Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-03-2019, 08:28 AM   #1
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Holden to come after negative posters/Keyboard warriors,regarding their brand.

So,let the battle begin! A war they cannot win! Word of advice Holden: drop the Commodore nameplate,Just call it Holden Insignia.Get rid of ANY Korean sourced vehicles.You have not much of interest in your range(unfortunately) You have to listen to your potential customers bring it on!
hackney is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2019, 09:11 AM   #2
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Holden to come after negative posters/Keyboard warriors,regarding their brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackney View Post
So,let the battle begin! A war they cannot win! Word of advice Holden: drop the Commodore nameplate,Just call it Holden Insignia.Get rid of ANY Korean sourced vehicles.You have not much of interest in your range(unfortunately) You have to listen to your potential customers bring it on!
What the .... ?
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2019, 09:12 AM   #3
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Holden to come after negative posters/Keyboard warriors,regarding their brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
What the .... ?
Exactly! What the?
Old 10-03-2019, 09:19 AM   #4
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackney View Post
Exactly! What the hell is Hackney on, and what is that freaking thread title about ?
Fixed it for you
3 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2019, 09:24 AM   #5
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think there was a story somewhere saying that Holden was going to have people patrol internet forums and engage people who were posting anti-Holden rants ect.
I think the OP is trying to get a Holden rep to post on here for some fun.
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2019, 09:28 AM   #6
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
I think there was a story somewhere saying that Holden was going to have people patrol internet forums and engage people who were posting anti-Holden rants ect.
Coool! We are gaining traction! Houston we no longer have a problem!
Old 10-03-2019, 09:34 AM   #7
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Are Holden “sourcing out” to some Russian “troll farm” or something ?
2 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2019, 09:36 AM   #8
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I did message on twitter to them! No reply as yet! Things “should” get interesting!
Old 10-03-2019, 10:18 AM   #9
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

I'm guessing they've discovered that the truth hurts...
Old 10-03-2019, 11:15 AM   #10
Ford17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It’s not quite Big Brother, but Holden might soon be paying a lot more attention to the comments you write about it on websites like carsales.com.au.

Having decided it no longer wanted to simply be a punching bag for social media invective and mistruths, the company started correcting its critics on its own social media channels in the last six months.

And it’s been buoyed by the response, claiming a reduction in overall negativity and a more positive standard of conversation overall.

Now, if it becomes aware of anti-Holden commentary not being reigned in on independent automotive (and other) websites, it says it will step in and defend itself.
https://www.motoring.com.au/holden-g...rriors-117146/
Ford17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2019, 11:57 AM   #11
Sprint XR8

Quote:
Even better. Holden have outsourced management of it's social media to BBE, a troll farm of Brunswick hipsters.
Sprint XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2019, 12:00 PM   #12
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

So when engaging with these Brunswicksters, instead of suggesting what you’ve done with their mother, one simply needs to say “I peed in your doppio”?
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2019, 12:29 PM   #13
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford17 View Post
now if op had just posted something like this at the begging the first half of the thread wouldn't have looked so much like he was off his medication or had remover his tin foil hat , and it all makes more sense now and not just some troll thread

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2019, 12:30 PM   #14
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
now if op had just posted something like this at the begging the first half of the thread wouldn't have looked so much like he was off his medication or had remover his tin foil hat , and it all makes more sense now
I am still on my “meds”!
This user likes this post:
Old 10-03-2019, 12:33 PM   #15
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One has to ask, if you don't own a Holden and probably never will why bother spending your time trolling a company that employs Australian staff and that sells and services vehicles for the Australia public? Doing that under the cover of the Ford Forums banner reflects poorly on this site.
Again why?
Old 10-03-2019, 01:29 PM   #16
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Holden have no one to blame but themselves for all the negative comments over the last few years. They have made by far, the most moronic decisions of all the car companies in recent times.

Taking Tax Payer Money to keep the factory open, then closing it and not refunding the money.

Closing the factory and not realizing, that in doing so, they have made their name and what it means to Australians, extinct or irrelevant.

Calling a Car a Commodore that is by definition not a Commodore to the Australian Public.

Broken promises on future new cars.

......start listing the others.
8 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2019, 01:31 PM   #17
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M View Post
One has to ask, if you don't own a Holden and probably never will why bother spending your time trolling a company that employs Australian staff and that sells and services vehicles for the Australia public? Doing that under the cover of the Ford Forums banner reflects poorly on this site.
Again why?
EVERY automotive vehicle distributor in Australia employs Australian staff and sells services and vehicles to the Australian public.
5 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2019, 01:31 PM   #18
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Holden have no one to blame but themselves for all the negative comments over the last few years. They have made by far, the most moronic decisions of all the car companies in recent times.

Taking Tax Payer Money to keep the factory open, then closing it and not refunding the money.

Closing the factory and not realizing, that in doing so, they have made their name and what it means to Australians, extinct or irrelevant.

Calling a Car a Commodore that is by definition not a Commodore to the Australian Public.

Broken promises on future new cars.

......start listing the others.
You want to be careful what you say! You will be a marked man!They will be after you!
3 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2019, 01:33 PM   #19
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I forgot to add

Blindly buying thousands of Cars not anticipating the fallout of the reasons mentioned above and being unable to sell them.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2019, 01:35 PM   #20
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I forgot to add

Blindly buying thousands of Cars not anticipating the fallout of the reasons mentioned above and being unable to sell them.
That is enough! Penalty: “dragged” into a Holden dealership & forced to buy a Equinox!
Old 10-03-2019, 01:39 PM   #21
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You would make more sense in going after the politicos who had their hands on the levers and goaded Holden into shutting up shop.

