Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 08-05-2006, 05:58 PM   #31
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Last fill up 61 lt, 280 KM travelled. Every Km was suburban driving, stop start crap.
Christ that works out to over 21 lt per 100............ @ 1.49 per lt, that's not cheap transport. But it sounds unreal and goes like a goodn !

I have NFI how people are achieving 11 lt per 100 km in their V8............ do they have a seized right ankle / knee joint, or maybe no right foot at all ?????????

Short of shutting down a couple of pots, turning her into a V6, I have at best in the burbs achieved 14.6lt per 100 over a tank of juice.
go talk to coyote..... he seems to be "knowledgeable" about such frugal usage of fuel. http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=47375
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 07:45 PM   #32
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

I really am envious off the economy you guys get, and thats why i had a look at the thread.

I realise my post was / is off topic, but thought my consumption might simply confirm to you guys that you really have made a wise choice with regard to running costs.....

Leaves $$$$ for more fun stuff, rather than buying fuel.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 09:06 PM   #33
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
Teki was yours manual or auto?

Fiesta has a 45L tank yeah?
Mine was Manual.

I do ALOT of stop and start driving though. More then possibly anyone on here.

And yes, 45L tank. I filled up 44L today in the Clio - $63.30 is crazy for a small hatch!

But yea, the Fiesta was very economical on the highway... not so much in stopping and starting though. Either way, the Fiesta is comparable to other hatches. I had a loan 1.6L Clio, and it was averaging 10.3L/100kms! And it was soooooooooo crap. The Fiesta was superior in every regard... handling, quality, engine, steering and solidness.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 09:45 PM   #34
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Way to go Tex. They're great little cars, not fast in a straight line, but you certainly don't have to slow down much in the corners. The way petrol is going, they'll surely start selling more of them.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:06 PM   #35
Cougs
Starter Motor

this is week one of driving my 05 fiesta zetec manual. filled up 35L (50 bucks on premium), looks like it's going to hit 550 before the red light comes on
Cougs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 01:02 AM   #36
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Xeroed the tripmeter when I filled up yesterday on the way to work, distance to empty said 530km. Changes it's mind every time you start the car, so leaving work today it said 534km with 65km on the trip. Looking like getting 600km out of a tank until sitting in rush hour traffic put a 20km deficit in the combined total. Might still make it if I don't go for a blast around some back roads, as you do.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:32 AM   #37
Peej

I probably get about 650 to a tank, havent actually fully filled it till the pump clicks yet and distance to empty when i start the car is still at about 650km.
Peej is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 09:16 PM   #38
crispymk2

The first couple of tanks wernt too flash, about 400- 480k but the last tank has been crazy, thought there might be something wrong with my gauge cause was 120km before moving off full and got 650 out of the tank... driving like a granny (cause i crashed it 2 weeks ago, they are solid little units too btw, pics later)

My cortina on the other hand averages 16-18L per 100km...
Old 18-05-2006, 12:13 AM   #39
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Yes but that Cortina looks like a hoot. I love 60s sports cars! Surely it'd be worth it, if only not for a daily driver.