Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-07-2005, 11:16 PM   #31
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I realise that. If the fault is my own I wear the consequences, if someone else wipes me out I still pay for it and it isn't of my doing.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2005, 11:18 PM   #32
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

But you still end up broken !

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2005, 11:18 PM   #33
oldracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
I dont think Philip Island is $20 to race i have been to track days you have been to as well they have also been fun but when 10 new dunnydores roll up and no new GT s it a little one sided ,but this is taking the gloss of a fantastic weekend.Also to the cost of a cams lic does this go onto the tenth of that cost ypu were talking about ?????
Well, as you know you get at least 5, 20 minute sesions on the Sat, that's approx 50 laps and 5 sprints if not more on Sun for $95 a day, seems great value to me and the cams licence is spread over the 12 months isn't it, not much per outing if you get to meetings as we have and I would really rather have the insurance than not have it, but these points aside, and you were there, was there suppose to be a get together of the Gm and Ford boys, if there was not an organised showdown, what's his beef?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2005, 11:19 PM   #34
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

obviously, but it was my doing, I am responsible for my actions .. not for someone elses
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2005, 11:25 PM   #35
oldracer

Quote:
I dont think Philip Island is $20 to race i have been to track days you have been to as well they have also been fun but when 10 new dunnydores roll up and no new GT s it a little one sided ,but this is taking the gloss of a fantastic weekend.Also to the cost of a cams lic does this go onto the tenth of that cost ypu were talking about ?????
I missed this one, but with regards to taking the gloss off the weekend, the promoter has already done that by coming out in print and bagging a section of the market which was my point in the first place, again, was it an organised showdown? If not, he is that far out of line he should publicly apologise to that segment of the market that he popped off about!!!
Old 14-07-2005, 11:28 PM   #36
GRNKPR

As i said he is very passionate i think it was to get a few new gt s there next year different people different ideas on how ,prob not the way i would but its his event.Also they ran it at q/land raceway last year and when he went to rebook he was told management was going to run one themselves typicall small guy loses out again.So he ran it a Warwick (morgan park raceway) which is a little like winton and a fantastic venue(better if it wasnt 1500 ks away ) He also did have insurance.there was meant to be cars from both camps but only the commos turned up .The other event q/land raceway was on the same day as his so i understand a little of spite in it

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
Old 14-07-2005, 11:34 PM   #37
GRNKPR

one article that might have been at the wrong time
also read Unique cars article issue 249 pg100 103
Street Machine Fords issue 4 pg 96 101
or has this been blown out of preportion the media can get over keen sometimes

Old 14-07-2005, 11:37 PM   #38
oldracer

GRNKPR, I take my hat off to you for taking the trip and I'm sure you had a ball but if the guy, as you said is trying to stir up the Ford boys to get there next year by having a dig at them then he is going about it the hugely wrong way and again, if I was a Ford GT owner I would certainly not patronise his event next year cause he reckons they are crap, his words, let him have a Holden/HSV/ Chev benefit and they can have the GM Nationals there at the same time. Everyone else that doesn't drive a Monaro etc can go to the "other" event.
Old 14-07-2005, 11:39 PM   #39
GRNKPR

the other died in the ****

Old 14-07-2005, 11:50 PM   #40
GRNKPR

I must pull back here and and say i went off half ed as i hadnt read muscle mail i will say one thing great event F**ked letter lucky he hasnt got a gun as he might well have shot the foot

Old 14-07-2005, 11:51 PM   #41
oldracer

The concept of the weekend is great, his PR is crap and time will tell whether he was quoted correctly or not by the media, we will find out.
Old 14-07-2005, 11:56 PM   #42
oldracer

You don't have to pull back, not having a go at you and mate, I wish I was there and had the great time you had, I am really ****ed he made such a huge deal out of it in print, our sport doesn't need that s..t to be successful, he should market his product better to get the cars he wants there, not bag them when they don't turn up cause he hasn't done his job, and like I said, he aint doin it for nothin!!
Old 15-07-2005, 12:09 AM   #43
GRNKPR

