Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #121
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Default Re: Pictures of FG2 FPVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge
a) F6 has had its own unique wheels for years, now they get hand-me-down ones from GT, that trust me won't suit everyone, not everyone likes dark wheels by any means.
b) It wouldn't have killed them to take the brakes off the PCM of the F6 in terms of evolving the F6 niche within the brand. What meaningful reason have existing F6 owners got to trade-up ?, besides now there's headroom up to the 335 peak power.
c) Proper sports seats, the lumbar "support" if you can call it that of existing F6 seats is hopeless in the twisties, (option of GT-P seats makes sense) or at the least they could have had decent seat bolsters like in the case of BF2 Typhoon seats.
d) He said they were working hard on it and whether he admitts it or not clearly inferred there would be improvements. What I'm suggesting is they havn't worked hard enough and I'd bet money future market sales of the F6 will validate my point of view.
e) As you know we've covered that before. That would cost serious money they havn't got.

Why would existing F6 owners upgrade when the vehicle they're being offerred is substantivly the same as a 2008 F6, same power, same torque, same handling, same driveline, same shape, same brakes, same soft unsupportive seats. FPV do almost exactly the same with MK2 F6 and they expect a different result...or do they ?
Suits me that FPV have a very clear R&D bias towards the SC V8 but I can't see turbo six fans doing handstands over it.
Why don't you say the whole F6 body kit is a hand me down. The wheels aren't hand me downs as you put it, they are, though, at the very least, a differentiation between Mk1 and Mk2. They could have done something else, but then someone other than you would have complained, so I don't see the point in FPV going overboard with spending especially when the whole idea is mainly to differentiate Mk2.

Not everyone likes dark rims? Like those Dark Argents? You've seen a glimpse of them on the intermenet and you're already concluding most won't like them?
They're not to your liking, that's cool, not everyone has taste.

In part "d)" you say "he's working hard on it". Working hard on what? The PCM? He must have been leading you up the garden path because how hard could it be. You're the only one in this thread asking for more power for the F6, everyone else here knows that's not necessary.
Then, you're contradicting yourself or you've changed your mind - Earlier you said there's almost nothing between them (and I agree), now you say there's headroom. What, like an extra 0.05 sooner to 100km/h?

I didn't think they were any different to the seats in the GT.

Next time you meet him ask him to be more clear. And Rodge, don't get wound up over this, from time to time they do give out false info for the obvious reasons.

Regarding the 8sp, it was tongue in cheek. Like, you expect too much.
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #122
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUD
Pardon me for saying this, but here is where you're wrong. It's not a Falcon. It's not a Ford. It's an FPV. Sure, FPV is a by-product of Ford itself, but if the 'it's a Ford/Falcon' logic is to be truly applied there would be no need for the FPV brand itself as everything could go back to the way it was pre-FPV where the GT was a Falcon GT, or GS was a Falcon GS. The current models are FPV GT and FPV GS respectively, no where on the vehicle nor the marketing material suggests they are Falcons.

Therefore, the least FPV could do whilst still wanting the GS to seem a cheaper look to the GT is to still at least differentiate it enough from the Falcon XR product so to make it clear what it is and let the joe blows of the world who don't overly think about this sort of thing know what is what.
sorry.. but at the end of the day your FPV is......

and just to confuse you....

all the sooks and knockers, suck it in and enjoy it while you can, who knows how much longer it will last....
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 11:39 PM   #123
HSE2

Fpv biased towards the v8! What in the last 12 months? What was the story for years 2005 -2010/11?
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 11:42 PM   #124
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
Fpv biased towards the v8! What in the last 12 months? What was the story for years 2005 -2010/11?
GT is king of the hill, a hard fact to face.....
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 12:00 AM   #125
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by excopau
i think FPV forget that the F6 is what it got through on until it got a real V8, now it wants to kill it slowly, not everyone wants an V8 or the extra 16000 price tag or rego and insurance. So why not put some money into it to refresh it a bit, im sure F6 paid its due not like the money the V8 owe over the years.
The money spent on FPV FG engines was around 28 million. At the time the F6 gained on the traditional margin between fpv products but continued with the mantra over the car on which it is based. If the xr6t moves so to does the F6.What did Ford do with the XR6? The bang for buck champ just got more buck.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
Old 06-12-2011, 12:24 AM   #126
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40RDT
I prefer the look of the series 1 GS front bar personally
I'm the same which is why I made sure I bought a car before the new series came out. The bottom part doesn't look as aggressive as the current front bar.

Are the physical dimensions of the headlight and front bar the same between current FG and the new one? Would make it easy for those that wanted to make their car look new
Old 06-12-2011, 01:10 AM   #127
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
2010 info:
FPV:
I-6T 477
V8 645

2009 info:
FPV:
I-6T 656
V8 1110

2008 info:
FPV:
I-6T 695
V8 1132
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 01:32 AM   #128
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
2010 info:
FPV:
I-6T 477
V8 645

2009 info:
FPV:
I-6T 656
V8 1110

2008 info:
FPV:
I-6T 695
V8 1132
Sales numbers aren't what we are talking about. We all know the v8s sold in spite of themselves, however it was the F6 that won the awards and praise. In most performance comparisons the gt was ignored. So if FPV was biased towards the V8 then what happened during the years mentioned. Its not a consumer statement, but a corporate statement. The answer isn't in those numbers, or at least not the one Rodge looking for.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:35 AM   #129
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

What he said ^^^
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 08:47 AM   #130
Rodge
Banned

TBH it suits me fine that FPV spent the money where they have but as a past F6 owner x 2 I feel for what could / might have been with the F6.

