Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #31
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: VFacts Jan 2012 Falcon 950 sales!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
FGII deliveries started just before Christmas.

It did, but Camry was smashed in sales too, 900 odd like Falcon.
Er, no, Camry sold 1290 for the month, and was in 13th place. Falcon was in 23rd place!
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #32
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Aurion sold 58 more than the Falcon - so add the Camry and Aurion sales togther and you get to circa 2200 cars for the platform. That's a lot of Chinese and Indians buying new cars in Jan !
Spammy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #33
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Oh FFS...

The local heroes never do well in January because of plant shutdowns and everything else that goes on over Xmas/NYE. Add 1500 hail damaged cars to the mix, which couldn't be shipped to dealers for delivery (VFacts is based on new vehicle registrations) and it was always going to be a disastrous month.

But, of course, the sky is falling...
Are you blind? Or just choose to see the world through rose coloured glasses?

It is clear that January is always the slowest month for sales. But this January is poor compared with past January performances.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #34
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
Are you blind? Or just choose to see the world through rose coloured glasses?

It is clear that January is always the slowest month for sales. But this January is poor compared with past January performances.
except for dealer stock, Ford had basically nothing to sell in January, compare that to 12 months ago
when they had around 3,000 unsold XR6s, that was a lot of invested money sitting in the paddock.

Looking at Brodmeadows aerial shot from this time last year, the grass was full of Fords
but this year, there's barely a quarter of fifth of the cars there. I'm hearing that Ford is
rattling along at higher rates o try and get replacement cars out, hope demand increases
so they can maintain that level...

Last edited by jpd80; 03-02-2012 at 09:02 PM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #35
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davez621
Er, no, Camry sold 1290 for the month, and was in 13th place. Falcon was in 23rd place!
Ok, must have misread the numbers, but either way that is a very poor month for Camry as well, they usually do well over 2000 a month, but none of the locals sell much in Jan.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #36
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Most of those Camry's would have been dealer demo's inline with the new model launch
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #37
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Camry's domestic sales isn't the real problem for Toyota, , the A$$ has fallen out of their exports......
Old 03-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #38
Archilino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

MKII XR6 hail damaged sales have started, Westpoint Ford has them at $32,999 d/a fully repaired with 18'wheels reverse camera & full colour touchscreen. Never driven.
There was a full page add today's Hun. they may not be doing much on tv but there are always full page adds in the biggest selling newspaper from Ford.
Archilino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #39
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archilino
MKII XR6 hail damaged sales have started, Westpoint Ford has them at $32,999 d/a fully repaired with 18'wheels reverse camera & full colour touchscreen. Never driven.
There was a full page add today's Hun. they may not be doing much on tv but there are always full page adds in the biggest selling newspaper from Ford.
If that doesn't get sales going, nothing will. I wonder if Ford has insurance for hail damage?
If not, I'm surprised they don't have some sort of protection for products sitting in the open...
Old 04-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #40
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
except for dealer stock, Ford had basically nothing to sell in January, compare that to 12 months ago
when they had around 3,000 unsold XR6s, that was a lot of invested money sitting in the paddock.

Looking at Brodmeadows aerial shot from this time last year, the grass was full of Fords
but this year, there's barely a quarter of fifth of the cars there. I'm hearing that Ford is
rattling along at higher rates o try and get replacement cars out, hope demand increases
We are all hopeing Feb and Mar will be strong months.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 12:12 AM   #41
robbo/region15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80

Most stock was moved to Proving grounds,keep it out of weather latter half of 2011.As you know we supply Broady,FPV aswell,We realy need things to pick up Quickly right across the board,its looking like early 90's all over again.......
robbo/region15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 04:49 AM   #42
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Ford were offering customers who had ordered new Falcons that were hail damaged a $500 discount to take them, wow.

Local car industry not looking good at all, bring back tariffs.

Local car industry: Bring out the screens and the vet with a shotgun.

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #43
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo/region15
Most stock was moved to Proving grounds,keep it out of weather latter half of 2011.As you know we supply Broady,FPV aswell,We realy need things to pick up Quickly right across the board,its looking like early 90's all over again.......
I feel for you in supply, right/wrong decisions by Ford have a compounding effect
that reverberates all the way through the supplier chain, I hope FG II is as big
of a success as SZ terry was in lifting sales and transaction prices, hopefully EcoLPI
and Ecoboost are going to cover both ends of the fleet market as well as giving
Ford that new found clean and green image with private buyers...
Old 04-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #44
BHDOGS
Banned

I'm not really worried bout those sales the markets are declining everyone knows its almost like people have to own a car in the top 3 or that's popular to justify there choice I'd own a ford if it only sold 20 a year coz that's where my heart is
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #45
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS
I'm not really worried bout those sales the markets are declining everyone knows its almost like people have to own a car in the top 3 or that's popular to justify there choice I'd own a ford if it only sold 20 a year coz that's where my heart is
on a "good month" Falcon sells about 1800 sedans and of that, 75% go to fleet users,
That's around 1350 vehicles which leaves 450 buyers, 150 of which are FPV buyers,
That leaves around 300 retail buyers a month... Falcon retail customers are that scarce....

So when we talk about Falcon retail buyers, we're addressing at best, 450 people a month...
On average, that's two cars a month per dealership, the other six are fleet purchases.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #46
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A lot of Falcon supporters are probably only able to spend 15k-25k on a car and purchase second hand.
At 37k for an ECO LPI Falcon one could buy 2 new Fiesta sedans which would do the job in an urban environment.
Ford need to build a car here in the 25k sell bracket otherwise I think that car making here will just keep declining. If Ford cant make a 25k car here at a competitive cost perhaps its time for an all import strategy.
I believe that price point is where your average buyer is at.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #47
GT014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino
A lot of Falcon supporters are probably only able to spend 15k-25k on a car and purchase second hand.
At 37k for an ECO LPI Falcon one could buy 2 new Fiesta sedans which would do the job in an urban environment.
Ford need to build a car here in the 25k sell bracket otherwise I think that car making here will just keep declining. If Ford cant make a 25k car here at a competitive cost perhaps its time for an all import strategy.
Think u really hit the nail on the head. I wonder how much profit ford make on a standard XT . They should try and sell volume with less profit to build the base sales again, then gradually increase price
GT014 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #48
MelsGolf
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino

When was the last time the base model Falcon was $25k?
Whats the average income now compared to then?
MelsGolf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #49
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelsGolf

I don't think the suggestion was a Falcon at $25k, it was "a car"...

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #50
Nic85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelsGolf

As above, a car - not Falcon.

The average wage theory is busted anyhow. I believe the average Australian individuals income is around $65k, but the people making that sort of money are not buying Mazda 3's, they're buying Mercedes and BMW's. The people earning $30k-$40k are buying Mazda 3's, which leaves Falcon/Commodore in the middle with basically no private buyers as the respective companies have priced themselves entirely out of the market.
Nic85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #51
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic85

The average wage theory is busted anyhow. I believe the average Australian individuals income is around $65k, but the people making that sort of money are not buying Mazda 3's, they're buying Mercedes and BMW's. The people earning $30k-$40k are buying Mazda 3's, which leaves Falcon/Commodore in the middle with basically no private buyers as the respective companies have priced themselves entirely out of the market.
What planet are you one??? I own more than the 65K you say about & there is NO way I can afford a Mercedes or BMW. No way in Hell!!! People on that sort of money are buying Mazda 3.. People on 30K-40K are just not buying new cars. A new car on that sort of money is the last thing they are think of doing. A roof over the head & food are far more important!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #52
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
What planet are you one??? I own more than the 65K you say about & there is NO way I can afford a Mercedes or BMW. No way in Hell!!! People on that sort of money are buying Mazda 3.. People on 30K-40K are just not buying new cars. A new car on that sort of money is the last thing they are think of doing. A roof over the head & food are far more important!!
Someone on $65k might not be able to afford to buy a C, but what about leasing? I don't know the prices here but in the US you can lease a C for $349 a month ($4188 a year).
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #53
MelsGolf
Banned