_ :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_
Quote:
I must pull back here and and say i went off half ed as i hadnt read muscle mail i will say one thing great event F**ked letter lucky he hasnt got a gun as he might well have shot the foot

NOT A GOOD WAY AT ALL MAYBE IT WILL BITE HIM ON THE ****

Anyway lets race :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_ :ecl

Old 15-07-2005, 02:08 AM   #44
EXECJIM

Wink

Quote:
i have been to track days you have been to as well they have also been fun but when 10 new dunnydores roll up and no new GT s it a little one sided ,
Whats wrong with dunnydores :
Old 15-07-2005, 02:12 AM   #45
GRNKPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXECJIM
Whats wrong with dunnydores :

Nothing jimbo it keeps half wits out of fords :

Old 15-07-2005, 02:22 AM   #46
rodderz

I think he got you there Jim

Time to trade in the SS, buy an old barge and chuck a clevo in it, you know you want to, it'll go well with your other barges
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2005, 02:28 AM   #47
EXECJIM

Wink

Quote:
Nothing jimbo it keeps half wits out of fords :
Im safe then :
Old 15-07-2005, 03:01 AM   #48
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

I cannot believe some of the crap on this thread.....Most meets at a circuit is sanctioned or non sanctioned, or are governed by simple rules, enforced by the organisers, purely for saftey reasons. In certain cams sanctioned events, passing is unrestricted, in any form given the rules. In an Unsactioned event...passing is only restricted on the main straight ONLY...no overtaking on corners. Even on the straight, clear indication of overtaking is usually reserved with flashing of highbeam, and acknowlegment by the lead driver following hand signal = Safe To Pass & Aware. All circuit race practise or general circuit meets at eastern creek for EG, enforce these rules, with very strict scrutineering....break it and your off.....Even on private days reserved for a group bookings..the same rules applies for everyone & strictly scrutineered by the event host, as well as track officials. Also, drivers experienced & inexperienced, undertake a major lecture on the rules before taking to the circuit everytime. I have been to some great circuit days at eastern creek...to many to count...never seen an incident..apart from the odd off, on a corner from poor judgement of the usual double apex at the creek..but a collision is so rare...you would have better odds at a shopping complex of having a collision.....than a track day. Still...my own personnel view....if i had of been their in whatever car...i would have taken the oppotunity, and had as much fun as i could.

Cheers...
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2005, 08:34 AM   #49
GRNKPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7
I cannot believe some of the crap on this thread.....Most meets at a circuit is sanctioned or non sanctioned, or are governed by simple rules, enforced by the organisers, purely for saftey reasons. In certain cams sanctioned events, passing is unrestricted, in any form given the rules. In an Unsactioned event...passing is only restricted on the main straight ONLY...no overtaking on corners. Even on the straight, clear indication of overtaking is usually reserved with flashing of highbeam, and acknowlegment by the lead driver following hand signal = Safe To Pass & Aware. All circuit race practise or general circuit meets at eastern creek for EG, enforce these rules, with very strict scrutineering....break it and your off.....Even on private days reserved for a group bookings..the same rules applies for everyone & strictly scrutineered by the event host, as well as track officials. Also, drivers experienced & inexperienced, undertake a major lecture on the rules before taking to the circuit everytime. I have been to some great circuit days at eastern creek...to many to count...never seen an incident..apart from the odd off, on a corner from poor judgement of the usual double apex at the creek..but a collision is so rare...you would have better odds at a shopping complex of having a collision.....than a track day. Still...my own personnel view....if i had of been their in whatever car...i would have taken the oppotunity, and had as much fun as i could.

Cheers...

will we see you there next year?

Old 15-07-2005, 09:52 PM   #50
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Arr yes, there are the guys that do these day in the cars & have a great time in a safe & controlled way,.
Then there are the wimps, that sit at home telling everyone how great there car is, but never get it out of the shed, because there to busy polishing the badge..
I read the story & agree with the writer, wimps may be a bit harsh, but if the shoe fits.

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2005, 01:56 AM   #51
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
will we see you there next year?

Bloody oath.....if i get an invite, i'll be thier......If i still have my car that is.... Track days are awesome & are really great fun....the best part is...their is nothing to worry about, go at you own limit, and just have fun. Obey the rules, show courtesy towards others, and drive within your ability......it's not a race..it's about yourself and having fun in your pride and joy..legally.

Cheers...
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Old 16-07-2005, 02:27 AM   #52
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler
Arr yes, there are the guys that do these day in the cars & have a great time in a safe & controlled way,.
Then there are the wimps, that sit at home telling everyone how great there car is, but never get it out of the shed, because there to busy polishing the badge..
I read the story & agree with the writer, wimps may be a bit harsh, but if the shoe fits.

Wear it....

I personally think the comments were a little harsh.....if he advertised a muscle car day on this very forum...as well as LS1... a personal invite between to major adversaries ,then all the die hards would come out of the woodwork very quickly...i believe his comments are a little biased toward the BA Fraternity & i personally don't believe they deserve it. I personally think the T3 is better than the BA-GT on circuit tracks..My view only..But....their are plenty of guys here i believe would take up any challenge be it T3 or BA owners & stick it to the Holden mob. Personally thier are guys here ( myself included ) that fight over which is the best from time to time...but by god....we'd all go hand in hand in humilating the other if it serves the Badge that we all love. Bring it on.......baby.......!!

Cheers.

Last edited by Firefox7; 16-07-2005 at 02:45 AM.
Old 16-07-2005, 10:22 AM   #53
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler
i recently went to the GTC of A forum and there is a thread there about how often people drive their cars. some of the replies were mind boggling : wimps sounds appropriate
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2005, 06:36 PM   #54
Dominator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak351
i recently went to the GTC of A forum and there is a thread there about how often people drive their cars. some of the replies were mind boggling : wimps sounds appropriate

What was so mind boggling?
Dominator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2005, 06:42 PM   #55
fatxagt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have had my XA GT out in the wet heaps today. So much fun taking mates sideways in 3rd gear on the redline! Me and my GT aint no wimps!!!
fatxagt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2005, 06:54 PM   #56
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominator
What was so mind boggling?
1/2 an hour on a sunday, not for the last 9 years, maybe once a month, not since last april etc.

what a waste.
Old 16-07-2005, 06:57 PM   #57
Dominator
Banned

Quote:
1/2 an hour on a sunday, not for the last 9 years, maybe once a month, not since last april etc.

what a waste.
Why?

Im sure they don't see it as a waste, surely they can own a second or third car to enjoy at their discression? Weather that's daily , weekly, monthly or occassionally does it matter?
As long as they're having fun, enjoying and looking after a mighty Ford isn't that all that matters????
Old 17-07-2005, 11:22 AM   #58
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominator
Why?

Im sure they don't see it as a waste, surely they can own a second or third car to enjoy at their discression? Weather that's daily , weekly, monthly or occassionally does it matter?
As long as they're having fun, enjoying and looking after a mighty Ford isn't that all that matters????
sleep: sleep: sleep:
Old 17-07-2005, 11:43 AM   #59
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldracer
by Paul McCamley Promoter of Muscle Car shootout .... Just got my latest copy of Aus Muscle Car mag and what a caning this guy has given Falcon Gt owners of Qld (I assume) and also Ford itself for producing an inferior car to the Monaro and he says he is a 20 year member of the Falcon GT owners club!! An unbelievable read and statement from someone that should know the real facts rather than just "pop off" He's obviously really p...ed at the GT guys for not having a go but is over the top
This is a very small minority.Track days are great but i would rather go out and cruz with a few good mates.If i want to race my cars on a daily basis i would go out and build a real race car.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2005, 12:01 PM   #60
Dominator
Banned

Quote:
sleep: sleep: sleep:
? are you for real?