Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-01-2015, 02:09 PM   #4291
emco
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Gday. Brand new to forums, v8's, computers, everything really. Have joined this as will hopefully be picking up later this week a 2 door landau. It's been sitting in a shed next to an xa coupe for years and years and appears to have minimal rust. interior is good to very good. I've not heard it run yet but not terribly worried if it doesn't. The vinyl roof is part torn off exposing a bit of rust, 6'' x 3" hole, where ford welded window panel in. Could anyone tell me where to look re rust and any suggestions at all before I commit to buy? Thanks for any advice. cheers. PS Do I put in a email address on these threads ? Sorry if dumb question but as I say, not that savvy when it comes to computers. Cheers

Last edited by emco; 07-01-2015 at 02:10 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
emco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2015, 03:52 PM   #4292
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by emco View Post
Gday. Brand new to forums, v8's, computers, everything really. Have joined this as will hopefully be picking up later this week a 2 door landau. It's been sitting in a shed next to an xa coupe for years and years and appears to have minimal rust. interior is good to very good. I've not heard it run yet but not terribly worried if it doesn't. The vinyl roof is part torn off exposing a bit of rust, 6'' x 3" hole, where ford welded window panel in. Could anyone tell me where to look re rust and any suggestions at all before I commit to buy? Thanks for any advice. cheers. PS Do I put in a email address on these threads ? Sorry if dumb question but as I say, not that savvy when it comes to computers. Cheers
Welcome to the forums emco.

if you go to the Coupe section in here there is a wealth of info and the members there will be only to happy to answer your questions.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=226

Email address is not necessary in posts as it should be in your user cp that you filled out when you joined.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:55 PM   #4293
giuseppe1900
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

newbie from werribee.
long time owner of ford cars - 1997 EL (195K) and a Ford Territory SY 2007 (145K).
have owned a calais accord and a corolla previously.
giuseppe1900 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2015, 09:41 PM   #4294
pomy65
Starter Motor

Default New member

Newbie from Narrogin
Long time Ford owner.
Owned XB GS for last 32 years.
Currently drive a BF Fairmont Ghia MarkII
Also own EB Falcon for work
Previously owned XAGT Coupe
pomy65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2015, 10:24 PM   #4295
JBXE
Starter Motor

G'day. First car - at 18 - was a beautiful '84 efi XE. Dumbest thing I ever did was swap it for a motorcycle.

On Saturday - 20 years later - I bought my second Falcon; a 2010 FG XT with 43,000 on the dial, for the family. I plan on hanging onto it until it slips through my fingers, and thought signing up here would help me make that happen.

Thanks for having me,
Jo.
JBXE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2015, 11:41 PM   #4296
NormC
Starter Motor

G'day, Had many cars over many years but now my first Ford and first forum Post. 2014 Territory Titanium SZ TDci AWD. "she who must be obeyed" and I plan to get our first caravan so had the heavy duty tow pack fitted. Cheers.
NormC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2015, 12:11 AM   #4297
00 XR6
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hey all just brought a AU xr6 for a family car I owned a XE ute 4.1 5 speed a few years back now sold also have a S3 jaguar with Ford 5.0 efi and AOD conversion which iv owned for around 11 years great car,also really like the AU they are a bit of a under rated car but Ford had really had those 4.0 refined in the EF-AU range. Also did my time as apprentice mechanic at Ford in the 90's
00 XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 03:22 PM   #4298
Diggerdaly45
Starter Motor

Hi all, new to the page and receiving really good help and advice straight away.!
I own a BA XR6T, always have and will be a falcon n ford fella, cheers all,
Diggerdaly45 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2015, 01:42 PM   #4299
Bob Luben
Starter Motor

Hi all Ford lovers. Just Bought a 2003 BA 6cyl Ghia literally owned the proverbial Old Man. Have always loved the BA after having a Futura as a company car. Intend to it give some turbo boost so will be after and ideas.
Old 15-01-2015, 03:11 PM   #4300
John-aus
Starter Motor

Thought I'd drop in, have been scouring the forum for tips and tricks for a while I have a BF XR6T and just recently got a Territory N/A.

Always good to drop in and see whats happening around the traps.

John
John-aus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2015, 05:52 PM   #4301
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Welcome John ...
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2015, 04:07 PM   #4302
Saun Abbott
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone

First post athough been looking at ford forums for a while now.

Live in Hastings New Zealand.

A number of years ago to many to remember had to get a blood transfusion
flushed out all the bad blood and thankfully I have Blue Ford blood running through my veins.

I have owned most models of Ford Falcon Australia from late sixties to mid late eighties and attempted and succeded mostly to replace original motor with a cleveland. 302 or 351 what ever was available to me at the time.

1991 bucked the trend and brought a 1970 Mach 1 from the States. 24 years on car still in my garage 90% complete but never registered. Done very few miles but heaps of skids and a few sets of tyres.

2004 lucky enough to purchase BA XR8 with 4kms. Still drive it today with 144,000 kms. Never opened motor gearbox or diff although odd thing broken here or there. Still beautiful to drive and plenty of go. Put on new big bore exhaust after just 600 kms kept original exhaust which went back on in last 12 months after big bore rusted through at the bend of diff. Went like jack the bear especially holding gears to red line.

Love Cleveland V8's rebuild a number from scratch and still have 4v 4 bolt main 351 sitting on engine stand. XE ute long gone motor and C6 remain.

Owned 74 XBGT and pride and joy at the time 1973 ZF Fairlane ran the above 4V and C6. Thought it was a bird because it could fly.

Fords rule.
Saun Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2015, 08:29 PM   #4303
burnsoil
Starter Motor

G'day Everyone,
I found this forum while looking for info on transplants into F series. I currently drive a 91 F250 with a 351 Windsor EFI, soon to be a 4.2 diesel.
I plan to start a thread showing the progress.

Cheers Roy
burnsoil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2015, 12:31 PM   #4304
Marko_SJ
Starter Motor

Gday gday,

I guess I'll be looking at a run of the mill XG ute this arvo (a bit rough actually but can't complain with the price he's asking - if it all works - ). Its gunna be a cheap run about for when I'm interstate and my brothers to move stuff with living down here in Adelaide.

Because I'm new to Falcons (and Fords too) I'll be searchin the post classic section for things to look for buying an X series ute...

Cheers,

Mark
Marko_SJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2015, 08:34 PM   #4305
Macgoo1
Starter Motor

Hello,
I have had a TF Cortina for 12 years and it has not let me down, I also have an AU ll Futura currently having a gearbox problem which no one appears to be able to diagnose, goes into limp home mode and the speedo goes crazy. I also have a ED 5 speed and Tickford motor, goes well.
Anyone who can help with the AU problem I would appreciate it.
Macgoo
Macgoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2015, 10:17 PM   #4306
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgoo1 View Post
Hello,
I have had a TF Cortina for 12 years and it has not let me down, I also have an AU ll Futura currently having a gearbox problem which no one appears to be able to diagnose, goes into limp home mode and the speedo goes crazy. I also have a ED 5 speed and Tickford motor, goes well.
Anyone who can help with the AU problem I would appreciate it.
Macgoo
HI Macgoo....try the AU section, there's a wealth of info there.
Old 20-01-2015, 10:27 PM   #4307
Julnes
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone,
An amazing site. I've become a ford fan currently in works with an Xh pano thinking of installing an F6 xr6t in it and a nice 2pack paint job
thanks for letting me join
Julnes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2015, 10:43 PM   #4308
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julnes View Post
Hi Everyone,
An amazing site. I've become a ford fan currently in works with an Xh pano thinking of installing an F6 xr6t in it and a nice 2pack paint job
thanks for letting me join
Welcome to the forum Junes.
I had an XH panel van for many happy years. Was a great car with the fuel pump the only failure it had. Not sure how it would handle an F6 heart transplant but good luck with it.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2015, 12:17 AM   #4309
NatMac
Nate Mate

Hey everyone,
I am Nate, from SA, and have seen quite a few pictures from mates off this site, and thought it would be wicked to join and talk to other Ford people!!

I have only just got my first car, a AU falcon, that i am currently doing up
NatMac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2015, 09:00 PM   #4310
Remmy
Starter Motor

GDay ....

Been driving a dunnydoor for the past 5 years and longing for a XR6... Last month the wife rolled the dunny on the way to work after hitting a diesel patch on the road rolling twice and ending on its side, total write-off..

After the struggle that comes with insurance companies we were paid out on an agreed value that gave us enough to jump back into a Ford.

07 BF XR6 on lpg injection and all the good bits that come with the XR6 badges. With just a tad over 160 on the odo it feels like new with full service history and 4 new tyres. Would have to say that it is one of the best falcons I have ever driven with a great seating position far more comfortable than the deceased...

Couldn't be happier Might ask some questions but prefer to "search" first.

Cheers Remmy

PS: wifes ok, but freaks out when going around corners in the wet..

Remmy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-01-2015, 12:36 PM   #4311
AJP
Starter Motor

G'Day, new owner of a BA Fairlane G220 2003 in not so good condition. Will be needing lots of advice to get it to a respectable level. Will give more details as I find the issues. Cheers. Alex.
AJP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-01-2015, 09:32 PM   #4312
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey hey!

Been hanging around the forums for a while now, thought I should introduce myself.

My Corolla got written off in the big hail storm Brisbane had in November. I was originally looking at Fiestas and the like so started checking out the forum.

Well, it was a 2009 G6E that put a smile on my face, and I came home with it the same day.

Love driving it!

I'm already thinking of giving the sound system a tweak that I found on the forums (reversing the polarity on the woofer), and now I'm wondering if my aircon needs a re-gas or is just not that great (seems to be the case), and I definitely feel and hear the bumps in the road, which I'm hoping is just some stiff suspension in the back from towing.

Still, I'm constantly looking for a reason to get behind the wheel, so the niggles aren't bothering me too much. I'll have to take some photos soon!
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-01-2015, 03:06 PM   #4313
asqn3cavregt
Starter Motor

Hi all,my first post here just to intro myself.My logon is asqn3cavregt so you will probably guess I'm ex army,many years ago.Just bought a dedicated gas BF ute which so far seems to be doing the job,just MY runabour and it lets me get rid of mt trailer that seldom gets used,borrowed most often,anyway,I have already learnt a lot from this forum,so all you knowledgable people get ready for some technical questions when I have the authority to ask them.Cheers for now,Albie.
asqn3cavregt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2015, 06:50 PM   #4314
T + M
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormC View Post
G'day, Had many cars over many years but now my first Ford and first forum Post. 2014 Territory Titanium SZ TDci AWD. "she who must be obeyed" and I plan to get our first caravan so had the heavy duty tow pack fitted. Cheers.
Greetings, NormC. 12 months ago we also purchased our SZ 2.7 diesel AWD Auto, although it is a 2012 model which was still on the showroom floor 16 months later! We've done 33K since then, with 21K towing the our 20'van. VERY pleased with the towing, and can highly recommend a McHitch as the coupling system. At the moment I'm looking to upgrade the rear suspension on the Territory as it sits about 40mm down with the van attached. (I don't use level rides) Tows like a dream though. In April we plan on heading across from Qld and then down the WA coast before toddling around the southern coastlines for about 6 months. We've met many Territory owners enjoying the freedom and friendship across our terrific country, and they all love their Ford!
Safe travels, T + M...North Qld.
T + M is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2015, 10:43 AM   #4315
d-g
Starter Motor

Hi I'm d-g and very glad to once again be a Ford owner after many years in the darkness, having just bought a SYII Territory TS. Have previously owned a Mk II Cortina coupe, XP Fairmont, XA wagon, XD sedan, EA S pack sedan, AU sedan, plus a bunch of lesser cars that I won't mention.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d-g small.jpg (56.3 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by d-g; 24-01-2015 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Correct image
d-g is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2015, 10:17 PM   #4316
Lostinspace
Starter Motor

Hello all

I have been looking around for information since getting my ZC Fairlane a few months ago.

I am very impressed with the amount of information I have found here, its like a gold mine. I may have to dig around a bit, do a bit of filtering, but i am sure I will find the treasure i am looking for.

Cheers Alan
Lostinspace is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2015, 10:20 PM   #4317
Alcentralvic
Big Al Central Vic

Hi all,

I've got some great info from this site already and I've been meaning to join for a while. I drive BA ute dedicated gas, 420,000 km, so doesn't owe me much!! It's a beaut and can pull a caravan or trailer, and 3 seater!
Looking forward to being a part of the group:
Alcentralvic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2015, 10:33 PM   #4318
Jamesna
Starter Motor

Hi All,
Currently running a Courier and a V8 Fairlane, have owned Fords from a 1926 T onwards. Always had at least one Ford.
Joined for some LPG info.
Jamesna is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2015, 11:35 PM   #4319
patchwork
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Howdy all Newbies!

Welcome to Fordforums.com.au

: : : : :

This is the place to introduce yourself and your ride, most of all enjoy your stay!

: : :nutsycuck : :
patchwork is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2015, 11:50 PM   #4320
patchwork
Starter Motor

thanks for allowing me to join , I am a beginner on the computer so I do hope that I am worthy of this site , my name is patchwork and I live in south Australia in the north , hoping to be able to get some help regarding a wiring problem that I have with my radio tuner to my cd stacker , I put my car in to have a new radio antenna installed and the mechanic cut the wires from my radio to stacker and I have been unable to get a replacement or have it fixed , the wire is around 10 inches long and has a 9pin on one end and a 8 square pin on the other , please can anyone help me .
patchwork is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post