Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: What is the verdict? .... Yes or No. Pick 1 of each.
EXTERIOR - YES 172 46.11%
EXTERIOR - NO 189 50.67%
INTERIOR - YES 273 73.19%
INTERIOR - NO 93 24.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 373. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #451
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: VF Holden

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookaradley View Post
Heard Mike Deveraux (Holden CEO) on Melbourne radio this morning. He was asked a direct question... how much will it cost?. His answer along the lines of... Australians need to remember this is the safest, most technologically advanced most effecient car ever produced in this country...

Stay tuned, me thinks plenty!
I guess he's more or less akin to a politician...

As for the VF, I think it's a good pointer to the future of the Falcon. It looks good on the outside, even better on the inside, and has all of the tech. most people could ask for. If it doesn't boost sales numbers on more than an initial basis, then large cars in this country would seem to be an endangered species.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #452
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1 View Post
Exterior imho has a more generic look to it, nothing ground breaking, definitely not my highlight of the package.

The interior has been worked over very nicely, really like some elements, while there are other areas that clash for cohesion, ie door trim. The large swooping curve across the IP gives it a Korean look which I don't think i'm a fan of. Bur overall it is a nice interior.

For Ford fans, 2014 Falcon is vastly different and won't look like a large Daewoo or Opal.
My Sentiments exactly. I don't know about anyone else, but Ford have certainly got me excited about the 2014 Falcon. This will be the best Falcon yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
The BEST thing about the VF is that we now know what the Falcon next year will offer. That's the best thing about being second in the rounds .... just makes sure you have everything available. Lifts the bar for techno overload for those who like pretty lights and buttons. The G6ET is going to be the one to wait for. Its not that far off really!

Just hope that Commodore does well (pains me to say) but it might get some interest back into the big sedans rather than the over indulgence of SUV's. Chrysler vs Ford vs Holden ...... oh those were the days
Yep... Ford will always deliver the better car, but always second.

Throw Nissan(Infiniti) and Hyundai into the fray soon. Maybe even Kia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
Ford people on Ford Forums are actually way more critical to Fords than anything else around. Added the poll to see where the thinking lies and funny that 50% like and do not like. 80% like the interior ....... so what are you saying? Not following
I'm not sure if most of the members here can be even classified Ford fans, but if they can be... then most people who drive Fords love to *****.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:59 PM   #453
Rico 110s
Falcon follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
Interior is a big step up from VE however still not sold on the exterior, but then again when you're driving the car you can't see the exterior anyway.
Funny had friends that once said that about the AU after they bought a VT Commode.
Rico 110s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 11:51 PM   #454
Night

Default Re: VF Teaser Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
Here is a News headline.

"GM set to brand Commodores as Chevrolet in Australia"...
God I hope that one comes true, we might see people start putting Holden badges back on their cars!
Night is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2013, 12:10 AM   #455
Chopped
as in chopped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
Ford people on Ford Forums are actually way more critical to Fords than anything else around. Added the poll to see where the thinking lies and funny that 50% like and do not like. 80% like the interior ....... so what are you saying? Not following
Fair call. I'll pull my head in.

I was unfairly lumping this thread (which reading back through the comments is fairly postive) with all the anti-Aussie car crap comments I have been reading on various auto and news websites lately. The usual "Bogan, Aussie Crap, Fall Apart, Dinosaurs, Cheap Falcadores" tags that BOTH name plates get labelled with.

Not many people respect Aussie cars anymore it seems. I hope the VF and next years Falcon can help both nameplates gain some sorely needed respect.

The VF seems to be a good start.....
Old 12-02-2013, 12:52 AM   #456
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped View Post
Fair call. I'll pull my head in.

I was unfairly lumping this thread (which reading back through the comments is fairly postive) with all the anti-Aussie car crap comments I have been reading on various auto and news websites lately. The usual "Bogan, Aussie Crap, Fall Apart, Dinosaurs, Cheap Falcadores" tags that BOTH name plates get labelled with.

Not many people respect Aussie cars anymore it seems. I hope the VF and next years Falcon can help both nameplates gain some sorely needed respect.

The VF seems to be a good start.....
A lot of Commodore stalwards are on their second and even third VE Commodore,
the VF will attract a lot of Holden buyers back nto the new car market which is great
news for the local industry. It will also make all those second hand VEs a lot cheaper
as the price drops away..

I have a hunch that Holden will want to hold fast with VF Commodore pricing,
that means no sub $40K variants for at least the first six months....

Hmmm, maybe FGII isn't looking so bad = four months until VF arrives,
then VF will have much higher prices, no cheap discounts before Jan 2014?
I think FGII could get some easing of sales pressure during that time,
the hard Yakka will start about this time next year...

Last edited by jpd80; 12-02-2013 at 01:00 AM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2013, 02:03 AM   #457
Fab
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2013, 03:43 AM   #458
1TUFFUTE
Banned

you know what...I think holden have stuffed up a little here. They appear to think tech is where its at with large aussie cars. I honestly think its ECONOMY or cost of living too the car owner.
Holden has only prettied the car up...given it an extremely light weight reduction but more the problem is the crappy inefficient and ANCIENT tech engines they have apparently kept.
That's why I think holden has failed here.
But hey it looks ok inside
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2013, 06:16 AM   #459
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
you know what...I think holden have stuffed up a little here. They appear to think tech is where its at with large aussie cars. I honestly think its ECONOMY or cost of living too the car owner.
Holden has only prettied the car up...given it an extremely light weight reduction but more the problem is the crappy inefficient and ANCIENT tech engines they have apparently kept.
What ancient tech engines? the v6 is ok tech wise.
And the V8, well it could get the new Corvette motor with direct injection and vvt.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #460
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
low tech sidi! had your meds yet?

economy and SUV don't realy go together either, but sale's say otherwise.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #461
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
low tech sidi! had your meds yet?

economy and SUV don't realy go together either, but sale's say otherwise.
What an old Alfa design is high tech?

A turbo diesel prado gets quite good fuel economy so that blows that statement out of the water.

Back on topic for a minute,

I dont think the outside is cohesive. Maybe it will grow on me after a while. I do like the interior though, its the first commodore interior that I have ever liked
Old 12-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #462
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0i_SiX View Post
What an old Alfa design is high tech?
How is the GM SIDI engine an 'old Alfa design?' That's quite funny considering Alfa used GM HFV6 engines in their cars for many years.
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #463
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Low tech? Sigh... This is the problem Aussie cars have, they have to deal with people who have no idea what they are talking about.

For goodness sake, Commodore has better fuel economy than the smaller Accord, Maxima, and Aurion. And hardly any of the 6 cylinder imports have direct injection like the Commodore has.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #464
Stagg
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
Commodore has better fuel economy than the smaller Accord, Maxima, and Aurion. And hardly any of the 6 cylinder imports have direct injection like the Commodore has.
Yeah this is what ****s me with most folks these days, assuming that bigger cars equals worse fuel economy. Just like people assume V8 means petrol guzzler and 4 cylinder turbo driven like its stolen means using less fuel.

Buzzbox driver logic lol
Old 12-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #465
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Sorry to continue with your statement but if that's the case, EcoBoost and EcoLpi would be leading the sales race? Reading the forums it's the trinkets that get everyone excited these days. Not performance or economy. Actually this release has been about the inside buttons and the pretty lights and dials. Havnt really read much on engine output or what economy is expected. It's all about how many cup holders!

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #466
madmelon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab View Post
Is that a chop or has someone broken the sports model embargo?

Either way, it seems far less agressive than the VE sports models.
madmelon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #467
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

What ford and holden need to do is get rid of the "bogan car" attitude people have. All you have to do is see some of the comments on the car websites when the car was released.
Gabbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #468
XWGT