Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-12-2016, 01:48 PM   #2611
Twinkles

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

People who insist that everything was better "back in the day" & they weren't even alive in the decade they insist was perfect!
Twinkles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2016, 07:28 PM   #2612
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkles View Post
People who insist that everything was better "back in the day" & they weren't even alive in the decade they insist was perfect!
Yes, back in the day was rubbish. Everything was beige. Australians settled for rubbish Holden while the yanks had good cars. Food choice was crap, TV was crap (except for Benny Hill). Video games were crap. You could go anywhere in Sydney and there was no huge crowd. There was no rap music, gang violence or drugs that we knew about. If you were a drunk you were considered a loser. The working class could afford to payoff a house. Australia was a white, Christian country. Mmm maybe it wasn't as bad as I remember.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2016, 07:50 PM   #2613
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

There were no drugs or gangs? Exactly how far back are you going here?
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-12-2016, 09:18 PM   #2614
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Obviously a lot further than most of us can remember......
Have to be early 60s??
Can't be earlier than mid 50s as that would pre-date both TV and Benny Hill!
By the 70s drugs & gangs were rife.
By the 80s there were crowds for everything in Sydney, and rap music - and at the end of the decade the working class were struggling to afford to pay off a house - especially those caught up in the homefund fiasco.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2016, 01:06 AM   #2615
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
There were no drugs or gangs? Exactly how far back are you going here?
"That we knew about", no APE X etc. When I was a teenager, NO party drugs for kiddies to consume. Only hard cases knew where to get drugs. I didn't know anyone who smoked pot and only one person my age who drank alcohol. Getting smashed was not cool. There were crowds at major events like the Easter show and New Years Eve, But at least you could get parking were you wanted to go and you could move around. Think 1985 ish

Last edited by GXL078; 11-12-2016 at 01:12 AM.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:21 PM   #2616
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Geez I hate...... self-centred a-holes who are so hung up on pleasing themselves, and not giving a rats about putting others out - or in clear danger.

This stupid woman in front of me in a Corolla pulls into the servo - same one I was pulling into, and stops dead in the driveway to play "eeenie meenie minee mo" with the pumps, while I'm hanging my *** out on an 80km/h main road stuck behind her.

Gave her a polite toot, and she moved up 1m. I'm still hanging out.... So several more toots and she finally moves up slowly. Big enough gap now to get around her, so I drive right around the end of the pumps to come back so the ONLY LPG pump is on the correct side of my car (noting her corolla fuel flap is on the LH side, so she should be heading for the opposite side of the pumps).

But NOOOO, she pulls up blocking the LPG pump, just as I try to nose in to line it up. Then gets out & abuses me for being "an impatient *******" - which I pointed out was because of her dangerous, self-centred behaviour. I asked her why she's parked so far out from the pump when the hose won't reach her fuel cap, and why she didn't go to the next pump over. She spat "F-U" and proceeded to walk into the servo.....so she's not even getting fuel.

After waiting about 30 seconds to see if she was only buying a paper, I gave up, and parked across the front of her, so the gas hose would just reach my car, and started filling.

She then comes out with an ice-cream and a pack of smokes. Yep, that's all.
She sees how I'm parked, and abuses me for blocking her. I just pointed to the 5 empty spots in front of the shop & said "that's where you should be parking when you're not getting fuel" - and her reply "but that's in the sun."

So I kept on going - getting 73L in. She honked me to move when I hung up the pump, and I simply replied "what was that you said to me? Oh that's right F-U ******" and made her wait while I went & paid. (obviously too difficult for her IQ level to reverse out). Drove her even more insane by filling up the washers, and writing down the km on the receipt before attempting to move too.
Old 11-12-2016, 09:27 PM   #2617
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You forgot that your front and back windscreens were a bit dirty too - can't drive away with the windscreen dirty

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2016, 09:49 PM   #2618
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha - didn't think of that, but the car is pretty clean at the moment.
Although I could have been a bit OTT and given them a once over!
Old 14-12-2016, 09:52 PM   #2619
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day. Geez I hate this ..John Cadogan...What a whinger...This has been around a while but really !!!!.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVxxPMh1oUk ...The icing on the cake is his lambasting of Falcon and Commodore yet here he is a few years ago waxing lyrical about the Falcon GT R Spec.check this out from then as an example.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n_lno5RvLU&t=61s ..I think he's either a hypocrite or got old and crotchety pretty darn quick or nobody's paying him enough...Actually , on second thought he's probably not the only motoring mouthpiece I hate going on and on about stuff...Cheers Rod..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2016, 12:31 AM   #2620
flightstrike

Something so small but it eerks me more than it probably should.

I'm stuck in a Hotel for a few weeks. I can't stand it when the bed sheets don't actually fit the bed and don't wrap around the mattress. Not to mention the "king" bed is simply two beds pushed together with a hump in the middle.

2010 FG XR6 Ute
flightstrike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2016, 01:20 PM   #2621
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightstrike View Post
Not to mention the "king" bed is simply two beds pushed together with a hump in the middle.
This, especially paying money for a 4 or 5 star hotel. When it happens to me know I ask to change room to either a queen bed or a "real" king.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2016, 02:31 PM   #2622
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Pet hate of the week. Ignorant people, usually the women but not always, that at every community event held in a confined space, will insist on standing in the middle of the door way gossiping thus effectively blocking the way in or out of the room/hall/kitchen/toilet access, take your pick, with no intention of moving even when jostled or bumped by others trying to pass through. I mean , really, WTF IS UP WITH THAT !!!

I went to my sons concert night the other evening at a country hall. There were 2 external double doors into the hall, a double door to access the back of the stage where the supper was set up and double doors leading to out the back off of the backstage space. After the event, during supper I was looking for my kids so we could leave and ended up having to pass through all 4 doorways and every single one was blocked by ignorant f*^%s yabbering away with no intention of clearing the doorway GGRRRRRRRRR !!!!

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2016, 02:42 PM   #2623
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Similar to how people meet randomly in shopping centres, often next to stalls in the middle of the walkway, and so block people trying to walk through around them. Even worse when a group meets someone, or a group meets a group, or one or both parties have a trolley.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2016, 03:17 PM   #2624
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I hate that motorbikes have the same speed limit as cars.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2016, 11:55 PM   #2625
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
Pet hate of the week. Ignorant people, usually the women but not always, that at every community event held in a confined space, will insist on standing in the middle of the door way gossiping thus effectively blocking the way in or out of the room/hall/kitchen/toilet access, take your pick, with no intention of moving even when jostled or bumped by others trying to pass through. I mean , really, WTF IS UP WITH THAT !!!

I went to my sons concert night the other evening at a country hall. There were 2 external double doors into the hall, a double door to access the back of the stage where the supper was set up and double doors leading to out the back off of the backstage space. After the event, during supper I was looking for my kids so we could leave and ended up having to pass through all 4 doorways and every single one was blocked by ignorant f*^%s yabbering away with no intention of clearing the doorway GGRRRRRRRRR !!!!
I happily loudly tell my daughter that stopping in the middle of a walkway is rude, which says "yes dad, that woman is doing it". Funny as hell.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2016, 02:31 PM   #2626
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8cam View Post
Every suburb apparently has a different Motor Law regarding how far you park from a corner. I live on a corner block and people park in the street to walk up the road to the city bus. If I could load photo's I would show people that park so close that a drivers vision is impaired when approaching from either direction to execute a turn. I rung the police who could not tell me what the law is. They said traffic cops know....
I've never understood why people choose to park on the street when they have a driveway and shed available.

You see it all the time. You're driving through suburbia and come up to a car parked on the street. This means you'll have to swing halfway into the oncoming lane to get around it. But there's a car coming in the opposite direction, so you have to come to a stop in the middle of your 50-60kph lane to give way to it, before you can pull out around the parked car. (it gets interesting when you are approaching the crest of a hill and can't even see if there is any oncoming traffic). As you drive around the car parked on the street, you look over and see that the garage and driveway are empty.

