Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-07-2015, 08:00 PM   #1
david lee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: cd player

Quote:
Originally Posted by valiant81 View Post
Hi David;
Ok, now I know were you are comming from. All dvd and cd players are basicly have the same design, as for the laser if you can see the round small platter the holds the cd ( dvd ). This is the drive to spin up the disc,well with no disk in the deck the laser is a small round glass like very small dome and at rest will be near the disk platter. CD's and DVD play the disk from the inside to the outside.

As for cleaning you have to be very carefull with cleaning as the laser, as the laser in on a subspention and is designed to move up and down so as the laser can focus on the disk and it would only move a couple of mm's.

All that i have used to clean lasers is a cotton bud and breath on the end of the bud and just use that to clean the laser. DO NOT USE CEMICALS OF ANY TYPE !!!!!! I can't tell you enough,be very carefull doing this prceedure with a cotton bud.
Other things can also go wrong with the meck is the wears out and fails to read the disk, motors fail ( develope a dead spot and refuse to spin ) and this would be were to repair your deck, you would be out of your depth.
i might just take it over to the electronics place i mentioned for his opinion and if to costly i will get one of those cd transmitters u mentioned but that creates another problem .i will have to find someone to download a list of songs to a usb stick approx 20 songs as my computer runs to slow thanks
david lee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post