Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-02-2022, 04:40 PM   #1
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The gradual removal of the "average/family" enthusiast choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
Right, assumption that the options in question was in line with the thread topic, ‘enthusiasts choice’. Are you meaning options that are a gimmick like infotainment tech or ones that compensate for driver incompetence like blind spot assist etc…

That reads like a Wheels acceleration time. As they were slower than a wet week. Google says Celica with the same running gear does it in around 7 seconds. But regardless, comparing performance spec to vehicles decades apart has no relevance. Back then that Corolla was one of many affordable hot hatches, which is a segment that has died off along with interest in enthusiast choice vehicles.
Yep!

and keep in mind that this thread is about "average" "enthusiast" options, so that excludes any outlying super expensive models.

Seems to me that increasingly every make is chasing the same market segment, (which in itself is nothing new) but also eliminating real choices (at least as far as an "enthusiast" is concerned)
I'm sure that a Millennial can identifying and value the differences between 5 different levels of trim, but to me they're all much the same.

Don't get me wrong, today's cars are unquestionably better designed, better built, and better equipt. It's just that from my perspective the differentiation is lacking, and in many cases the underlying mechanicals are just bleh.
Horrid little motors designed to scam the testing, CVTs, and suspension designed for nothing more than shopping centre speed humps.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: