Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 18-09-2020, 01:51 PM   #1
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
Check the line at the end of that article; the people responsible were "severely punished" The Chinese govt don't mess around, the woman responsible for the contaminated baby formula issue years ago was also "severely punished" by a bullet in the head.
You are not wrong. 15 years for dealing fake masks.

https://amp.scmp.com/coronavirus/gre...-gets-15-years

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 18-09-2020, 09:21 PM   #2
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
Check the line at the end of that article; the people responsible were "severely punished" The Chinese govt don't mess around, the woman responsible for the contaminated baby formula issue years ago was also "severely punished" by a bullet in the head.
Nah bullets are so old school and messy, they invested in these, organ harvesting vans, making a killing.
http://www.chinauncensored.tv/execution-vans/
Old 18-09-2020, 09:44 PM   #3
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Chuckle time.

German soccer team thrashed 37-0 after socially distancing from opponent
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...18-p55wss.html

German amateur side SG Ripdorf/Molzen II sacrificed a tight defence for social distancing as they fielded only seven players as a coronavirus precaution in a 37-0 loss to local rivals SV Holdenstedt II.

The preparations for Sunday's match in Lower Saxony's 3. Kreisklasse – the 11th tier of German football – were complicated when it emerged that Holdenstedt players had been in contact with an opponent infected with COVID-19 in a previous match.

Ripdorf did not feel the conditions were safe and only fielded seven players.

While all members of the Holdenstedt squad later tested negative for the virus, Ripdorf, from Uelzen in Lower Saxony, did not feel the conditions were safe and were able to field only seven players - the minimum number required for a match.

"We are thankful those seven players volunteered, otherwise the club would have faced a €200 ($325) fine for abandoning the match," Ripdorf co-chair Patrick Ristow told ESPN. "That's a lot of money for us, especially amid the pandemic."

Holdenstedt showed no mercy and scored a goal nearly every two minutes, while their opponents watched on from a safe distance.

"When the game kicked off, one of our players passed the ball to the opponent and our team walked to the sidelines," Ristow said.

"The Holdenstedt players did not understand. But we did not want to risk anything. For the rest of the match, our players returned to the field but they only stood on the pitch."

The match result has since created a stir on social media but Ristow said Ripdorf only focused on what was best for the wellbeing of all the players on the pitch.

"There is no perfect solution for it. And we went down this route," he added. "We wished Holdenstedt no harm."
Old 18-09-2020, 09:57 PM   #4
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Nah bullets are so old school and messy, they invested in these, organ harvesting vans, making a killing.
http://www.chinauncensored.tv/execution-vans/
Those vans may be used for executions but they don't look like they could be used for organ harvesting. That would more likely be done in the hospital where the recipient was waiting.
A few years ago I was with a friend when the doctors turned off her sons life support. He was only 21 so was considered an ideal donor. I learned more about the process than I wanted so no, that's not how it's done.
Old 18-09-2020, 01:04 PM   #5
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

34 new cases for Australia and 8 deaths so the CMR rises to 3.103% while active cases drop to 2,189. NSW recorded 5 cases, Queensland & WA 1 each and the balance were in Victoria. The Victorian State 14 day moving average is now 50.79 with metro at 42.7 (73 unknown) and regional at 2.3 no unknown cases.

7 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.382% and active cases fall to 77.

The UK had 3,395 new cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore those figures.

Just over 40k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,137 deaths sees CMR remain at 2.949% and active cases drop to 36.7% with the raw numbers dropping again. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global deaths pass 950k with the last 50k taking 9 days;
The USA completes 95M and India 60M tests;
Asia passes 9M cases;
Europe records a new daily high for cases with 53,685;

Denmark (453), Netherlands (1,753), Czechia (3,123 - 50% greater than the high yesterday, Morocco (2,488), Ukraine (3,584) and Spain (11,291) all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

This user likes this post:
Old 18-09-2020, 05:04 PM   #6
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

QLD open to ACT next Friday, timed with school holidays. Pretty much the same conditions as SA.
Old 18-09-2020, 06:07 PM   #7
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
QLD open to ACT next Friday, timed with school holidays. Pretty much the same conditions as SA.
A cynic might point out that opening the border from ACT to Qld also allows a bunch of Canberra based federal politicians to fly-in and help bail out Palachook in the upcoming state election.

But don't ya know its all about health and safety
2 users like this post:
Old 18-09-2020, 06:22 PM   #8
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
A cynic might point out that opening the border from ACT to Qld also allows a bunch of Canberra based federal politicians to fly-in and help bail out Palachook in the upcoming state election.

