Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #3571
David Macgregor
Glassman

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all. My name is David and I live in Kingaroy. I own a 2007 Territory which I like very much. I had some issues with clunks in the front end and a cruise control that wouldn't go into set mode and traction control light staying on. The latter issues were fixed by replacing two blown brake lights and the clunk was rectified by replacing the swaybar links. I found some very useful info on this site.

I am also restoring a 1969 Capri. Currently it has a 1600 4 cylinder in it but I also have a matching numbers V6 that has a completely rusted out body that I am going to use as a doner car for the 4 cylinder. I am in the process of doing the body work on the 4 cylinder. Slow progress as I don't seem to have a lot of time to work on it. No rush though. One day I will work out how to post pictures on this site. Anyway, I'll go back to reading some more posts.
David Macgregor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #3572
teenat2
Starter Motor

Hi Guys: I am new here + first time speaking up. I'm from a remote rural backwater in Nthn Vic. Appreciate your valuable advice over the years. And very entertaining reading about your mods and events, as a serial Ford Owner (I can't help it either - runs in the family) So I'm on-line & sorting thru car pix to post.

First up tho' I have to ask this Tech Question: Please redirect if wrong place.

T2 SLOW WATER LEAK:
After installing a new radiator, water pump, hoses, my car still drips away quietly overnight when engine is cold.
I'm now told car needs new Timing Cover (quote $890). This seems a bit steep, although I know it can be a time consuming job. As I am way out of town, I prefer working on car in our home workshop. Hoping it might just need a good cleaning out and resealing to fix the leak? Any extra info on this greatly appreciated.
Many thanks, Teenat2
teenat2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2013, 07:22 AM   #3573
KALGOORLIE
Starter Motor

Hello to everyone , I'm a newbie and still finding my way around , enjoying reading everything i can on this site , Well done to all the Admin team , designers, sponsers etc, have owned a few Fords over the years and never a problem with any of them 'cept for a few minor problems here and there first Ford i owned was a standard X.W then a 351, X.C GXL then a E.A, S Pack wagon, next a stock X.E wagon next an A.U forte then a stock B.A dedicated gas MK11 followed by a B.F XR6 and now a B.A FPV G.T which i'm having a bit of fun learning about the heater has died and the only problem so far with the G.T Cheers to everyone .
KALGOORLIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #3574
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Try the 'T' series area...

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=178

Quote:
Originally Posted by teenat2 View Post
Hi Guys: I am new here + first time speaking up. I'm from a remote rural backwater in Nthn Vic. Appreciate your valuable advice over the years. And very entertaining reading about your mods and events, as a serial Ford Owner (I can't help it either - runs in the family) So I'm on-line & sorting thru car pix to post.

First up tho' I have to ask this Tech Question: Please redirect if wrong place.

T2 SLOW WATER LEAK:
After installing a new radiator, water pump, hoses, my car still drips away quietly overnight when engine is cold.
I'm now told car needs new Timing Cover (quote $890). This seems a bit steep, although I know it can be a time consuming job. As I am way out of town, I prefer working on car in our home workshop. Hoping it might just need a good cleaning out and resealing to fix the leak? Any extra info on this greatly appreciated.
Many thanks, Teenat2
Old 30-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #3575
STREETFIGHTER
::::::FALCON HELL::::::

G'day guys,
Another newbie posting for the first time. Life long ford man, now 43, all started as a kid with Dads XW Phase 2 GTHO plus various other models over the years.
I've had an XF ute, KJ laser, Festiva!, AU XR8 (lemon), AU2 XR8 (made up for the lemon), SY Territory & now an FG2 (GS) KPM Streetfighter 500 which is totally nuts! & the wife has WT Fiesta on 18"s.
I enjoy reading the forum & hope to contribute more in the future.
Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (164.5 KB, 104 views)
STREETFIGHTER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #3576
03 LTD
Starter Motor

