Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-07-2010, 10:36 PM   #121
thredwa

Absolute grunter, Good effort i say but it is hard to try make a Falcon handle like a standard EVO or GTR let alone one with unlimited money thrown at it.

Would be good to see how it goes with more development
thredwa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2010, 12:25 AM   #122
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Awesome bit of gear.
Though reminds me of a Top Gear Ep where I think either Hammond or Clarkson (pretty sure it was Hammond) tested a car out on their STIG race track. It had so much power (and even power to weight ratio), it was just so twitchy and slide'y that it was pointless as a sports car. It was ok in the looks, but so much oversteer was just stupid. You had to correct every corner and when you corrected, all it did was slide.
Very similar by memory to a Mclaren in the looks.

This car (Falcon) has the potential, but it's twitchy'ness is unappealing. Hence the bad lap times.
May have to drive it like a Formula Ford to get it through the corners? (light on the pedal)
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2010, 08:43 AM   #123
Meg's GT's
1 is good but 2 is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
Assuming they have the money for it.....
Jose will definitely be back, whether it's with the XR6T or not is the question.
Meg's GT's is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2010, 09:46 AM   #124
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanrz
Awesome bit of gear.
Though reminds me of a Top Gear Ep where I think either Hammond or Clarkson (pretty sure it was Hammond) tested a car out on their STIG race track. It had so much power (and even power to weight ratio), it was just so twitchy and slide'y that it was pointless as a sports car. It was ok in the looks, but so much oversteer was just stupid. You had to correct every corner and when you corrected, all it did was slide.
Very similar by memory to a Mclaren in the looks.

This car (Falcon) has the potential, but it's twitchy'ness is unappealing. Hence the bad lap times.
May have to drive it like a Formula Ford to get it through the corners? (light on the pedal)
Konigsegg.

If they could get the Aero sorted out they could probably get a fair bit faster I'm assuming. Remember that the Aero on the V8 supercars is limited in order to keep both makes roughly even.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post