I REALLY like when there are cars parked on both side of the street, creating an even narrower one-way chokepoint.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-12-2016, 11:12 PM   #2627
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXL078 View Post
"That we knew about", no APE X etc. When I was a teenager, NO party drugs for kiddies to consume. Only hard cases knew where to get drugs. I didn't know anyone who smoked pot and only one person my age who drank alcohol. Getting smashed was not cool. There were crowds at major events like the Easter show and New Years Eve, But at least you could get parking were you wanted to go and you could move around. Think 1985 ish
I was just being a smartass. I know what you meant, things were a lot simpler back when I was a kid in the 90s. Before everyone had mobile phones and before the internet was all-powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I've never understood why people choose to park on the street when they have a driveway and shed available.
Parked my S**box Hyundai Excel on the street one night when I was being lazy, came out in the morning to find it covered in McDonalds rubbish and with two massive dents in the roof (clearly from someone jumping on the roof).

Never again. It was literally ONE night in a nice suburb too.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2016, 09:35 PM   #2628
.:4:.
Kicking back

For years I have been going to the local main stream bottlos for my favorite poison, carton draughts, because for a 3 pack of longies they are usually cheaper. When I treat myself, I'm fond of the asahi super drys. From stories told to me by people who are close and travel, the asahi from Japan is the best. The UK ones aren't bad, and the mass produced chinese ones are crap. For years on the odd occasion I'd treat myself to a black box of the Chinese brewed asahi for 60 something a case and thought they were awesome.. that was untill last week. Went to the most local independent bottlo who charges more for my staple cartons and asked for a case of asahi's. I was asked drinking or gifting. I replied drinking. He replied do you care if the box is ripped. Replied as long as it makes it to the fridge. $50 later I had what turned out to be the best case of Japanese engineered UK brewed beers ever. It was next level. I thought I copped a deal for the box being ripped. So I went back today, asked for another case. Orange box, UK manufacturing label, $50. I was beyond belief. They charge almost 60 for my pub choice of cartons and even more for vb. Yet they still charge $21 for a 6 pack of the Chinese asahi. The Chinese ones come in a black box in cardboard 6 pack holder. The UK ones come in a box of 24 loose ones, that saves me on recycle bin space. I hate it when you blindly drive past the local small business for years then find out you can get the premium for much less then the mainstream.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2016, 09:43 PM   #2629
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post

You see it all the time. You're driving through suburbia and come up to a car parked on the street. This means you'll have to swing halfway into the oncoming lane to get around it. But there's a car coming in the opposite direction, so you have to come to a stop in the middle of your 50-60kph lane to give way to it, before you can pull out around the parked car. (it gets interesting when you are approaching the crest of a hill and can't even see if there is any oncoming traffic). As you drive around the car parked on the street, you look over and see that the garage and driveway are empty.

I REALLY like when there are cars parked on both side of the street, creating an even narrower one-way chokepoint.
The big problem where I live is abandoned cars clogging up the streets. Every house has a granny flat, borders and or 3 generations of migrants living in it. Garages used to store anything but vehicles, or to live in. And truck drivers leaving their trucks illegally parked on the street overnight.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:18 AM   #2630
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

I hate those kids Happy Meal toys that have batteries to power small speakers with painfully annoying sound/music that now use triangle head screw! Seriously? How long have they been doing that?

We haven't bought Maccas in Aus for about 1 year, and 2 days ago bought one for both children, only to get the blasted toys that play some stupid line from some song of some unknown (to me at least) movie. I figured, that's fine they have a nap after lunch, I'll just yank the batteries while they are asleep. Done it many many times.

But they are some kind of triangle head screw! Really Maccas! Is that item so valuable you need to use an anti tamper screw in a kids throw away toy!

So instead of being able to remove the offending batteries that play that offending sound, we had to endure that thing till they got bored of it after a few days, and we 'accidentally' placed them in the bin for our sanity.

