Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-10-2021, 07:54 PM   #3871
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post

that aside... the bottles do say that they're supposed to be stored in the fridge! ya'll got big bottles of sauce going off in the cupboard.
OK, I've found the 'flaw' in your logic: you assume a bottle of sauce lasts long enough for it to have the chance to go off in the cupboard

And just to ensure this stays somewhat on topic, I hate it when you find your sauce has gone off in the cupboard!

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 27-10-2021, 08:37 PM   #3872
marty351
Shenanigans..............

I have 2 litre jugs of tomato and bbq sauce and taste even better after 1-2 years after purchase, I used to refrigerate but got lazy. Also hot chilli sauces that recommend being used within 1 month after opening, 3 years old and still tastes fine. Must be all that vinegar, sugar and salt.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-10-2021, 08:51 PM   #3873
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

You lot are all doing it wrong! Nothing beats homemade..............

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2021, 09:13 PM   #3874
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Looks good, DFB.

How much for a bottle, including postage?

And does it need to be refrigerated after opening?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 27-10-2021, 10:07 PM   #3875
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Nothing better than 120yo homemade recepies. My Grandfather also has one for Worcestershire sauce, even better than Holbrooks.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-10-2021, 10:34 PM   #3876
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Nothing better than 120yo homemade recepies. My Grandfather also has one for Worcestershire sauce, even better than Holbrooks.
Try Cornwells Lancashire Relish......yummo
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-10-2021, 08:54 PM   #3877
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We are planning work BBQ Monday arvo literally right up the road from me in stumbling distance.

To put this into context I'm about 30kms away so has always been a pain for me so this is great. I thought I'd get the footy out and that would be fun.

Since I had it in my hands I started practising drop kicks inside (just a little tap) and after putting a couple of marks on the walls I thought I should take it outside. Yes I had a few beers

So I was doing it against the wall but put a bit too much on it, hit the gutter just in the right spot and it bounced onto my pergola,

Well I have one those that backs into the gutter! My step ladder is way too short so have no ****en way to get it.

Hopefully the evap cooler service guy or gal will be kind enough to fetch it for me in 2 weeks time
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2021, 11:36 PM   #3878
slowsnake
Banned

Get ya fishing rod out and practice " blu-tac " casting?
Be good fun, get ya fishing mates over and get rotten drunk, and then who cares if it stays there, it's good old fashioned cheap fun!
Old 30-10-2021, 10:18 AM   #3879
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

don't ya hate it when you win some items on upay .......... then when you make a comment on packing items .. they then cancel the sale ggrrrrrrr forkin ****as
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-10-2021, 10:24 AM   #3880
slowsnake
Banned

We have a young girl here in WA who was taken from her parents tent in the dead of night, its been 2 weeks now and nothing, I have a terrible feeling of dread when I think about it, and am reading about it now!

Front page of West Australian newspaper in big red numbers is 3842 and underneath in big black block letters it states -
" THE SHOCKING NUMBER OF REGISTERED CHILD SEX OFFENDERS ON OUR STREETS "

Oh my God, what is wrong here, and why are people who know about this as in family members do nothing about it?
Why?

So sad......
Old 30-10-2021, 10:37 PM   #3881
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

You choose some quality reading matter.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2021, 11:32 PM   #3882
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
You choose some quality reading matter.
It just comes to me, it's like a "chick magnet" type thing, but I seem to attract all the rottenness in this world, including garbage people!
But it's reading matter that I crave, and true crime interests me as in the Kray Twins hold over London, just by pure fear, other so called hard men feared them, but police think someone was stalking this poor family for awhile before acting, that gives me the shivers, it really does, not opportunistic but planned over days, weeks or months, it's scary for anyone with kiddies, I hate it
Old 31-10-2021, 04:29 PM   #3883
.:4:.
Kicking back

