Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-05-2009, 03:54 PM   #31
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_190
I highly doubt that Ford will go down the sole engine route for the Terriotory, Marin Burela was quoted recently saying that the Territory's main competitors sell 50/50 petrol and diesel, That says to me that they want a piece of that pie, dropping the petrol engine would nullify the purpose of introducing a diesel, that purpose being that they think they can dramatically increase Territory sales with a diesel in the lineup.
I agree. Although what Paxton is saying is, at this moment in time a major redo of the front end is required. It means the choice between having one, or the other. Would they consider having two V6s (petrol and diesel) to avoid a diesel only prospect? And what Paxton is saying isn't merely speculation, either.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:02 PM   #32
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
in 2010 we are most likely to see a FG mkII...with the typical added feature and improved engines.
Agreed. Its 2009 if you didn't notice, a completely new model is too far away.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2009, 05:28 PM   #33
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think it just shows how uninspired alot of people are with the current models . Seeing that the new line up was just so recently introduced.
Ive still only seen one fpv on the road an still not alot of fg's either now i think about it.
But i have heard they are testing a 8sp auto appartently working well but snapping diffs with the amount of torque generated with them. I have know idea if the plan to use them though.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #34
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You will not see any mules on the road due to......

1. Sheetmetal changes do not require testing outside the proving grounds.

2. Most mechanical changes will be tuning, different cat converters etc

3. If we do get diesel Terry, then all the testing was done years ago before Gorman canned it. And if the rumors are correct, then there has been diesel terry's on the roads for a few years now........
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2009, 08:49 PM   #35
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No idea about new V8 but would be exciting if Falcon did get the 5.0, I would almost imagine that it fit's in the territory engine bay??????
Old 03-05-2009, 02:23 AM   #36
JutroXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It will be good if they can get injected LPG systems....Same performance and similar fuel usage for half the cost.

FGX XR8, Auto, Black.

WG Fiesta ST Manual, Black.
JutroXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2009, 02:29 AM   #37
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

I would assume that for Euro 4 a mixer system wont comply. Also with the upward trend on LPG sales that it will be welcomed into the market.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:22 AM   #38
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy84
I think it just shows how uninspired alot of people are with the current models . Seeing that the new line up was just so recently.
Its only internet speculation...

Personally , i think that a Fg II would be due around that last quater of 2011, with a major facelift/change in 2013-14.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2009, 10:54 AM   #39
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy84
I think it just shows how uninspired alot of people are with the current models . Seeing that the new line up was just so recently introduced.
I too think it's too early to speculate about the Falcon, but by all means the Territory is open game. If there really is aggressive sheet metal changes dialed in for mid 2010, then the design has certainly been signed off by now. I would imagine we will see substantial cosmetic changes, diesel option and the FG dash setup. I would love to see liquid injection gas for terry, but it seems to have been put in the too hard basket.......
Old 03-05-2009, 01:09 PM   #40
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
I too think it's too early to speculate about the Falcon, but by all means the Territory is open game.
Agreed, FG changes will be more about EURO 4 engine compliance. We won't see a series change until GMH updates the VE.

With this in mind does anyone know what updates they've got on the cards which Ford will need to match?
R-Design is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2009, 01:13 PM   #41
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss315
Agreed, FG changes will be more about EURO 4 engine compliance. We won't see a series change until GMH updates the VE.

With this in mind does anyone know what updates they've got on the cards which Ford will need to match?

http://www.caradvice.com.au/11456/20...commodore-cgi/
Old 03-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #42
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
I'm guessing that report was before the world knew about GM's financial plight. Now that they’re cash strapped, I wonder what’s been taken off the update list.

Either way, if that's all they've got up there sleeve I don't think we'll be seeing an FG update for a while.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #43
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Yeah that's the only thing I know off.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #44
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

Over at LS1 Forum they're talking up Direct Injection for the V6. This was dependent on exports, so I wonder if this week Pontiac decision will have an impact.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #45
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

The Territory discussion made me think of this article. The answer on the Diesel Vs Petrol debate may be closer than we anticipate.