Another one saying hello to all for the first time. recently bought a 03 LTD. I think they all had the 5.4 3v motor. Great car for the money but has had some of the niggling BA issues, mostly sorted now. Next job is to get it sounding like a V8. I love the long wheel base Fords with my previous one being a NL Fairlane Concorde. Other Fords owned in order,
XW Falcon 221 manual
XB Falcon 351 4 speed GT lookalike
XF Fairmont Ghia
EB Fairmont
XC wagon 351 4speed
NL Fairlane Concorde 6 cyl.
BA LTD 5.4 3vP3180969.jpg

P3210973.jpg

P3180968.jpg
03 LTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #3577
Phaxon
Starter Motor

G'day guys,

Another newbie to the forums. After some 8 months of just exploring the internet for answers (2003 ba egas sedan, do most of me own work) I figured I should finally join ford forums. I'm loving all the info around here, keep up the good work guys!
Phaxon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #3578
Tted
Starter Motor

I joined this site to resolve a few problems with a couple of Fords but I cannot find how to ask a question. The latest problem is Territory cruise control which will not turn on.

Can anybody help?
Tted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #3579
mechanic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New member saying G'day

Hello, retired mechanic here searching for some technical info on the BF model utes.
Looks like this is the place to get info. from my reading of posts.
I'll ask my questions in the tech division.
Cheers
mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #3580
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tted View Post
I joined this site to resolve a few problems with a couple of Fords but I cannot find how to ask a question. The latest problem is Territory cruise control which will not turn on.

Can anybody help?
Try the Terror Tory section.....

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=85
Old 11-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #3581
Fordxelisty

Hi all. Newbe member from darwin here. Recently Purchased a ford xe turbo. The build to put a new turbo kit on is in the project thread under yella xe turbo build. I had a turbo xe back in the early 90s which was sold so going back agiain with a better budget this time around.
Long time darwin resident, into circuit and drag racing and cars in general. Own hsvs, ford and a nissan.
Most details in the thread mentioned above

Bit of video from my circuit car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k65p6...e_gdata_player
Fordxelisty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #3582
Auts50
Starter Motor

Hi, it's my first post and hello to everyone. I joined to read some of hints and tips that poeple have posted. I currently own a 65 Xp falcon wagon which is a long term project. And have just turned a AU fairmont ghia into a mock TS50. I am about to start on an AU wagon TS50 mock up ?, don't know how it will look but can't be worse than a standard wagon. I will try to send some pics. Having trouble trying to work out how to post them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (164.6 KB, 89 views)
Auts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2013, 12:49 AM   #3583
IrishGT
Starter Motor

Hi all, Im George and I'm came to oz about 3 years ago, bought myself a BA GT and now im hooked on V8's and fords. I'm also gonna start building a V8 falcon drifter very soon, Thanks
IrishGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #3584
OzBirdman
Starter Motor

Howdy all, thought i better say hi

Been trawling the site for a while, great source of info

I am more of a bike man and have for the most part had company cars but due to a work place accident find myself in a BA Futura, my first car since my EB SXR8
OzBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #3585
Spinnaker71
Starter Motor

Hi All!
Just bought my first Falcon, wrote off my Jeep Grand Cherokee and needed a vehicle to pull my boat, the 2003 BA XT Falcon is a dream! Very happy with it!
I found this forum a great source of info and I have already bought and fitted the cruize control parts my falcon!

Cheers
Shaun
Spinnaker71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #3586
matto9018
Starter Motor

G'day Ford fellas!!

Im Matt, from the Gold Coast.

I brought XR6 BF MKII last week, picking it up on Monday!! Always wanted BF XR for right price after 5 years. Finally came up and perfect for me. I got other vehicle which is mighty Patrol with all the fruits on.
Will be good to meet up people on here.

Cheers
matto9018 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #3587
mechanic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auts50 View Post
Hi, it's my first post and hello to everyone. I joined to read some of hints and tips that poeple have posted. I currently own a 65 Xp falcon wagon which is a long term project. And have just turned a AU fairmont ghia into a mock TS50. I am about to start on an AU wagon TS50 mock up ?, don't know how it will look but can't be worse than a standard wagon. I will try to send some pics. Having trouble trying to work out how to post them.
Did most of my apprenticeship with Ford and worked in some dealerships after that.
The XP was a very light bodied car and some in those days [ late '60s ] finished up with a 289 and 4 speed. Went like the proverbial shower of s--t.
My son had an AU wagon, he had a great run with it.
mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #3588
Vapo NZ
Starter Motor

G'day all. been lurking awhile, thought I'd break the ice
Vapo NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2013, 12:47 AM   #3589
Robman
Starter Motor

Hi Rob from Auckland NZ
Robman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #3590
nixon73
Starter Motor

gday all blue oval fans i am from sunny alice springs in the middle of the greatest country on earth and have just joined this forum. Bought meself a brand new 2013 px ranger xlt super cab with auto two months ago after trading in my 2010 ranger completely different animal this new one. Very happy with it except i reckon the auto could be a bit better as it seems very harsh especially when cold also the car has a slight vibration on idle which can be felt through the drivers seat. Anyone else have the same problems? Anyway just got a colour coded arb bully fitted which looks **** hot except for the 40mm gap between the bar and the guard which looks pretty rough so i will go and put some rubber between them to make it look better
nixon73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #3591
ConfusedFordZH
Starter Motor

Thanks for the welcome, I am new to forums and computers so I have enlisted the help of a typist (wife!!). I have 2 questions and would grateful for any help. My 7th month, 1976 ZH Fairlane has a T code engine. There is no 4. stamped on the corner of the head near the rocker cover. However there is a 4. stamped on the very end of the head in a recess passenger side, left hand top corner. What does this mean? Also, the engine has the square moulding just on the block behind the water pump. It has an R stamped on it. What does this mean? Thanks in advance.
ConfusedFordZH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #3592
rjsgmackenzie
Landau Blu blood

Hi confused, it's been awhile since I played with Clevo's but I think the four stamped on the head mat be a 4V head, but other experts will tell you for sure. Cheers, Rob.
Old 20-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #3593
teenat2
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post

Thanks for reply to my Timing Cover Leak question . . I FIRST looked in FF and T Series + AU, before posting. NO luck, s'pose I will continue with stop leak-type temp patch-up, until I can get more help. Thanks anyway.
Old 21-08-2013, 05:45 AM   #3594
Opentracker
Starter Motor

Hi All !

My name is John, new member from the US here. Other than our driving on the wrong side of the road, we here in the US like the same things you all do. I feel very fortunate to be allowed to be a member here. This is a super forum.

I've had vintage Fords all of my life and run a couple of Mustangs with my wife ( she is a driver too ) at Laguna Seca , Sears Point and Thunderhill raceway here in Calif. My daily driver is a 64 Falcon Sprint.

Here is a shot of my Falcon - see you on the boards !

Opentracker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #3595
Keefy64
Starter Motor

Hi all
Been lurking in the shadows for 12 months or so just checking out other members builds
So now its time to get active
Cheers Keith (Keefy)
Keefy64 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #3596
Brian_FGXR6
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone. Just brought an 08 FG XR6 Ute done 68K. this site is great have done a lot of preventative maintenance since reading through the FG threads. Now its time to start playing with the ute performance wise
Brian_FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #3597
angelo1963
Starter Motor

Hello everyone just got a 2004 territory awd ghia had a el Fairmont wagon before with 330 000 with no major repairs joined to check out others rides and to get some info on pimping my territory
angelo1963 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #3598
angelo1963
Starter Motor

heres a pic of my girl

Last edited by Raptor; 24-08-2013 at 11:29 AM.
angelo1963 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #3599
leeanne1
Starter Motor

Hi
I'm new here, Ive got a ford falcon Au series 2, not had it long
I'm in the middle of doing it up a bit, Will post pictures when its finished
leeanne1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #3600
shawtynate
Starter Motor

Hey guys. im nate. Just brought a ba xr6t about 2 weeks ago
shawtynate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post