This one really gets up my goat. So my mate was telling me about a small project he was planning to execute. So yeah, pretty straight forward, 10 minute job. But why in the crap do you take on a job only to borrow 99% of the tools? I should have just taken over and done it in 10 minutes not 2 hours.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2021, 05:02 PM   #3884
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
This one really gets up my goat. So my mate was telling me about a small project he was planning to execute. So yeah, pretty straight forward, 10 minute job. But why in the crap do you take on a job only to borrow 99% of the tools? I should have just taken over and done it in 10 minutes not 2 hours.
You having the tools is why you got told about the project.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2021, 10:39 PM   #3885
slowsnake
Banned

Why is Australia, and all Australians are paying for it, this deal with France causing so much consternation, all contracts have get out clauses, late delivery or completion clauses, yet a contract to build Submarines that started out at $40 billion of our taxpayer dollars 7 years ago and then $60 billion 5 years ago and then $90 billion in 2021.......every step was dogged by the French engineers and designers, now these engineers must of known that we were never going diesel ⛽

It was discussed all along, a submarine designed for diesel is very different to a submarine using a bloody nuclear reactor as its propulsion unit.
Radiation containment being one of them, geez what a difference in weight, probably shielded by lead or maybe cadmium, these 2 different propulsion modes are light years apart!

I just watched on the TV news the G20 meeting and they made a point of showing the French President Macron being all pally with the US President Biden, the announcer then said, and I quote, "that whilst Macron and Biden were very close, Scott Morrison was away in a corner, by himself" unquote!
Sounds like a line from a Walt Whitman poem, there must of been a hundred people there and the show 5 seconds from an hours filming!

Geez I hate that, selective viewing and commentary designed to provoke, not bring together!
The French knew about this division 5 years ago, it was always on the board and open.
In September 2018 an independent Oversight Board led by a former US Secretary of the Navy Donald Winter, and he advised Australia then to look at alternatives to the French deal for Collins class submarines, he even questioned whether the project was in the National Interest!

The French knew what was going down 3 years ago, and the USA were in on it too, it was no secret that this deal was flawed and bloody overpriced by 60% of the original costing, the French must of been rubbing their grubby little hands together with joyous glee!

Geez I hate that!....
2 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2021, 10:41 PM   #3886
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

…Respect for elected office - excepting despots and tyrants - should be rigorously observed IMO. The lack of formal recognition in this example, is cringe-inducing. Borat arguably possessed more class.

Quote:
"He was having a chat with someone and I went up and just put my arm on his shoulder and said 'g'day Emmanuel', and 'look forward to catching up in the next couple of days'," Mr Morrison told reporters from Rome.
Old 31-10-2021, 10:50 PM   #3887
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
…Respect for elected office - excepting despots and tyrants - should be rigorously observed IMO. The lack of formal recognition in this example, is cringe-inducing. Borat arguably possessed more class.

The rest of the world must think we are some down under and neo colonial backwater, but you must use etiquette when on the world stage, how is he going to say hello to Her Majesty the Queen?

G'day mate, how's ya mother's ducks, still flapping, this Prime Minister is lost in his own headspace I think, and stuff the French, we owe them nothing, but they deserve to be addressed appropriately if the occasion calls for it!

Last edited by slowsnake; 31-10-2021 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Autospell
Old 02-11-2021, 11:39 PM   #3888
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I had no idea this was unravelling so quickly. Shame on all parties.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cumbria-58632814

TLDR: Record-breaking boat Donald Campbell died in, salvaged after decades sunk, mostly restored then pulled apart following a legal squabble.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:46 PM   #3889
slowsnake
Banned

In reality it's not going to bother the "soul" of Donald Campbell one iota, I am sure his ego has moved on somewhere wet, wild and wondrous, lol, but squabbling is a sad way to treasure a memory, I thought that boats or ships that sank had open salvage rights, maybe this one had a special directive placed on whoever recovered it.

Last edited by slowsnake; 02-11-2021 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Autospell
Old 03-11-2021, 02:00 PM   #3890
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

How about this:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-...idge/100589708

Cheeky buggers, jumping in when many people have been unable to travel and appreciate or re-discover our past. I can’t be the only person who would have paid for a large piece of it as garden art.
4 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2021, 11:20 AM   #3891
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow, we took photos of us under this when we visited there in 2018
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2021, 08:52 PM   #3892
slowsnake
Banned

Ha, dangerous my ****, the council must have realised just how much all that old recycled timber is worth on today's market, they are going to make a killing...
Old 04-11-2021, 09:02 PM   #3893
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Ha, dangerous my ****, the council must have realised just how much all that old recycled timber is worth on today's market, they are going to make a killing...
Until the recently erected fence was put up anyone could drive or walk under the old bridge.

Some people have even climbed over the barricades at each end.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:53 PM   #3894
slowsnake
Banned

That design must of been common all over Australia, the Guildford bridge that goes over the Swan River, only about 50 metres of supports on either side of river, but identical design, I'm due for a drive there too, may take a few pics, identical A-frame construction!
Old 06-11-2021, 12:36 AM   #3895
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I booked my car into for a service on Thursday. I had what was I thought a small oil leak but it was worse than I thought.

So on top of my service they had to replace the rocker cover seals and all that **** that goes with it.

Because it is a boxer it's obviously a lot more difficult so labour is a lot more pesos. I guess it's 18 years old so it was just a matter of time.

On top of that I needed new front pads and then my rotors machined.

**** it was an expensive service just a tad under $2k. I hate that
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-11-2021, 04:26 PM   #3896
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I booked my car into for a service on Thursday. I had what was I thought a small oil leak but it was worse than I thought.

So on top of my service they had to replace the rocker cover seals and all that **** that goes with it.

Because it is a boxer it's obviously a lot more difficult so labour is a lot more pesos. I guess it's 18 years old so it was just a matter of time.

On top of that I needed new front pads and then my rotors machined.

**** it was an expensive service just a tad under $2k. I hate that
Thats not a service, thats an overhaul
3 users like this post:
Old 06-11-2021, 04:35 PM   #3897
slowsnake
Banned

That's fazakerly what I was going to say, major servic but it don't surprise me anymore, especially here in Perth, using the excuse that $120 to $150 an hour labour is normal, blamed on demand for FIFO tradesmen?
Lot of crap, apprentices or labourers change oil and filters not fully qualified mechanics
Old 07-11-2021, 02:10 PM   #3898
slowsnake
Banned

Now this is what I really hate!....and with a vengeance too, and yes its greed personified!
WA Upper House MP Brian Walker, is in the spotlight over potential conflict of interests concerns, after he was appointed "strategic consultant" to an ASX-listed medicinal cannabis company, lol, and get this, this bit sh.ts me, despite being chair of a parliamentary committee into cannabis and hemp use!

You gotta be kidding me, how greedy are these bastards, salary as a Upper House MP not enough eh, wants a Lambo for the missus too does he!
Geez I hate that, am talking selfish greedy people in power
Old 07-11-2021, 03:03 PM   #3899
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

…When you go to warm a sandwich for lunch and while the oven is running, do a bunch of other stuff.

Returning to find a cold sandwich - because you left it on the bench and ran the microwave empty.

#earlyonsetdementia #schmuck
Old 07-11-2021, 03:25 PM   #3900
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
…When you go to warm a sandwich for lunch and while the oven is running, do a bunch of other stuff.

Returning to find a cold sandwich - because you left it on the bench and ran the microwave empty.

#earlyonsetdementia #schmuck
One of my mums friends asked me a question a while ago. This lady was a nut job. She could have a conversation with 5 imaganary people but be the only one in the room. Her question was why does the power cut off when she drops the hair dryer into a sink of water? Followed by why does the hair dryer never work after that? I held off, but my advice would have been take a bath with the toaster and see how you or the toaster go.
So thats not premature dementia, thats just a life lived stupid.
I dont reckon leaving a sandwich out of the microwave is the end of the world. It falls into the same category of forgetting to leave steaks out of the fridge to defrost. However, to a lesser degree.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post