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...2575A10011F745
Old 03-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #46
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Guys as I said...the changes to the FG should be mainly mechanical. There might be some minor cosmetic changes but the biggest changes will be under the skin. Think BA to BF - not a huge change overall but lots of little changes to make the car better (build quality, reliability, NVH etc). THAT is where I think the 2010 Falcon will end up.

As for being a 'new' model, well who knows.

EDIT: and as for DI for the Commodore, now that the G8 has been canned I don't think it will get the gong. I reckon they might just implement the 195 Alloypoo across the range and the 5 speed auto.
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2009, 10:02 PM   #47
500SEC

Volve diesel for the Territory?
http://www.caradvice.com.au/23674/fo...in-full-swing/
500SEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2009, 10:08 PM   #48
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500SEC
Nup. Land Rover TDV6.

The Land Rover Diesel already mates to the 6 Speed Auto, and is set up for Rear Wheel Drive applications. The Volvo Diesel is a Transverse mounted engine, for FWD/AWD applications. The Volvo engine has never heard of, or met a ZF Gear Box.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2009, 11:17 PM   #49
Trendseeker

I received the attached survey from Ford last week, and they seem to be very interested in owners' views on LPG. I'm putting all my (free speculation) money on the LPG square for the new Territory. If Diesel prices go back to what they were (20% to 25% higher than petrol) it starts to look a very unattractive option.
Trendseeker is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #50
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Hmm that's interesting. Pushing the whole 'rear wheel drive' question in there too.

That little picture of the Ranger in the questionnaire - is this model currently on the market here??
Old 04-05-2009, 01:17 AM   #51
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Hmm that's interesting. Pushing the whole 'rear wheel drive' question in there too.
Ford said they were going to see if RWD is really important to drivers.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:25 AM   #52
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:

That little picture of the Ranger in the questionnaire - is this model currently on the market here??
Yes that ranger is on sale currently. It is the 'wildtrack' top of the line version i believe. Check the Ford website. I saw one of the 'new rangers' at the local dealer yesterday, so they are getting out there now.

The RWD question is perfectly fair for Ford to ask at this stage. I like the option 'i don't know enough about drivetrains to ahve an opinion'.....i bet teh majority of respondants pick that. What's a drivetrain.....I think people need to stop the worrying over the RWD issues, the final call is a way off yet and a betting man say EVEN IF respondants come back saying they dont' mind a FWD falcon, its still 50/50 for falcon at the very least staying RWD because it is now (so just redevelop the platform again, like they've always done) or the GRWD/Mustang situation will go ahead.

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2009, 09:03 AM   #53
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

Yes and when I sent mine back. There was no support for FWD or AWD. AWD opens the door to transverse engines and the begging of the end.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:52 AM   #54
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
You won't see 2010 Territory mules since there isn't any substantial changes in the styling.
not quite... you will be very surprised. ;)

oh and for others talking about code names, there's been a change in how they deal with this...
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2009, 11:36 AM   #55
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

What, no more code names? Just "MY10" or some such?
Old 04-05-2009, 12:32 PM   #56
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
What, no more code names? Just "MY10" or some such?
yep, basically.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:27 PM   #57
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i have a question: Will the inline six see application on C1 and Ranger platforms? that would be killer.
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2009, 03:50 PM   #58
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXV
i have a question: Will the inline six see application on C1 and Ranger platforms? that would be killer.
very, very doubtful.

I would love to see some real innovation here, but I can't see it when the $$$ savings will come from the use of common global powertrains etc.

Something will be done though for them to get a slice of the Green Car fund money. But you can thank Toyota and their Hybrid plan for really screwing that up and making it so much harder to access those funds. But Ford are investigating technologies and their implementation in an attempt to get legitimate access to some of that Gov. grant money.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #59
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

If the implemented a decent new-generation LPG system then that surely could win them a slice of the cash. They've introduced a 'tri-fuel' Mondeo in Europe, that runs on either petrol, ethanol or LPG. Could be a goer for the Falcon too?

Back to speculating, I'm itching to know more about the Coyote V8. It's going to be here in 12 months and we don't know anything! Apart from being a 5.0L and being all alloy.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:45 PM   #60
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Surely if Ford introduce liquid injection then that qualifies as a green car? Due to the low emissions?