Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-06-2005, 02:01 PM   #31
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I love messing with them! The old "Sorry, we don't have a phone" always works wonders.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2005, 03:06 PM   #32
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had one recently regarding my mobile phone. Wanted to change a few things. The saleman was from Crazy John's and wasn't listening. I wanted an option and a new phone anyway but I wouldn't give that guy the sale. I told them to ring me back tomorrow. Which they did. A nice polite lady rang and sealed the deal. I'd rather give the sale to someone polite than someone strugling to a)speak english b) pushing like if you don't take this deal the world will end. He just won't take no for an answer. He even started harassing me via email. Boy I was glad when his knock off time arrived ;)

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2005, 07:01 PM   #33
red_october
Go on, be a monkey....

I have 2 mobiles registered under my name, and I get calls once a week to tell me I'm the lucky one chosen to have their $5 discount.

What they don't tell you till later is that the discount only applies if I switch my landline to them, which I refuse to, cos I have my ADSL, landline calls bundled.

Quite frankly, I don't know why phone companies bother with these kinds of tactics. If I want to change phone companies I'll know what to do, so bugger off, thank you.
red_october is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2005, 10:06 PM   #34
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Phone companies are dodgy. We had to return a broken item to fone zone (toombul) but they didnt want it back. The warranty there was 6 months but everywhere else 12 months (was with my dad) and he just said thats crap. The guy working there was real rude so we left. When leaving the shopping centre the guy went to get lunch walked passed my dad and said 'd**k head'. Dad went back abused him tried to fight him and the indian guy tried to brake them up. It was a wimpy guy to and I just said to him 'them fighting words' but he called security and the security guys just laughed and we left. Damn phone companies back out of everything lol.
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post