Quote:
Someone on $65k might not be able to afford to buy a C, but what about leasing? I don't know the prices here but in the US you can lease a C for $349 a month ($4188 a year).
A poverty spec C200 on 4 year 40% residual will probably cost about $1100 a month in repayents.
MelsGolf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #54
Nic85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A lot of the younger buying crowd now are making big money with the mining boom, usually earning $100K+ annually, hence FPV and HSV numbers are still strong. But, it also goes some way to explaining why Merc C class and BMW 3 series do so well too I would imagine?
Nic85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #55
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic85

In Sydney someone on $30k to $40K prob drives a 15 year old magna or similar. The person on $65 might have a VT or AU if they are good at managing their money.

A $45k Territory is $1000 per month on a 4 year lease...someone on $50k (who prob has kids) is unlikey to pay $1000 per month on lease payments (unless they are stupid).
Spammy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #56
olds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Oh FFS...

The local heroes never do well in January because of plant shutdowns and everything else that goes on over Xmas/NYE. Add 1500 hail damaged cars to the mix, which couldn't be shipped to dealers for delivery (VFacts is based on new vehicle registrations) and it was always going to be a disastrous month.

But, of course, the sky is falling...
Just reading this
GM Holden
3 February 2012
www.holden.com

Holden has enjoyed a strong January sales result, with positive performances across a range of local and imported passenger and SUV models.

According to official VFACTS figures released today by the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries, Holden sales increased 8.1 per cent compared to January 2011 – well ahead of the market at 4.3 per cent – with the company selling a total of 9061 vehicles for 11.8 per cent market share.

The South Australian-built Cruze small car led Holden sales for the first time, with 2,445 sales for the month and 13.1 per cent share of the small car segment.

Cruze was closely followed by Commodore, which sold 2170 units in January for 49.7 per cent of the large car segment.

Holden’s seven-seat Captiva 7 kicked off 2012 as the second best-selling large SUV with 997 units and 13.8 per cent segment share. Its Captiva 5 stablemate also put in a strong performance with 662 units sold.

In only its third month of sales, the new-generation Barina Hatch contributed to an outstanding Barina result of 1,318 units and a healthy 13.8 per cent share of the competitive light car segment.

Holden Director of Sales Philip Brook said although January was traditionally a quieter month, recently-introduced models like the Series II Captiva, Barina and Cruze Hatch were proving hot property.

“Holden’s product renaissance is really picking up pace and key models are notching up very pleasing performances in their respective segments,” he said.

“We’ve got more exciting and diverse products in the pipeline, beginning with a new Barina sedan, which goes on sale this month. The sedan will add a new element of flexibility and choice to our Barina line-up, which is already a strong performer for Holden.

“As we speak, Holden experts are putting the finishing touches on the all-new Colorado light truck, and we expect it to be a serious challenger in the Australian light commercial market.

“And we’ve got a fantastic story to tell about our new mono-fuel LPG Commodore, which will offer customers large car practicality and reduced running costs, as we roll out the new LPG model line-up in the coming weeks.

“Our focus remains on building and selling the cars Australians want to buy and with a raft of new models due in the coming months, we’re looking forward to an exciting year ahead.”
olds is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2012, 12:16 AM   #57
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Just don't mention Commodore sales were down 20%. Holden spin at its best.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:00 AM   #58
1TUFFUTE
Banned

what i cant for the life of me understand is how they can sell somany busted old peices of crap new colorados when the ranger is near 2 generations ahead. Things like price and brand loyalty just dont cut those numbers for me......UNBELIEVABLE
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2012, 01:18 AM   #59
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Ranger had had stock supply issues since the Thai floods hasn't it?
Old 05-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #60
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Looking at the new adds on TV with Ford plugging the new Focus and Fiesta with the slogan "Small is here" , I'd say that is where they see the future, not with the Falcon.............