Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-02-2022, 09:43 PM   #31
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Vfacts january 2022

What are peoples thoughts on the new Outlander?

I quite like the look, the front styling seems to suit the proportions of it compared to the ASX.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2022, 10:06 PM   #32
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
The old not made here syndrome strikes again.
^^^^ This will be the downfall of GM In My Opinion..
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2022, 01:04 PM   #33
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post

I quite like the look, the front styling seems to suit the proportions of it compared to the ASX.
I think it's the best looking model in their range. I had a Pajero Sport hire car in QLD during recent post Xmas trip and closed my eyes as I walked up to it everytime...just cannot see how the rear end design ever got off the sketch pad and the front just makes me ask...."but why?"...

Your thoughts that Mitsui's current design styling best matches with the Outlander's proportions probably sums it up perfectly...interior is very nice as well although I'm only going off photos where I saw the white trim interior which is great....although I couldn't live with 135kW power...

Last edited by Dr Smith; 07-02-2022 at 01:10 PM.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-02-2022, 02:57 PM   #34
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute83 View Post
I struggle to believe the sold numbers are so high. My BOL and I went looking for new medium to large SUV a couple of weeks back and there was no stock amongst the majors at all. No stock of vw's until november, not even cars. Can't buy something for love or money. He finally got an everest today in Melbourne.

That's because most stock is sold in advance. Ive got 4 cars on order and all of them are 2 - 12 month wait time. None of them will get to see a dealer lot as such.

The days of walking into a showroom and driving home in a week are long gone and most in the industry suggest that it won't change moving forward.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-02-2022, 02:59 PM   #35
vbomber

Quote:

I watched this review on it and it didn't do very well at all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zakxy_BnWE
vbomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-02-2022, 03:09 PM   #36
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Or is all this because of governments printing money left right and center trying to deal with the pandemic and our dollar just buys less?

That and manufacturers taking advantage of the situation. Australia is such a small player in the world market, something like 1.5% of the worlds new vehicles are sold in Aus and manufacturers are now of the opinion, pay it or leave it. I bought my Mrs a Rav 4 back in August last year and still do not have a build date for it, furthermore I've had to agree to pay the extra $1,600 over the MY21 to keep my order or forfeit it. In the old days you would laugh at this kind of behavior but unfortunately supply vs demand lets dealers and manufacturers rule the roost.

Also while we don't have true "lemon laws" in Australia the ACCC have also scrutinized the industry somewhat in the last few years with the ACL. Manufacturers are under immense pressure now to keep a clean nose here and the cost of doing so is pretty high, one of the major factors in GM ceasing business here (aside from their lack of RHD manufacturing). I know Ford spends a lot of money trying to satisfy customers with buy back / replacements that once upon a time they would never have done.
Old 08-02-2022, 06:59 AM   #37
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
That and manufacturers taking advantage of the situation. Australia is such a small player in the world market, something like 1.5% of the worlds new vehicles are sold in Aus and manufacturers are now of the opinion, pay it or leave it. I bought my Mrs a Rav 4 back in August last year and still do not have a build date for it, furthermore I've had to agree to pay the extra $1,600 over the MY21 to keep my order or forfeit it. In the old days you would laugh at this kind of behavior but unfortunately supply vs demand lets dealers and manufacturers rule the roost.

Also while we don't have true "lemon laws" in Australia the ACCC have also scrutinized the industry somewhat in the last few years with the ACL. Manufacturers are under immense pressure now to keep a clean nose here and the cost of doing so is pretty high, one of the major factors in GM ceasing business here (aside from their lack of RHD manufacturing). I know Ford spends a lot of money trying to satisfy customers with buy back / replacements that once upon a time they would never have done.
One of our family members ordered a RAV Hybrid last April,still has no build date.He has cancelled the contract,& is going to purchase a i30.It really is a ridiculous state of affairs.
Old 08-02-2022, 11:14 AM   #38
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackney View Post
One of our family members ordered a RAV Hybrid last April,still has no build date.He has cancelled the contract,& is going to purchase a i30.It really is a ridiculous state of affairs.

Yes I was told I'd have it in 6 months... But still no build date... The part that makes me more angry is the fact that they released 2 new models and you can literally walk into a dealership and get them.
Old 08-02-2022, 11:20 AM   #39
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Yes I was told I'd have it in 6 months... But still no build date... The part that makes me more angry is the fact that they released 2 new models and you can literally walk into a dealership and get them.
He was initially told Sept 2021!It is getting beyond a joke, he had enough.Took the i30 for a test drive,& loved it.Sold!
Old 10-02-2022, 12:47 PM   #40
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Also look at the new Kia sportage , I think it looks great
bigwil is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2022, 01:56 PM   #41
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:

Would have got one if in diesel.

I had the previous one. Bloody brilliant.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2022, 03:34 PM   #42
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwil View Post
I’ve had a few long drives in later models, much bigger than I remembered.
A very nicely laid out functional interior, first car that actually paired with my phone with ease…
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2022, 04:17 PM   #43
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Have iphone every single car with apple play links up easy as, turn ignition its reading to pair your mobile straight away and asks.

Only time I drive Mitsu's is hire cars.
Wouldn't bother buying one mind you.

hackney, just matter of interest, that person wanting a RAV cancels that I understand due to wait jumps into a i30 - purely due to availability I guess ?
SUV intent to a hatch or sedan big diff, got a couple of i30 company cars, modern day Laser you could say without offending some.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2022, 06:45 PM   #44
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwil View Post
When I first saw the pictures I wondered if it was a joke or a bad cgi, but after seeing them out and about I actually really like them.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post