But don't ya know its all about health and safety
Sure if Albo and Scomo want to stay here for two weeks then they can fly up

I'd say it is more about tourist $$$. They probably would have made a killing in winter. It's getting warmer here now so I'd say plenty will start going down the coast again.

Don't think any Canberra pollies are going to help anyone in QLD anyway and given we have an election here, it would not be wise to be flying up there
Old 18-09-2020, 08:03 PM   #9
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WOW....the pontiff has spoken. How does one join these secret societies?!

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/de...a20df31cc7666b
2 users like this post:
Old 18-09-2020, 08:41 PM   #10
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post

What a flog While we import a lot of good stuff from Merica, it was inevitable we import this sort of **** too.
Old 19-09-2020, 09:20 AM   #11
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post

No need to, you're already one of their "subjects".
Old 18-09-2020, 06:06 PM   #12
HIPO
Al

Its looking like cognitive dissonance, is a bigger problem than China flu here.
Old 19-09-2020, 11:14 AM   #13
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

48 new cases for Australia and 5 deaths so the CMR rises to 3.116% while active cases drop to 2,169. NSW recorded 5 cases, Queensland & WA 1 each and the balance were in Victoria. The Victorian State 14 day moving average is now 48.21 with metro at 39.3 (64 unknown) and regional at 1.9 and no unknown cases.

0 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.382% and active cases fall to 70.

The UK had 4,322 new cases yesterday - the highest daily total since May 8th. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore those figures.

Just over 46k new cases in the USA yesterday and 879 deaths sees CMR drop to 2.941% and active cases drop to 36.6% with the raw numbers rising again. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
The USA completes 96M, India 61M, Russia 42M, the UK 21M, South Africa and Iraq 2M tests;
Italy recorded their highest case numbers since early May;
Europe records a new daily high for cases with 51,074 after the total yesterday was amended downward;

Denmark (454), Moldova (665), Lebanon (750), Hungary (941), Costa Rica (1,556), Netherlands (1,974), Nepal (2,020) and Morocco (2,760) all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2020, 09:40 PM   #14
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

I only drop in here now and then.

Can someone give me a summary of what is happening?

I could let my fingers do the walking but they have cake icing on them because today is my birthday and I already have enough cake crumbs on my device.

The fat gutted dog, Miss Penny, is waiting for my fingers to stray near her mouth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
6 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2020, 10:59 PM   #15
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
...Can someone give me a summary of what is happening?...
No! DYOR!!
5 users like this post:
Old 20-09-2020, 12:05 AM   #16
hayseed

Quote:
today is my birthday and I already have enough cake crumbs on my device.

How Many Birthday a Year do you have Cav....???

Seems like you had one a few Months ago
Old 20-09-2020, 03:57 PM   #17
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I only drop in here now and then.

Can someone give me a summary of what is happening?

I could let my fingers do the walking but they have cake icing on them because today is my birthday and I already have enough cake crumbs on my device.

The fat gutted dog, Miss Penny, is waiting for my fingers to stray near her mouth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Someone ate a bat and the world has melted down, including the forums
Old 20-09-2020, 12:24 PM   #18
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

24 new cases for Australia and 7 deaths so the CMR rises to 3.139% while active cases drop to 2,169. NSW recorded 3 cases with the balance were in Victoria. The Victorian State 14 day moving average is now 44.29 with metro at 36.2 (52 unknown) and regional at 1.8 and no unknown cases. The Victorian weekly total of 254 cases is 31% down on last week and there were also 14 less deaths.

2 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.380% and active cases fall to 67.

The UK had 4,422 new cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore those figures.

Just over 50k new cases in the USA yesterday and 954 deaths sees CMR drop to 2.934% and active cases remain at 36.6% with the raw numbers rising again. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases reached a new daily high of 315,101;
The USA completes 97M, India 62M, Brazil 15M, Saudi Arabia 6M and Chile 3M tests;

Denmark (589), Moldova (688), Lebanon (779), Poland (1,002) and Indonesia (4,168) all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 20-09-2020, 02:19 PM   #19
CJR09
RPO 77

talking with in laws in Wales this morn and sounds like everyone is well fed up - talk of harsher restrictions to be put in place but public resentment is building - they are in their 70s (of good health) but suggest the mortality rate doesn't warrant the extent of restriction - the way this thing is going we may not get to see them for a year or two yet

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

Old 20-09-2020, 04:57 PM   #20
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJR09 View Post
talking with in laws in Wales this morn and sounds like everyone is well fed up - talk of harsher restrictions to be put in place but public resentment is building - they are in their 70s (of good health) but suggest the mortality rate doesn't warrant the extent of restriction - the way this thing is going we may not get to see them for a year or two yet
If it was just about the mortality rate from Covid 19 your in-laws might have a point.

