Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-03-2015, 06:55 PM   #271
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: 2015 Ford Everest

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
WTF has my personal situation or expenses got to do with you mate, I’ll buy what I want when I want, not all of us can offload a car due to family or business commitments is that ok with you.
Sorry you just keep saying your going to buy this, that and everything else. You just did it again, but ofcourse it's subject to. Toyotas aren't as great as people make out to be.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2015, 06:58 PM   #272
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
With a post like that you have obviously owned a Toyota ?, or do you just like to listen and read what you want to hear and follow the sheep that think the same....

Say what ever you want mate, you know as much as I do that Toyota is and has been the king in this area for year’s and has been the Prado.

Oh and its a SUV come full time 4wd.. if you had half a brain you would realise that most 4wd’s in order to be just that do not drive as well compared to your family Falcon or Merc that you like to drive around in.
Lol blah blah blah. Go drive a Ranger XLT and an SR5 then report back and see who has half the brain???
2 users like this post:
Old 17-03-2015, 07:03 PM   #273
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Lol blah blah blah. Go drive a Ranger XLT and an SR5 then report back and see who has half the brain???
What a recent model....oh FFS, go and re-read my posts where I have said only now with the new release has the Ford product regained its composure.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2015, 07:06 PM   #274
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

PX Ranger is nearly 4 years old. Stop clutching at straws. The Pj and pk could tow 3 tonne... Lol......
Old 17-03-2015, 07:09 PM   #275
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Sorry you just keep saying your going to buy this, that and everything else. You just did it again, but ofcourse it's subject to. Toyotas aren't as great as people make out to be.
Like I said I’ll buy what I want when I want, not something that will suit you, and I certainly don’t have the means to trade up every few year’s like some around here do.

I just did it again....? why because I said I like the sound of a Prado with a TTV8 in it, well for those that are interested in a SUV and a V8 why wouldn’t I be interested. I’m sure there are times when you have contemplated a purchase and expressed yourself, it’s what I do , I research my purchasers thoroughly, as I plan to own my vehicles longer then a couple of year’s therefore I make sure it is the right purchase for myself and my family.
Old 17-03-2015, 07:13 PM   #276
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Prado and Hilux won't get the twin turbo v8. They will get the 76 series motor.
Old 17-03-2015, 07:20 PM   #277
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
PX Ranger is nearly 4 years old. Stop clutching at straws. The Pj and pk could tow 3 tonne... Lol......
The PK XLT had a tow rating of 2500kg (braked) not 3 tonne, and a measly 115kw and consumed 10.4 lt to the 100 which was more then the Hilux at the same time which had 126kw and could tow 2250kg and used 9.3, anyway I’m not the one clutching at straws , clutching at straws would be mentioning the old 76 series, thats clutching at straws.
Old 17-03-2015, 07:22 PM   #278
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No the PK 3 litre has 3 tonne towing. Please do some research, you're getting confused with the 2.5. Also the PK Ranger has 380nm the Hilux only has 343. It's all about the torque. What were you saying about half a brain?

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 17-03-2015 at 07:31 PM.
Old 17-03-2015, 07:39 PM   #279
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
No the PK 3 litre has 3 tonne towing. Please do some research, you're getting confused with the 2.5. Also the PK Ranger has 380nm the Hilux only has 343. It's all about the torque. What were you saying about half a brain?
Yeah and have a look where in the rev range where that peak torque comes in on both vehicles please.....do some research, anyway you seem to want to try and express all the downsides about the Toyota and I applaud you to keep me amused, as by doing so your the one that is cluthching at straws, where as all along I have only maintained that Toyota has been the leader in this segment and people like you refuse to believe in it, and its about time that Ford has taken a leaders ship role.
Old 17-03-2015, 07:41 PM   #280
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So you're wrong and can't accept it??? Thanks... Now run off and buy one if they are so great...

Market leadership doesn't suggest you have the best product. Can mean lots of things. Toyota is lacking...
This user likes this post:
Old 17-03-2015, 07:50 PM   #281
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejuicepony View Post
You can custom tune one to 200kw and 550nm but no one does. Must be good enough for most.
Same with my diesel Focus, decent gains are easily achievable, went from 89KW at the fronts to 124KW with a tune and some minor mods

I don't understand why they only get like 430nm out of 4.5L V8 with a turbo on the side of it, its not like its some old banger IDI diesel either, its direct injected.

Any diesel engine can make good gains when you tune it yourself, especially modern stuff.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2015, 08:58 PM   #282
RANGEREST
Same ****-Different Day

Toyota's high resale value is a myth, with the Hilux at least. a 2nd hand (3 yr old) hilux is say 40k(what they sell for not advertised at) and a Navara or whatever is 30k but the hilux cost 17k more on purchase 57K and 40K respectively
Before anyone says I'm full of **** I had 2 Navs before my PX and a mate had 2 Hilux's at the same time, and these figures are what we bought and sold them for.
Also the PXs are really holding their value, I purchased my first one for $50300 and sold it with nearly 90000Ks for $41700 after 3 yrs.
UA2 Everest Trend 2.0lt
RANGEREST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 17-03-2015, 09:45 PM   #283
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The old PK 3L flogged the pants off the Hilux 3L, ive driven dozens of them. Hell I reckon the 2.5 had even more grunt.

The PJ/PK Ranger wasnt too flash on the fuel though.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2015, 10:32 PM   #284
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
So you're wrong and can't accept it??? Thanks... Now run off and buy one if they are so great...

Market leadership doesn't suggest you have the best product. Can mean lots of things. Toyota is lacking...
I’ll admit I was wrong about the 3 tonne capacity but the rest is on your own doing, time to admit your wrong mate about the Toyota being the leader’s in this segment, and that their owner’s are not sheep as you like to claim, ignorance is bliss.

Market leadership over 15 odd year’s does suggest that buyer’s have chosen the preferred vehicle, as not everyone care’s about a greater towing capacity, or a engine that is often referred to as old and out dated, when your on a good thing why change and that is why many buyer’s have time and time again referred back to the Toyota product, not to mention the vast amount of R&D that has gone into the Toyota product by company’s such as ARB, they have read the market.

Now why don’t you go and whinge about the Ford after sales and CRC and put people on to that quote that your so famous at mentioning.... you know the one where that if the product is not fit for purpose you only have to mention the ACCC what ever it is.... to a dealer and they will jump at all cost’s to get a new car, seem’s to me that you have had a vast experience in the Ford CRC area over the year’s that I’m actually surprised that you still flog the company some positives, as your very quick to express them when it doesn’t go your own way and like to make mention of my personal agenda.
Old 17-03-2015, 10:39 PM   #285
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I’ll admit I was wrong about the 3 tonne capacity but the rest is on your own doing, time to admit your wrong mate about the Toyota being the leader’s in this segment, and that their owner’s are not sheep as you like to claim, ignorance is bliss.

Market leadership over 15 odd year’s does suggest that buyer’s have chosen the preferred vehicle, as not everyone care’s about a greater towing capacity, or a engine that is often referred to as old and out dated, when your on a good thing why change and that is why many buyer’s have time and time again referred back to the Toyota product, not to mention the vast amount of R&D that has gone into the Toyota product by company’s such as ARB, they have read the market.

Now why don’t you go and whinge about the Ford after sales and CRC and put people on to that quote that your so famous at mentioning.... you know the one where that if the product is not fit for purpose you only have to mention the ACCC what ever it is.... to a dealer and they will jump at all cost’s to get a new car, seem’s to me that you have had a vast experience in the Ford CRC area over the year’s that I’m actually surprised that you still flog the company some positives, as your very quick to express them when it doesn’t go your own way and like to make mention of my personal agenda.
lol... Dreamers, sheep what ever. You said the PK Ranger was ****... Have you ever driven one, or do you just base all ur opinion on ur fathers Prado?? Yep fords customer service leaves a lot to be desired but most of their cars are best in category... The Everest will be no exception.

As for your Arb comment have a look at the stuff out there for Ranger... Lol!
Old 17-03-2015, 10:58 PM   #286
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
lol... Dreamers, sheep what ever. You said the PK Ranger was ****... Have you ever driven one, or do you just base all ur opinion on ur fathers Prado?? Yep fords customer service leaves a lot to be desired but most of their cars are best in category... The Everest will be no exception.

As for your Arb comment have a look at the stuff out there for Ranger... Lol!
Nice to know you can admit your own mistakes and own up yourself mate, well done...

Yeah I have driven a PK Ranger, quite often actually as a family member owns one so yeah, and No my old man does not own a Prado, so don’t know where you got that one from genius.

I do believe I also said I hope that the Everest is better then the Toyota product as it’s about time, and as for ARB and Ranger equipment.... well I guess I need to spell it out for you again as you seem to be having some trouble grasping at the fact that when I refer to the ranger or should I say the Ford product I am referring to the vehicles by Ford post PX.....Can you comprehend that or is that something that you have flicked by as you go looking for something else to moan about, ARB have actually lifted there product’s for the Ranger in recent year’s only because of the gaining popularity in the PX, but before hand Toyota was one of their highly researched base models.
Old 17-03-2015, 11:14 PM   #287
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry your dad's mate. Yes I must be a ******* genius! Next week you will be buying an FGX XR8, oh wait......

Just hold on while i go get my Toyota undies outta the wash!

Quote:
I’m still toying with the purchase of a Prado, in fact a mate of my old man has exactly what I want in a Prado for sale right now, I have been discussing and thinking about it very closely, just come up at the wrong time for me.
Old 17-03-2015, 11:23 PM   #288
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Sorry your dad's mate. Yes I must be a ******* genius! Next week you will be buying an FGX XR8, oh wait......

Just hold on while i go get my Toyota undies outta the wash!
but once again nice to know you can admit and man up but you are very good at making it personal...

Please explain to me why this is relevant to anything, just because I am looking at a Prado of a family friend, what relevance does it have to do with this topic or yourself personally mate.... please tell me that one, cause if you want to make my personal purchases a joke of a matter to you then please do it but be a man and not behind a keyboard.
Old 17-03-2015, 11:26 PM   #289
richo77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyhow, i'm on holidays in the US at the moment and i'm really liking the Fords here. The current Explorer and Taurus look great imo.
richo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2015, 11:30 PM   #290
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
but once again nice to know you can admit and man up but you are very good at making it personal...

Please explain to me who this is relevant to anything, just because I am looking at a Prado of a family friend, what relevance does it have to do with this topic or yourself personally mate.... please tell me that one, cause if you want to make my personal purchases a joke of a matter to you then please do it but be a man and not behind a keyboard.
It's the reason why the Prado is so god damn good in your eyes. Rose coloured glasses trying to justify why buying one.

I'm done with this little charade you give as good as you get.

On other news did anyone read go auto tonight? Swb cab chassis ute coming and a luxury Ranger with all the gadgets!! Woot woot!

Old 17-03-2015, 11:33 PM   #291
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 17-03-2015, 11:35 PM   #292
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
It's the reason why the Prado is so god damn good in your eyes. Rose coloured glasses trying to justify why buying one.

I'm done with this little charade you give as good as you get.

On other news did anyone read go auto tonight? Swb cab chassis ute coming and a luxury Ranger with all the gadgets!! Woot woot!

Once again... I don’t need to justify my personal purchases to you or anyone mate, so do me a favour and stay out of my financials if your so inclined to do so.
I look forward to hearing about your paint defect’s or rust issues with any new Ford purchases in the future... why don’t you go and buy a White one.
This user likes this post:
Old 17-03-2015, 11:45 PM   #293
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Once again... I don’t need to justify my personal purchases to you or anyone mate, so do me a favour and stay out of my financials if your so inclined to do so.
I look forward to hearing about your paint defect’s or rust issues with any new Ford purchases in the future... why don’t you go and buy a White one.
Couldn't give a rats **** about ur financial status, don't know you. Sorry! Got a problem send me a PM!!!!

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 17-03-2015 at 11:57 PM.
Old 18-03-2015, 12:01 AM   #294
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Couldn't give a rats **** about ur financial status, don't know you. Sorry! Got a problem send me a PM!!!!
That’s why you wanted to make my personal purchases a public comment, so what if I have mentioned I have researched many vehicles over the yrs, if you had a problem with that you could have easily ignored them or taken your own advice and used PM.
Old 18-03-2015, 12:04 AM   #295
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also interesting to note that the update will have SCR and require adblue.... This will upset a few people!
Old 18-03-2015, 01:01 AM   #296
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I dont imagine that would be sold here?

Old 18-03-2015, 01:20 AM   #297
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Which one the swb or the limited?
Old 18-03-2015, 01:31 AM   #298
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shorty

Old 18-03-2015, 06:10 AM   #299
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Guys have a adult discussion without all the bravado, stick to the thread topic or we will start deleting posts.
Topic
Ford Everest.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2015, 12:11 PM   #300
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder if there will be a Wildtrack version?
Seeing a few Wildtrack Rangers Rangers about, looking good, so they seem to sell alright.
maybe after 12 months of sales They might think about it
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post