Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 18-02-2016, 05:46 PM   #241
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Default Re: Why People Buy Camry's..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted View Post
I admit that Toyota make a reliable car, no question about it, however what I'm questioning is the way that this is exaggerated.
Some people make it out as though it is simply impossible for anything to go wrong with a Toyota. If that is the case then what's the point of them having a spare parts division? They may as well close it down as they will never sell any parts!

So Toyota may be reliable, but saying that Fords and Holdens aren't simply isn't true. I know of a vy commodore that was purchased new and in 250,000km all that needed replacing was the alternator. You never hear the good stories, only the bad, but with Toyotas you always hear the good and never the bad. Falcons also have proven reliability as taxis, but once again that doesn't seem to stand for anything.

I dislike Toyota because of their bland uninspiring styling, poor driving dynamics and overall characterless and soulless cars which are nothing more than appliances.

However, if there is something I dislike more that the cars themselves, its the brain dead people that drive them. This morning I witnessed a woman in a Camry on Ferntree Gully Road pull out of a side street into the path of 80kmh traffic without a care in the world, causing everyone to brake and swerve heavily.
Every time there is some sort of traffic disruption or disturbance you can bet your life on it that it is being caused by some completely inept fool in a Toyota.
Of course it is always someone in a Toyota. Never another brand car FFS.....
This user likes this post:
Old 18-02-2016, 05:51 PM   #242
Jess1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Of course it is always someone in a Toyota. Never another brand car FFS.....
He isn't the sharpest knife in the draw hehe
Old 18-02-2016, 05:56 PM   #243
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
Where does the Liberty and the bike come in? :
haha. You dont miss a trick do ya?

The Liberty is controlled fun but a great A-B car too, the bike is a stress reliever. I have an out for all facets of my life and I love it.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 18-02-2016, 06:05 PM   #244
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
haha. You dont miss a trick do ya?
it was there for taking
Old 18-02-2016, 06:18 PM   #245
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Quote:
Every time there is some sort of traffic disruption or disturbance you can bet your life on it that it is being caused by some completely inept fool in a Toyota.
Is this bloke for real?? I better not say anymore except
Old 18-02-2016, 06:25 PM   #246
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Quote:
How much of those 144 pages is commentary?
Who gives a rats? Are we going to validate which post are this and which posts are that? The idea of the forum (I thought) was problem and solution. Some go on and on and on about nothing and (sometimes) it is accepted - especially if in a topical thread. But if we are talking problems we have with our rides who cares about 'commentary'. Maybe we call it background.
Old 18-02-2016, 06:43 PM   #247
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

So is the Closed button.