The over loading of the health/hospital system is a huge concern if the number of infections get out of control.

Then it will not just be mortalities from Covid 19, it will be people dieing of curable conditions because there are not enough beds/health professionals to look after them.
Old 20-09-2020, 07:43 PM   #21
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
If it was just about the mortality rate from Covid 19 your in-laws might have a point.

The over loading of the health/hospital system is a huge concern if the number of infections get out of control.

Then it will not just be mortalities from Covid 19, it will be people dieing of curable conditions because there are not enough beds/health professionals to look after them.
Spot on.
Incredibly some still consider that all the health professionals are either lying or being conned and that the 'real truth' lies on the Internet and that they have found it.
Old 20-09-2020, 09:35 PM   #22
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
Spot on.
Incredibly some still consider that all the health professionals are either lying or being conned and that the 'real truth' lies on the Internet and that they have found it.
Here's another example. More morons gathered at Chadstone Shopping Centre today in VIC. All with their phones and video camera's out recording, so they can rush back home and post it on Facebook.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...e-ddb52f7d0f6f
Old 20-09-2020, 02:37 PM   #23
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think they want restrictions because the World is up to 31 Million cases, 1 Million deaths and still accelerating.... and that's just the ones we know about.
Old 20-09-2020, 02:42 PM   #24
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

UK fines a bit heavier than ours !

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-54221953
Old 20-09-2020, 10:33 PM   #25
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Russ, if possible could you do some graphs and fancy jazz that youve been doing, but for aus states? Maybe overlayed over the first wave?
If not, all good.

Also, in general, how can qld and nsw be getting such low cases? In my mind, by the time the infected person isolates (or not) its been spread to so many others. The 1 or 2 a day doesnt make sense to me.
Am I the only one thinking that metro vic restrictions make people unwilling to get tested, as the numbers will increase, and if they increase too much the restrictions wont ease?
Old 21-09-2020, 11:11 AM   #26
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91 View Post
Hey Russ, if possible could you do some graphs and fancy jazz that youve been doing, but for aus states? Maybe overlayed over the first wave?
If not, all good.

Also, in general, how can qld and nsw be getting such low cases? In my mind, by the time the infected person isolates (or not) its been spread to so many others. The 1 or 2 a day doesnt make sense to me.
Am I the only one thinking that metro vic restrictions make people unwilling to get tested, as the numbers will increase, and if they increase too much the restrictions wont ease?

I've prepared two sets of data for the States - one since the pandemic began and one for the last 30 days. Because of the big difference in numbers between the States, the charts are divided into NSW/Vic and 'the rest'.

.. and the polynomial trends; 5th order for all except NSW/Vic which are 3rd order:

Observatio Facta Rotae

5 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2020, 01:17 PM   #27
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91 View Post
Latest report (18/09/20) of samples from wastewater treatment plants all around metropolitan Melbourne suggests the COVID-19 infection numbers are much higher than the numbers being reported by Vic DHHS. So I would say you are correct. People are unwilling to get tested to keep the numbers down.

Downside being if there is higher numbers in the community that are not being detected, and when restrictions do ease, it won't be long before VIC is back at square one.
Old 21-09-2020, 02:20 PM   #28
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Latest report (18/09/20) of samples from wastewater treatment plants all around metropolitan Melbourne suggests the COVID-19 infection numbers are much higher than the numbers being reported by Vic DHHS. So I would say you are correct. People are unwilling to get tested to keep the numbers down.

Downside being if there is higher numbers in the community that are not being detected, and when restrictions do ease, it won't be long before VIC is back at square one.
This seems to indicate that it might show up people recently sick.

https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/wastewater-testing-covid-19

Does a positive wastewater test result mean that there is an active case of coronavirus (COVID-19) in a local area?

No. While a positive wastewater test result may be due to a person with coronavirus (COVID-19) being in the early active infectious phase; it could also be because someone is continuing to “shed” the virus after the early infectious period. It can take several weeks for someone to stop shedding the virus. It may also due to a visitor having been in the community.
Old 21-09-2020, 03:15 PM   #29
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post

If people have no symptoms, then why would they get tested? Must be a heap of cases of people who are unaware they have even had it.
Old 21-09-2020, 03:30 PM   #30
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
If people have no symptoms, then why would they get tested? Must be a heap of cases of people who are unaware they have even had it.
Why do people get flu shots when they don’t have the flu????
Closed Thread