However if people want to spend their time anonymously slagging off a company...
Old 10-03-2019, 01:45 PM   #22
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I've always believed it was the other way around, and - from a non-insider's casual viewpoint - that Mitsubishi, particularly, set the tone:

"We're gonna go!"
- Please stay, here's some cash.

Am I wrong in recollecting, or did they pull basically this same caper twice over?

To me it was the government(s) fostering a cynical disloyalty to the consumer. Not that it has been helped by the cultural cringe that saw an imported car as better than a local one.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2019, 01:54 PM   #23
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
EVERY automotive vehicle distributor in Australia employs Australian staff and sells services and vehicles to the Australian public.
And that is my point, Ford, Holden and Toyota shut up shop, they all import.
Get over it. They still employ Australians and use Australian businesses throughout their operations.

Surely there must be more to life than trolling a company because of a nameplate or perceived "broken promises"?

Ford killed off manufacturing here but I enjoy mine and I would rather spend the time using it than immersing in negative BS.

Off to the projects in the garage. Over and out
Old 10-03-2019, 02:07 PM   #24
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M View Post
And that is my point, Ford, Holden and Toyota shut up shop, they all import.
Get over it. They still employ Australians and use Australian businesses throughout their operations.

Surely there must be more to life than trolling a company because of a nameplate or perceived "broken promises"?

Ford killed off manufacturing here but I enjoy mine and I would rather spend the time using it than immersing in negative BS.

Off to the projects in the garage. Over and out
Welcome to the internet
Old 10-03-2019, 02:27 PM   #25
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Different times . The day we ceased manufacturing we were totally at the whim of the importers no matter what brand we bought from , not least Ford . Take out Ranger and Mustang and Ford sales are nothing special either .

Re Holden ...The VF Commodore was a bloody nice car , especially the V8 and was their real saving grace for a fair time but one car won't save a whole company in this country and it didn't .As good or whatever the 'new' Commodore is it's been a huge showroom fail for the General . Goes without saying .

All been said before but with a huge choice of the SUV's , even if any current Holden stuff like Colorado , Trax , Equinox , Acadia , Captiva or whatever was standout none of them will be big enough sellers to push Holden way up the sales charts again .

Ford Ranger is one for blue oval brigade that has done well . Endura, Everest , Escape and such might be a bit like Holden and lost in the mire of so many other SUV's...but we'll have to wait and see on that. Cars have been pushed off the cliff though and their days are done by the looks especially on the back of GM and Ford culling cars left right and centre especially in the USA to concentrate on building SUV/Trucks .

The halo car for Ford globally though is Mustang and with the Hybrid V8 likely to come to fruition in the not too distant future it might just secure the halo on the head for a fair while yet . Heady golden Holden days are over I'm sorry to say so for Holden to chase the keyboard warriors it should be the least of their worries I think .

Last edited by roddy1960; 10-03-2019 at 02:40 PM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2019, 02:29 PM   #26
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

I think the reason Holden is noticing the so called trolls is because there's been
such a massive drop off of Holden fans actually posting on Holden websites.

The damage has been done, forget the angry "trolls" the real problem is all the other
formerly staunch Holden buyers that have left and taken family members with them...

People power has spoken but Holden is still not listening....

and it breaks my heart to see so many formerly profitable franchises that are
now teetering on the brink, all thanks to the brains trust at GM and Holden.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2019, 02:34 PM   #27
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Different times . Heady golden Holden days are over I'm sorry to say so the keyboard warriors are the least of their worries IMO .
Exactly.....
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2019, 05:49 PM   #28
Terror_Tree
SZ II TS Territory-Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford17 View Post

I reckon this will be a bad idea, feeding the trolls will not go well.

FWD is the Devils work
Terror_Tree is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2019, 07:44 PM   #29
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What’s the point? Coming out swinging isn’t going to change 1 persons opinion. A damaged brand needs to double down, concentrate on what they do and do it well. Unfortunately Holden is a RHD shag on a rock in the wrong hemisphere, they have no sway on what GM does internationally, now divested of Opel, there will be no more RHD after the current gen of platforms, and are in sales contraction in the US. China is their main focus.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 10-03-2019, 09:04 PM   #30
minheim

Holden certainly are in a quandary. Some of their product has been relative rubbish. My niece had a cruze and it was nothing but trouble. She now has a MD Mondeo and loves it. I know the closure of local manufacturing has hurt Holden and Ford more than Toyota but I wonder if they are sometimes unduly and unfairly categorised as less desirable because of their Australian manufacturing history and the flexible workhorse capabilities and value of the falcon and commodore by the "aspiring" consumer. I bought an escape titanium last year because it was the a vehicle that met my wants and needs and was good value especially with the warranty being increased to 5 years. I also got it at a nice discount again because it flies under the radar and it has been a great car to date. I think the ZB has been unfairly targeted and seems to be a better car for today than the VF. It sure is attractive buying as a low km used or demo at present and its looks have grown on me. The problem for Holden is the seeming retreat from RHD markets by GM.
minheim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post