Thanks Maccas

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2017, 10:23 AM   #2631
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They've got to make it that way to stop kiddies etc from swallowing those button type batteries - which will basically stuff up your stomach/bowel etc. So, instead of a traditional type screw, they use a non standard type that most people won't be able to undo.
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2017, 02:31 PM   #2632
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

I would love to see this thread migrated into a 'Geez, i love it when....'

Kind if like a No Negativity 2017.

It only takes 1 person to start a movement.

Your mindset is your choice.

Negative thoughts breed negative actions. The exact opposite is also true.

We have all whinged in the past that things are going to to crap.

If nothing changes, nothing changes...
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2017, 02:36 PM   #2633
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_gxl View Post
I would love to see this thread migrated into a 'Geez, i love it when....'

Kind if like a No Negativity 2017.

It only takes 1 person to start a movement.

Your mindset is your choice.

Negative thoughts breed negative actions. The exact opposite is also true.

We have all whinged in the past that things are going to to crap.

If nothing changes, nothing changes...
Now that you've posted all those D&M quotes looks like you just volunteered yourself to start the new thread
Old 02-01-2017, 02:50 PM   #2634
Lugh

Geez I love it when I have a place to vent my frustrations in a supportive environment and in a non-destructive manner.
5 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2017, 02:54 PM   #2635
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
Geez I love it when I have a place to vent my frustrations in a supportive environment and in a non-destructive manner.
Where's that??
XByoot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2017, 04:11 PM   #2636
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6WGN View Post
You forgot that your front and back windscreens were a bit dirty too - can't drive away with the windscreen dirty
And check the oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, nip up the wheelnuts, check window washer bottle, check tyre pressures and damn after all that hard work I need a pi$$.

U mad love...

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2017, 11:28 AM   #2637
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXL078 View Post
My daily drive is a 94 Magna wagon. Its been kept for the simple fact that it is a very useful wagon, not like a short wheelbase VE, which has less room in the back than a Mondeo. Nicer to drive than any Falcon or Commodore of the same vintage. For $120 I got Myself a Kenwood head unit, with Bluetooth. I can make and receive calls and text whenever I like. Guy comes into work last week all smart in his brand new Land Rover that looks like it cost about $80k. Less of a wagon than the Magna and he drives away talking with a mobile to his ear. Now I would put money on that car having Bluetooth connectivity. What is it are they too lazy or too dumb to work it? Or do they just have the attitude that rules are made to be broken? I want to keep my money to spend it on what I want to buy, not to pay fines I don't need to.
Haha...fellow Magna owner.. they are the classic of the future! They are very useful,I can actually fit a XB bonnet in the back of my wagon, it's been so useful for hauling stuff and it's pretty cheap to run. I still drive mine between the Goldie and Brisbane all the time,ultra reliable but I do look after it.
XByoot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2017, 03:08 PM   #2638
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
Just reNewed my Road service meMbership Annual subscription.
Produce my card with details, and state rego number of the car I need to renew.
I’m asked to identify myself, DOB, address, email, mobile, home phone .....not to check if my details are correct .... identification. WHY ?
After paying I ask for a receipt showing that particular vehicle is up to date .... no, the receipt will be emailed to you. I get home and it is in my in-box. WHY ?
Is this technology for technology’s sake, or are the basic procedures being made difficult ?
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2017, 03:40 PM   #2639
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nobody knows how to go "off script" - some boffin has decided each receipt costs 7.543c to produce, so they won't do them anymore, and the "script" that the counter robot follows doesn't allow for anything other than the desired (by accountants) flowchart outcome.

Add in the fact that so many gen-Ys & millennials have zero initiative, and it's easy for them to make these changes.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:44 PM   #2640
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
Nobody knows how to go "off script" - some boffin has decided each receipt costs 7.543c to produce, so they won't do them anymore, and the "script" that the counter robot follows doesn't allow for anything other than the desired (by accountants) flowchart outcome.

Add in the fact that so many gen-Ys & millennials have zero initiative, and it's easy for them to make these changes.
Besides that half of them probably can't write and or need a spell checker for the simplest of letter writing.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post