Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #91
4MYEGO

Default Re: Are "classic" car prices sustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC View Post
There are many who try and cash in on the new breed muscle, that's good if your cashed to do that,but most aren't
Ive got a post a bit back , looking into new car costings ....
New loose near 50 % in 3,4 years ,that's on the buy cost , no interest charges ,which can be lets say 10 large over the loan
You've got the ridiculous cost of parts,theres no guarantee new will be trouble free for your ownership
So be against the oldies, which usually hold their money,you keep believing new is the answer

As for the Sydney seller Vs internet sales, maybe we leave that for another time ???
Hey Guys,

In the last year I have hit forty own both my BA falcons Xr6 sedan,XR8 ute and seriously thought about trading the ute in on a new GS supercharged.

But I thought to myself I now have the ute the way I want it with Brembos, all bolt ons, custom tuned, diff ratio change 3.7.etc etc.

The GS if I brought it new would for me still need Intake, exhaust,custom tune and there is still the fact that they don't come with big brakes.

Sure the Fg GS would be a lot quicker but would it really satisfy what I wanted?

So in November last year I brought a very straight already worked ZC fairlane.

The lane is fully registered and I love driving it.

Nothing like a worked 351 with a big cam and exhaust.

This thing turns more heads that a great looking blonde wearing a thong at the beach, well maybe not quite but other owners of Classic's will know what I mean.

Maybe it's not a classic but to me I love the lines and the look of the car, it rides very well and is a great cruiser.

I didn't buy the car to make money and resell it, I BROUGHT it because it's what I wanted. It's a T code compliance so it runs virtually XW GT running gear, and if something fails it's not that expensive to replace.

I will fully restore it one day but at the moment I'm enjoying driving it.

Cars of this era have a certain smell. I think its a mix of interior, exhaust and raw fuel.

There is nothing like sitting at the lights shaking and watching everyone looking for where that sound is coming from.

Regards
Chris.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/attachm...1&d=1369123463
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1904.jpg (157.3 KB, 136 views)
MY 17 XLT Ranger. Giddy up!
4MYEGO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #92
dmat2391
the average bloke

when you see something like that.....well the heart melts and the mrs gets jealous, gorgeous car 4MYEGO. It's the engineering of the time and then the care of the owners that always inspire me and earn my deep appreciation. Saw a AU III XR8 in complete mint condition and it made me a little envious and wondering if my fg mkII XR6T will look as good after the same period of time has passed.
Well I'm trying my best at the moment because that motor in years to come will be my "Cleveland" so to speak.
dmat2391 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #93
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID_BA View Post
I wish I hadn't seen it but I did...

Seriously a Xb coupe used as a shopping cart parked in the woollies car park. An old lady chucked her shopping in the trunk and slammed it shut. I'll go back next Sunday and leave them a note. $1500 take it or leave it.. She might think I'm the sucker.

I also know of a xy falcon sitting in someone's front yard gathering dust. I think it's a 302, again reasonable original condition. Do we need photos?

I'll leave him $1500 as well take it or leave it. They might be glad to move the old tank along.
She may not sell you the car, but she may give you her disabled parking sticker in the window. You obviously need it more than her.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #94
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok guys, back on topic please.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2013, 12:01 AM   #95
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4MYEGO View Post
Hey Guys,

In the last year I have hit forty own both my BA falcons Xr6 sedan,XR8 ute and seriously thought about trading the ute in on a new GS supercharged.

But I thought to myself I now have the ute the way I want it with Brembos, all bolt ons, custom tuned, diff ratio change 3.7.etc etc.

The GS if I brought it new would for me still need Intake, exhaust,custom tune and there is still the fact that they don't come with big brakes.

Sure the Fg GS would be a lot quicker but would it really satisfy what I wanted?

So in November last year I brought a very straight already worked ZC fairlane.

The lane is fully registered and I love driving it.

Nothing like a worked 351 with a big cam and exhaust.

This thing turns more heads that a great looking blonde wearing a thong at the beach, well maybe not quite but other owners of Classic's will know what I mean.

Maybe it's not a classic but to me I love the lines and the look of the car, it rides very well and is a great cruiser.

I didn't buy the car to make money and resell it, I BROUGHT it because it's what I wanted. It's a T code compliance so it runs virtually XW GT running gear, and if something fails it's not that expensive to replace.

I will fully restore it one day but at the moment I'm enjoying driving it.

Cars of this era have a certain smell. I think its a mix of interior, exhaust and raw fuel.

There is nothing like sitting at the lights shaking and watching everyone looking for where that sound is coming from.

Regards
Chris.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/attachm...1&d=1369123463
chris it is a classic and also a wolf in sheeps clothing. you are on the money when u say its an xw gt in a different body. good work!
zoesgift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2013, 01:10 AM   #96
Super Roo 1970
Windsor=Screamer

That Fairlane above is a classic for sure, and a darn nice looking old girl to boot.
Super Roo 1970 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #97
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4MYEGO View Post

You'd make plenty if you could bottle that smell.
I'm always keen to get my window back up after cruising to try and hold as much of it in as possible

Its buzzy for sure, makes sitting at red lights more tolerable!
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post: