Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-07-2020, 12:23 PM   #1
sulzy
Starter Motor

Default Xh ute sound system setup

hi
Whats a good speaker setup to do in a xh falcon
Anyone tried the slimeline sub from supercheap
sulzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2020, 04:32 PM   #2
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

Default Re: Xh ute sound system setup

I replaced the in dash speakers with 3-way Sony items, and the head unit with a mech less Kenwood Bluetooth one for the grand total of about $190. Next up would be door speakers using door cards from an S pack or above, I think 5 1/4” are the size that fit. Finally an under seat subwoofer like you mentioned... but I won’t be going that far.
SSVPom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-07-2020, 07:09 PM   #3
sulzy
Starter Motor

Thanks mate
sulzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2020, 09:35 PM   #4
XP6
Formerly ST170ish

They are difficult to get a good sounding front stage in, the window winders make it very hard the handle swings very low on the door making buildouts near impossible... so you can only go inwards cutting a lot of metal unless you use very small speakers!
If you have electric windows it will make fitting bigger speakers much easier.
You can only get 4" speakers in the dash but they face downwards and will sound like crap because there is not enough enclosure volume to get decent results.

Subs will be just as tricky as there's virtually no room behind the seats, there's only a very small amount room at the seat base the upper squabs/back are pretty much hard up against the rear bulkhead.
There is a fair amount of space next the fuel tank(unless its a longreach with dual tanks)under the front of the tray. It will be tricky to make a box for this area and will need to be sealed to the rear bulk head(dont want fumes inside do we), you could go a bandpass sub and only need to cut holes for the speaker ports or do a bigger cut out for a sealed/ported box... there is no need to completely cut out the lower bulkhead only needs enough for the bass to get through, you will need to strengthen the area by adding a perimeter strengthening flange to the cutout area be it round tubing or shs welded in.
Or go an underseat sub... honestly I haven't heard a decent thump from one yet.
Old 28-07-2020, 09:46 PM   #5
hendrixhc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I used VR calais speaker pods on the front doors to house 6" splits with the tweeter mounted in the factory location in the dash.

Behind the seats are 4 x Carrozzeria slimline subs and a cobalt 4 channel amp. all driven by android tablet.

Sounds great and quite deafening.
1982 XE Falcon
1978 XCGS Falcon
1993 XG Ute
2015 FGX XR8
hendrixhc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post