Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-04-2014, 07:00 PM   #691
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Malaysian Airways Flight 370

Diego Garcia? Oh come on.

One look at Google Earth shows why everyone from the Chinese to Russia to anyone else with a satellite would be keeping a close eye on the place.

There's a couple of lines of good old B52's and several refuelling planes, probably KC-135's. Very open, nowhere to hide a plane of any great size.

As with the people who believe in the moon landing as a hoax, the massive fault in their logic is that the opposition to the USA would love to be able to embarrass them in a huge way if they had even a shred of credible evidence to prove their crackpot theories....
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2014, 07:00 PM   #692
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

If you dissect the Diego Garcia theory you get...

About 4,000 people on a landmass of only 27square Kms.
Keep a skeleton staff of, say, 100
3900 of them have the weekend off when the plane goes missing.

That's a lot of people to move fast without anyone knowing about it.
Are 3900 people just going to say 'Cool we all get some days off at the same time with pay?" and not wonder why.

And the Brits and the US (joint occupants) are not known for sharing secrets, and I cant see 3900 others, military and civilian, not telling someone.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:12 PM   #693
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The impression I got from the last press conference is that they know where it is and are just waiting for a visual, then probably tell all the families first, or have them fly to Perth. Judging from Angus Houston`s demeanour anyway.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2014, 07:53 PM   #694
chamb0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
With the amount of at best, overt incompetence displayed, such scenarios become plausible...
Consider the old adage: never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence... Cockup before conspiracy.

Which of the scenarios is more plausible and why? Can you think of a piece of evidence that would make you change your mind?

Yes conspiracies exist but the trick is to know which ones might reasonably be true. It's no good barking at the clouds. When lots of things start stacking up against the theory one after another you should listen because it's telling you something.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:59 PM   #695
MDS69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
Could the foilers be right? Could the plane have landed in Diego Garcia? Could decoy beacons and black boxes been tossed into the ocean to keep the cluey folk in the search teams off the real trail?
Problem with that theory is what happens when the decoy items are found then the search authorities go"hmmm some one is hiding something". If they can be turned off then all you do is toss them in the corner and walk away, no need to set up decoys.
MDS69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-04-2014, 11:37 AM   #696
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post

Are 3900 people just going to say 'Cool we all get some days off at the same time with pay?" and not wonder why.

And the Brits and the US (joint occupants) are not known for sharing secrets, and I cant see 3900 others, military and civilian, not telling someone.
And that's 3900 people who, when they return, are going to notice a plane and a whole pile of people that the world has been searching for over a period of a month or more...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #697
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
And that's 3900 people who, when they return, are going to notice a plane and a whole pile of people that the world has been searching for over a period of a month or more...
Perhaps they'll give them extended leave
Old 10-04-2014, 01:29 PM   #698
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Any confirmation on the location of the beacon signals?

Todays news on MH370 is a bit light on.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #699
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post

Every version of the Diego Garcia conspiracy theory (from the supposed US drone captured by the Taliban in Afghanistan, sold to the Chinese through the Malaysian's and hence on MH370 where the Yanks got a hold of it and flew the aircraft to DG, through to the ability for the CIA to take remote control of any aircraft in the world through systems patented by Boeing and Raytheon and installed in this particular B777 and this is what happened to MH370 after which it was flown to DG) has more holes in it than a Donut King display case.

I think there are going to be a lot of unhappy conspiracy theorists once the truth of what happened to the ill-fated MH370 comes out. And it will come out.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2014, 02:12 PM   #700
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

The graphic in this story is amazing. It makes you realise exactly what those guys out there looking for these black boxes are dealing with.....

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/pag...e-problem/931/

Craig H

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2014, 02:13 PM   #701
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Until there is rock hard evidence and not some fabricated illogical BS story we are forced to swallow, then the speculation from some will continue.

So far, there has been reports of this, pings of that, hundreds of floating debris which all have not related to the flight yet, and to this day STILL nothing. I realize that if the plane did sink in tact it will take many months to retrieve. But until something visual has been reported to confirm it's at the bottom of the ocean, speculation will still be rife.

People will continue to speculate up to the finding of the plane and well after a 'report' has been done to satisfy the FAA as well as the public to some extent. That is something anti-conspiracy theorists will need to accept and get over. It will never end.

We are imperfect humans, and taking another imperfect humans 'word for it' in this day and age is very difficult for most to accept. Especially those who have lost loved ones on this flight.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2014, 04:04 PM   #702
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
The graphic in this story is amazing. It makes you realise exactly what those guys out there looking for these black boxes are dealing with.....

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/pag...e-problem/931/

Craig H
Sydney's Telegraph had the same graphic in today's paper, except they used the Syd Tower and an Aussie submarine.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:41 PM   #703
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
We are imperfect humans
Speak for yourself, Shav.

Seriously though, I understand what you are saying. As an engineer and as a son of technical tradesperson, I'm almost convinced that I am predisposed to look at everything in a logical, matter-of-fact kind of way. Therefore, the conspiracy theories are hard for me to swallow. And (here comes the logical part of me again ) history would suggest that, as far as these types of incidents go, I'm probably right.

Having said that, I've mellowed a little bit in my old(er) age and where I would not have even considered 'alternate' theories in the past at least now I can recognise that they are at least possible.

But as much as I, as a 'non-alternate' thinker, am asked to at least consider the 'alternate' possibilities, then I think it is only fair that the 'alternate' thinkers also consider the 'non-alternate' possibilities as well.

Perhaps one of Sherlock Holmes' famous quotes is quite pertinent here: when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?

Craig H

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 10-04-2014, 04:47 PM   #704
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Its good you keep an open mind Craig. ;)

Totally understand where you coming from mate.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2014, 11:02 AM   #705
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post

Perhaps one of Sherlock Holmes' famous quotes is quite pertinent here: when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?

Craig H
I subscribe to Occam's razor, stating that among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected. Other, more complicated solutions may ultimately prove correct, but—in the absence of certainty—the fewer assumptions that are made, the better.

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2014, 01:41 PM   #706
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My theory -

Zaharie was yer man.

Why?

1. Marriage failure with wife

2. He was a big follower of the PKR who were all for change in corrupt Malaysia, Ibrahim (PKR leader) got done for another dodgy sodomy case on that Friday.

3. Phone call he got 2 mins before flight was from him mistress telling him she's dumping him, she was a hostie on the same flight hence she can't come forward to identify herself**.

4. Tied in with #2 above, he wanted to create an international incident to bring the spotligh on Malaysia to expose it.

5. Tied in with #3 above, he decided if I can't have her, nobody can so take them both out.

How?

1. Co-pilot visits toilet, cockpit door locked, Capitan take plane up to 45,000 feet which knocks everyone out down the back.

2. Chooses the most inhospitable place on earth within the planes range, turns off all comms and turns the autpoilot on, knowing full well the CVR only holds the last 2 hours of cockpit conversation and the FDR will only tell us pretty much what we will have already worked out IF it was retrieved.

3. Drifts off to sleep so nice and peaceful.

If it can't conclusively be proved he committed suicide, he keeps the all important 'face' and insurance pays out.

Toungue I cheek here, but it is plausible

** Anyone know if given a call date/time and phone number, can the telco's determine the approx. location of a phone call by the phone tower(s) used?
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2014, 02:14 PM   #707
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Reports coming in that black box has been found.... here's hoping.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #708
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the human intervention here covered all tracks but one, the availability of Inmarsat being able to calculate a projected flight path using the Doppler effect. They knew Boeing could tune an engine from the other side of the globe, but not track a ghost plane once the Transponder and ACARS were turned off, out of radar range, then ditching. Some say it was never meant to be found.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2014, 04:22 PM   #709
cram_it_frog
wombat

MH370 black box 'located'

Updated: 15:17, Friday April 11, 2014

Australian authorities are confident they know the location of the black box from missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, Prime Minister Tony Abbott says.
The prime minister said Australian authorities had significantly narrowed down the search area.
'It's been very much narrowed down because we've now had a series of detections, some for quite a long period of time,' he told reporters in Beijing on Friday.
'Nevertheless, we're getting to the stage where the signal from what we are very confident is the black box is starting to fade.
'We are hoping to get as much information as we can before the signal finally expires.'
Mr Abbott said he would not go into further details until he had briefed Chinese President Xi Jinping personally.
The breakthrough comes more than a month after the flight carrying 239 passengers went down in mysterious circumstances.
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #710
cram_it_frog
wombat

I said this before but again i want to say this

They have so far been the unsung heroes in the search for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.
But now the dozens of State Emergency Service (SES) volunteers who have spent almost 1700 hours in the air scouring the Indian Ocean for any sign of the missing Boeing 777 are being recognised.
More than 75 SES volunteers have completed 176 shifts over two weeks, flying from Perth in civil aircraft to the ever-narrowing search zone, about 2280 kilometres northwest of the West Australian capital.
They have come from units across the metropolitan area, as well as the Goldfields-Midlands and Pilbara regions, providing invaluable support to the multi-nation defence force effort.

If you have a mate or friend who is the SES give them a pat on the back buy them a beer or soft drink and say thanks

even now hundreds of SES are getting ready for another cyclone time and time again these wonderfull people get out there and help those in need time to say thank you
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #711
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

I for one won't be convinced until they actually find the plane or wreckage, not pings or doppler BS.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2014, 07:45 PM   #712
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

I love it.

After searching a quarter of the globe the all important pings are detected a week before the batteries die.
There are numerous accounts of its detection so it must be right.

And then the battery dies.....
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2014, 12:51 AM   #713
ray38l

it definitely does seem made for a Hollywood movie. all we need now is a hero to come along and save the day somehow
ray38l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #714
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Read a day or 2 ago that the Malay government withheld data that showed the plane was nowhere near the assumed search area while several governments were pouring millions into their search efforts...

I know it has already been mentioned that the lawyers on behalf of the passengers are preparing a case together but if the above is true it will be the respective governments that were searching for nothing calculating their wasted expenses and sending in their lawyers...

Messy is an understatement...

Still no news??

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2014, 01:05 PM   #715
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
My theory -

Zaharie was yer man.

How?

1. Co-pilot visits toilet, cockpit door locked, Capitan take plane up to 45,000 feet which knocks everyone out down the back.

Toungue I cheek here, but it is plausible

** Anyone know if given a call date/time and phone number, can the telco's determine the approx. location of a phone call by the phone tower(s) used?
Could be close actually. Just read an articles that states the co-pilot had turned off his phone when on the plane, but then turned it on and tried to make a phone call during the flight.

I'm sure they can determine where the call was made and the time. The above article states that the call was made while flying low over land and connecting to a tower.

Remember when we had paper bills showing phone records. Didn't It used to say the suburb or general location the call was made from???? Haven't seen a paper bill in more than 10 years.....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2014, 10:49 AM   #716
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

www.marinetraffic.com

Cool website...

Pity it doesn't show where the boomers are lurking !

Last edited by cheap; 14-04-2014 at 10:56 AM.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2014, 10:57 AM   #717
iCat
doof doof doof doof

i use that websit a lot. It's interesting to see the amount of fishing, cargo and commercial shipping vessels in the area of the search. Lucky then when MH370 came down it didn't plow a path through them all ......
Old 14-04-2014, 01:25 PM   #718
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Could be close actually. Just read an articles that states the co-pilot had turned off his phone when on the plane, but then turned it on and tried to make a phone call during the flight.

I'm sure they can determine where the call was made and the time. The above article states that the call was made while flying low over land and connecting to a tower.

Remember when we had paper bills showing phone records. Didn't It used to say the suburb or general location the call was made from???? Haven't seen a paper bill in more than 10 years.....
Thats what I was thinking mate. Malaysia are now saying that Zahrie phone call 2 mins before departure is not confirmed and is also playing down the co-pilots phone call over Penang.

Could well be that the co-pilot was able to turn his mobile phone back on, a phone>tower 'ping' was made as the aircraft flew low over Penang and he attempted to make a call but due to the speed/height of the plane, the towers couldn't keep up.

Aircraft have portable oxygen tanks throughout the cabin so it's posisble the co-pilot went for one of these in a bid to remain conscious and try making contact with the ground.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2014, 02:54 PM   #719
Bent8
Long live the GT !

The plane never crashed... it was taken over either remotely or by someone on-board.

Have a listen to this if you hate reading..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaBFN6Rifmk

There are reports of it landing at Diego Garcia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpxN1tlqDeg

And then there’s this rather suspicious sighting.
http://www.bollyn.com/are-the-israel...e-missing-777/

And if you do like to read, have a look here...
https://2012thebigpicture.wordpress....emiconductors/

Of course, you have every right to continue watching the nightly news for the latest so-called updates with dodgy titles like, “Black Box Located” but then they say they haven’t actually found anything yet!! (they must be raking in the ratings with this BS story)

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #720
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent8 View Post
The plane never crashed... it was taken over either remotely or by someone on-board. ......................

................Of course, you have every right to continue watching the nightly news for the latest so-called updates with dodgy titles like, “Black Box Located” but then they say they haven’t actually found anything yet!! (they must be raking in the ratings with this BS story)
Cool, so all the countries searching really had to do was watch these (and other) youtube vids and the mystery would be solved.