liberty or United servo on the south side of the highway, nearer to the centre of town before you go up the hill
Trevor if you have doubt then get a test for peace of mind.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 04:04 PM   #15397
cosworthfreak

Quote:

A more accurate headline would be ‘Worksafe Victoria charges Victorian Dept. of Health and Human Services…..’

Technically you could say ‘Victorian Government charges Victorian Government….’ but that would be silly.
3 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 04:32 PM   #15398
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane
All I had was a headache the next morning with my AZ shot, my wife spent the next day in bed after hers.
Seems to be quite variable. Some people notice nothing, others end up in hospital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER

Dan Andrews is already working out who he can throw under the bus to protect himself. Is Jenny Mikkakos available for another round?
3 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 04:33 PM   #15399
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

And what would that achieve??
Old 29-09-2021, 04:35 PM   #15400
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
I'd love to say holding people to account for their screw ups. But we all know this government is dodgy as hell, and always finds a way to worm their way out. Just like the red shirts debacle.
3 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 05:30 PM   #15401
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Possible Jail terms, but I don't imagine that will ever happen.

In terms of any fines awarded, one might think it's silly, because money will just get transferred from one government account to another... Like charging yourself.

However, it's the taxpayers who really end up paying for the lawyers in what will be a long drawn out court case, etc. Money that could be used elsewhere.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 05:35 PM   #15402
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

In terms of any fines awarded, one might think it's silly, because money will just get transferred from one government account to another... Like charging yourself.

However, it's the taxpayers who really end up paying for the lawyers in what will be a long drawn out court case, etc. Money that could be used elsewhere.
Just saw a lawyer on the news say in reality no one will be charged!no one will be named and shamed,no one will be held accountable no fines will be payable,so it seems a slow news day headline which will achieve nought at the end if the day
2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 05:35 PM   #15403
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
I think I just heard Peta Credlin orgasm.....can't wait for her take tonight.
So a state government agency is potentially going to fine a state government agency?
Old 29-09-2021, 06:11 PM   #15404
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, and they can, particularly WorkSafe
Old 29-09-2021, 06:14 PM   #15405
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

There is only 2 sections of the Victorian OHS Act that have jail terms attached, Section 32 Duty not to recklessly endanger persons at workplaces and Section 39a-g Workplace Manslaughter

I can't see the Government would be charged with those offences
Old 29-09-2021, 06:15 PM   #15406
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Big signal to businesses regarding duty of care, application of WH&S and covid. They will be made liable. You can be charged even for something like not giving proper instruction on how to wear a mask.

Don't want to mandate vaccination for your staff? Fine, but if unvaccinated staff in your company causes severe ill health or death to others, you could be in trouble?

Good legal test case for what is to come.

Rides (past and present)

Old 29-09-2021, 06:16 PM   #15407
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Just saw a lawyer on the news say in reality no one will be charged!no one will be named and shamed,no one will be held accountable no fines will be payable,so it seems a slow news day headline which will achieve nought at the end if the day
In Victorian OHS law when a 'body corporate' gets charged, they normally also give the same charge to a 'natural person' as it is deemed that the 'body corporate' doesn't have a mind of its own so they charge the 'natural person' as well. I do say normally, but not always

So the outcome would be that ABC Engineering (body corporate) gets charged and Bill ABC (natural person) will get the same charge. Normally in this situation the natural person is someone high up in the body corporate
Old 29-09-2021, 06:22 PM   #15408
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Big signal to businesses regarding duty of care, application of WH&S and covid. They will be made liable. You can be charged even for something like not giving proper instruction on how to wear a mask.

Don't want to mandate vaccination for your staff? Fine, but if unvaccinated staff in your company causes severe ill health or death to others, you could be in trouble?

Good legal test case for what is to come.
No WHS in Victoria or Western Australia, they are still OHS

and you correct with the rest of your info

I have been saying this since SPC hit the news over mandatory vaccinations for their staff. Under Section 21 of the Vict OHS Act an employer must provide (where reasonably practicable) and safe and healthy workplace
2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 06:39 PM   #15409
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
There is only 2 sections of the Victorian OHS Act that have jail terms attached, Section 32 Duty not to recklessly endanger persons at workplaces and Section 39a-g Workplace Manslaughter

I can't see the Government would be charged with those offences
You are correct that the government (in this case the Department of health), cannot be charged for Workplace manslaughter.

Charges of industrial manslaughter only came into place in Victoria on July 1, 2020.

The alleged failings of the hotel quarantine program stem from the way it was designed and implemented from March 2020.

The department can only face prosecution for the laws that were in place at that time.

Also, no "individuals" will be charged in this case.

WorkSafe alleges that the Department of Health, rather than any specific individual, breached OHS laws by failing to appoint people with infection prevention and control expertise to be stationed at quarantine hotels.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 06:57 PM   #15410
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You are correct that the government (in this case the Department of health), cannot be charged for Workplace manslaughter.

Charges of industrial manslaughter only came into place in Victoria on July 1, 2020.
generally that is correct, but the WorkSafe Solicitor and legal boffins said that it could be retrospective when I sat in a briefing with them in about June last year. I and quite a few others were surprised by that, but I got the feeling that they were indicating that if investigations were underway but not finalised before July 1 then there could be an opportunity

Quote:
The alleged failings of the hotel quarantine program stem from the way it was designed and implemented from March 2020.

The department can only face prosecution for the laws that were in place at that time.

Also, no "individuals" will be charged in this case.

WorkSafe alleges that the Department of Health, rather than any specific individual, breached OHS laws by failing to appoint people with infection prevention and control expertise to be stationed at quarantine hotels.
I agree with that, it would be a surprise for them to charge an individual in this case
2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 07:41 PM   #15411
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Anyone seen that video by the doctor in the UK talking about the method in which people are being given their vax shot?
Apparently the vaccine is only safe if its given I.M. however, sometimes the needle hits a vein and it goes straight into the blood stream I.V. and to the heart causing serious damage.
It was tested on mice and showed the effects.
Apparently the correct method is to insert the needle and draw back on the plunger to see if it has hit the blood stream, if it has blood will be drawn back into the syringe, if its in the muscle tissue there is no blood.
The Doctor says the first shot doesnt show the problem, its not until the 2nd jab that the damage comes to light.

Apparently people who have asked the question prior to being jabbed are being told they refuse to draw back, cant remember the medical term for that, as if they find blood they have to throw the dose away and try again with a new needle.

Is there any truth to this or is it just more scaremongering?
2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 07:51 PM   #15412
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Anyone seen that video by the doctor in the UK talking about the method in which people are being given their vax shot?
Apparently the vaccine is only safe if its given I.M. however, sometimes the needle hits a vein and it goes straight into the blood stream I.V. and to the heart causing serious damage.
Apparently the correct method is to insert the needle and draw back on the plunger to see if it has hit the blood stream, if it has blood will be drawn back into the syringe, if its in the muscle tissue there is no blood.
The Doctor says the first shot doesnt show the problem, its not until the 2nd jab that the damage comes to light.

Apparently people who have asked the question prior to being jabbed are being told they refuse to draw back, cant remember the medical term for that, as if they find blood they have to throw the dose away and try again with a new needle.

That's just administering an injection 101 .I was recently shown how to do that by the vet when injecting my dogs medication ?

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
5 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 07:54 PM   #15413
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post
That's just administering an injection 101 .I was recently shown how to do that by the vet when injecting my dogs medication ?
yes, thats what the Doctor said and had been teaching student nurses that way for 30yrs, however, he said the incorrect method is being used and warnings are being sent out about the issue and side effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBaIRm4610o&t=2s
2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 07:58 PM   #15414
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldel View Post
If you go down that route I have to say you never spoke out as being pro BLM r against cops when the victims were different.

E: For the record all your comments back then were pro right wing, pro avi and right wing media, pro cops, anti left etc.
So what you're saying is disingenuous and only to suit your own beliefs. IE it means nothing compared to people that have consistent views and don't twist things to suit their story.
Are you supposed to be quoting me or not? Since you posted a vague comment after mine with no direct quote.

BLM and Anti vax protestors are both not great. I don't necessarily agree with them, but they shouldn't be beat by cops for it. Unless they are committing violence, then they should be stopped by police.

I have my vax booked in, I'm not supporting the anti vaxers, but they should be able to have their say, even if I think they are wrong.

As for the right wing bull crap, Only simpletons call themselves left or right wing. I look at each situation separately. I'm not going to commit to any ideology 100%

Last edited by Ben73; 29-09-2021 at 08:11 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 08:13 PM   #15415
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Depends on whether it goes to trial or not as most likely Health department pleads guilty and gets fined, solicitors will be big winners with the fees.
End of the day it will be just how big will the fines be and nothing more.
Old 29-09-2021, 08:38 PM   #15416
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Depends on whether it goes to trial or not as most likely Health department pleads guilty and gets fined, solicitors will be big winners with the fees.
End of the day it will be just how big will the fines be and nothing more.
not too many plead 'not guilty' to a breach of the OHS Act - see here
WorkSafe Recent Prosecutions

Click on the Bold name on the left to reveal all the dirty detail

You can search by company name or which Court in Victoria

Last edited by Trevor 57; 29-09-2021 at 08:45 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 10:20 PM   #15417
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post

That bit bothers me.
Weve had our 1st jab.
My arm hurt for about 3 days as expected.
My wife barely felt the injection and no pain. She joked on the day that it didnt even feel like the nurse did it, like a blood test
Old 29-09-2021, 10:27 PM   #15418
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I'd love to say holding people to account for their screw ups. But we all know this government is dodgy as hell, and always finds a way to worm their way out. Just like the red shirts debacle.
All people in positions of power, depending on their mindset are either capable of handling the stresses of their job or its too much to comprehend.
But instead of admitting to themselves that they're out of their league will always try to pass the buck, they like their easy money, where else could they get so much control without being personally responsible!....and get paid a king's ransom for doing nothing

Cheers BillyH
Old 29-09-2021, 10:35 PM   #15419
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I’ve really missed this thread the last two days. Lots of reading to catch up!

Premier Berejiklian is having an each-way bet in the popularity stakes, she is essentially fixed on a date for “Freedom Day” (October 11th) but is keen to get the double vaccination tally up there as well. My money is on us falling well short (several percent shy of her 80% target) on the day - it requires a linear increase in double vaccination tally of about 1.42% per day through the eleventh. Wondering how that likely default will be taken by the zero Covid and other hardline theorists.

Also laughing at the comment - paraphrased from Reddit - that “If Covid vaccine powder could be snorted off a stripper’s backside, there’d be a line of hi-vis from Melbourne to Geelong”.

Last edited by Citroënbender; 29-09-2021 at 10:55 PM.
Old 29-09-2021, 10:39 PM   #15420
slowsnake
Banned

I have had a monumental amount of injections in my life, I'm talking multiple hundreds, they only pull back the syringe plunger when they inject directly into a vein, but normally the pressure in the vein pushes the blood into the syringe!

I had my Pfizer jab in the gluteus or bum, intra muscular, all they may hit is a blood vessel, you know if they do believe me!
Junkies and speed freaks pull back, its only so they know its a vein or the shot is wasted!.......

The nurses know what they are doing, that's what they train so hard for

Cheers BillyI
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread