Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 21-09-2006, 09:03 PM   #1
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Which ANDRA round to go to??

In the next 12 months or so, I've been looking at going interstate to watch an ANDRA group 1 round. (yes by myself, i'm such a loner ) Preferably Willowbank or WSID. I'm interested primarily in prostock and top alcohol, but love watching the others just as much.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which round I should go to??

Cheers
Melz

Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2006, 09:09 PM   #2
tufLTD
tufLTD

The Winternationals at Willowbank is a great event. I've been going for the last 8 years & I love it. Full field of the top classes. I love the Pro-stockers & there's always a good field at the Winternats.
Old 21-09-2006, 09:13 PM   #3
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

WSID for the Top Fuel international (bringing in Yanks again) that was a pretty good race last year. Anything at willowbank in Nov - March is just too damn hot to enjoy. Having said that kwinana (Perth) in march is a Funny Car match race which will just be awesome.

Just double check what is on where as the ANDRA website has dates that don't match the track websites. EG Andra website says there is a Top Fuel round at WSID on Dec 1-2 but WSID know nothing of this.

Cheers Craig
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2006, 09:30 PM   #4
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Summernationals in Feb or Nitrochamps in May at WSID definately worth a look and only half the distance. The USA race in Dec should be great but the field sizes will never be huge due to travel for interstaters as its on Boxing Day
Old 21-09-2006, 09:41 PM   #5
northey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Winters at Willowbank is a great meet. For one reason it usually very good "air" at night and is good for a few records being shattered. Always a very exciting thing for a true drag racer.
northey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 11:26 PM   #6
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If Pro Stock and Alky is your thing Id be going to the Summernationals in Feb. or the Winters in June.
The races in Dec. and May are aimed at the nitro categories with probably a Doorslammer / Outlaws support bracket and Groups 2,3,4, actually I dont think they even cater for Pro Stock in Dec. Have to check.
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post