Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-05-2018, 09:46 AM   #31
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The Car Gods must hate me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainforcepatrol View Post
I took it to the nearby dealer and not surprisingly they had no stock of a bottom radiator hose for a 5.4 litre V8 that had been in production for 4 years.
I chuckled, well written. My commiserations, you think they would stock parts.

I'm just old enough to have seen 202 fan belts in the milk bar that used to be on the way down to the surf...
Old 15-05-2018, 01:42 PM   #32
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG33 View Post
Picked up the missus new elantra today from the dealers workshop.
Apparently where the air cond hose connects to the compressor, wasn't sealing properly due bad machining, so they replaced the compressor.

Although the dealer apologizes, the greedy mofo's never made an offer for their careless mistake.

That's another mistake they made. 3 of the family's Hyundai's will get serviced elsewhere.

Also made my new car experience displeasure known on Hyundai's facebook page.
Well that it isn't it most times, its dealer driven, if your not happy they lose the ongoing business.
Being in business myself IF I knew my staff were losing a customer here and there I would be right onto it - first discuss with the unhappy customer that I had in the first place, hopefully recover them and assign a trusted employee on them, then I would get this other employee in and advise them its hard getting new customers but to lose a recent paying customer is criminal, 1st warning pal on this case.

On purchasing a couple of new business cars for the first time in my life I actioned one of those buying companies doing the deals for you, due to this company being in the same Industrial estate as ours I thought go up and meet them first and see what its all about.
I just give them my directive on what I want, colours, extras and budget and away they go via their aligned Dealer networks.
By the way not liking seeing some posts re i30 probs for I bought one those.
Back on track they'd come back to me with DA pricing - I was most impressed. This crowds commission is already incl or done between themselves and the dealership.
If you approve yep a email is sent to their Dealer contact cc'd you and you finish things off re rego names blah blah and capped servicing etc.
I was damn impressed and the time it saved me.
Cars were delivered to business, checked out, given the run through of operations etcetc....
So 2 cars delivered - impressed just a tip if anyone inclined someone else doing your walking after you have done your own research ofcourse.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2018, 06:48 PM   #33
JG33

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Well that it isn't it most times, its dealer driven, if your not happy they lose the ongoing business.
Being in business myself IF I knew my staff were losing a customer here and there I would be right onto it - first discuss with the unhappy customer that I had in the first place, hopefully recover them and assign a trusted employee on them, then I would get this other employee in and advise them its hard getting new customers but to lose a recent paying customer is criminal, 1st warning pal on this case.

Well they can't be too concerned about losing customers. Just found out the dealer has ripped me off, Hyundai offers drive away price which includes 12 months registration, these pricks only paid for 6 months.

I contacted Hyundai to clarify this and they said it is definitely 12 months rego, I told them the dealer ripped me off so they will be contacting them regarding the matter.
JG33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2018, 09:14 PM   #34
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

All the best mate.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2018, 11:52 PM   #35
CFOUR
The Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
That wouldn,t be correct because badge sharing didn,t happen until the XF ute around 1988.Even then all the panels were the same,only difference was the glued on plastic badging on the tailgate,front mudguards and a different grille.
yup you are correct. I checked with my old man. (I was a young child when this transpired and he only kept it till he got a new ea s-pac wagon). he purchased a red xf ute (his xd was a panel van), they put a white tailgate on it which they pulled off the dealers personal Nissan while he waited for a new red one, had Nissan across the back of it in black.