Fact is when they developed the F6 I remember how they made a meal of the 24,000 development hours that went into it. Even if you allocate a value of $50 per man hour that's a value of $1.2m, just a "little" different to their investment in the SC V8.

BF Typhoon R Spec probably represented the optimum point for the type, the point where it was most differentiated from the XR6 Turbo, special suspension, special firmly bolstered seats, sports guages, brakes and so on.

FG2 F6 could so easily have been more than it is. Suspension tweaks, PCM tweaks, reallignment of ZF gearbox production so all FPV cars get the same strengthened gearbox, an option of proper supportive sports seats and so on...oh well, so be it. As far as I'm concerned I'm going to square this away as a prime example of "there's no point living life looking in the rear view mirror".

Last edited by Rodge; 06-12-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 09:05 AM   #131
HSE2

What I found amusing with the V8 bias claim is that until recently they were accused of a 6 bias and by that I mean the last 12 months. The fact is that this is the issue you face with a budget that doesn't fully support diversification.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #132
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongt4me
valid points however, being able to change the psychi of having a 6 cyl outperform an 8 will always be a big issue to overcome. Can only imagine the impact that would have on GT sales...
Wouldn't worry me in the slightest. I drove a XR6 Turbo before buying a XR8 and repeated the exercise before buying a GT.

Different markets for the cars.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #133
falcongt4me
TSCoA member Qld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge
TBH it suits me fine that FPV spent the money where they have but as a past F6 owner x 2 I feel for what could / might have been with the F6.

Fact is when they developed the F6 I remember how they made a meal of the 24,000 development hours that went into it. Even if you allocate a value of $50 per man hour that's a value of $1.2m, just a "little" different to their investment in the SC V8.

BF Typhoon R Spec probably represented the optimum point for the type, the point where it was most differentiated from the XR6 Turbo, special suspension, special firmly bolstered seats, sports guages, brakes and so on.

FG2 F6 could so easily have been more than it is. Suspension tweaks, PCM tweaks, reallignment of ZF gearbox production so all FPV cars get the same strengthened gearbox, an option of proper supportive sports seats and so on...oh well, so be it. As far as I'm concerned I'm going to square this away as a prime example of "there's no point living life looking in the rear view mirror".
Surely at the end of the day, there could've been a lot more done with all models, both Ford and FPV, but there are obviously constraints and a bunch of people who make the big decisions whether they be right wrong or otherwise. Like you say, no point looking backwards. No manufacturer is ever going to get it right for every consumer. I reckon the car that is factory produced should be embraced for what is when it is produced. History will tell whether it was a lemon or not.

2002 AUIII TS50 Liquid Silver #206 (ex NZ)

T-Series Club of Australia member; QLD

falcongt4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 10:17 AM   #134
blk6t

I think the update is very minor and possibly FPV only did the update because Ford was releasing the the FG2 and the GS had to follow suit, I think you will find that FPV will release a more revised model during 2012.....hopefully.

We all have our wish list but in all honesty each car is a damn good package for a Falcon, I think FPV and Ford would like the people that keep holding out for the next version to buy one now. The more FPV's that sell now will only help FPV build better models in the future. So get buying people!!!!!

Actually I'm looking at buying a new ute for our business and now I am stuck, do I go the F6, GS (not liking the new front end) or XR6T????

That's a pretty good range to choose from and all 3 actually look different, if I looked at Holden all I have is really the SS, SSV (same thing as the SS) or Maloo...
Old 06-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #135
Bossxr8
Peter Car

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...25795E0004FC00
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2012, 04:17 AM   #136
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

So now with the FG mark 2 are the FPV models finally running wider rear tyres.

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #137
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
sorry.. but at the end of the day your FPV is......

and just to confuse you....

all the sooks and knockers, suck it in and enjoy it while you can, who knows how much longer it will last....

very good point pottery, 20 or 30 years we will probably all be driving fiat punto`s or similar, we won`t have these awesome factory hotrods .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #138
just_pazz
Ford Convert

All three look pretty damn good to me. I think they got the look of the GS just right considering it is essentially the replacement for XR8, and its the entry level vehicle in the FPV stable.

Now only if I wasn't so poor and drowning in debt that I could actually afford to buy one.
just_pazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #139
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

How about less back and forth dribble and more pictures.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #140
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford Performance Vehicles.

The GS is the base V8 model in the Falcon-derived lineup - with the GT being the only step up.

It suits its buyers just fine as some don't have the money for a GT.

Guarantee that almost all people complaining about the looks were never in the market anyway. The car is there for its performance - not purely for its looks, which is what people seem to be focusing purely on.

Fact is that people walking into the sales yard, handing over their own money and driving off with one is the best measure of success - not a forum where people have made a judgement from a few pictures.

I think the GS was a great idea as the XR8 simply didn't have the demand...

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2012, 12:29 AM   #141
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm
So now with the FG mark 2 are the FPV models finally running wider rear tyres.
No. Stuck with the 245's

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2012, 11:09 PM   #142
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeh i like the new gs front end, except for the lower "mouth" I cant stand the plastic grill - look slike its about to blow a bubble.
The GT one looks more open which is how they all should be.
I also LOVE they have kept the racoon war paint eyes.
A I also would like to know why utes cant have mirror indicators - doesnt the new rangers & collarados have them!
If the ute had mirror indicators then they could get rid of the stupid "blinker hole cover" badges the other models have.

edit* I just had a look at the FORD website and the xr6 sedan does not have mirror indicators either

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #143
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordOwner
y............ I also would like to know why utes cant have mirror indicators - doesnt the new rangers & collarados have them!
If the ute had mirror indicators then they could get rid of the stupid "blinker hole cover" badges the other models have.

edit* I just had a look at the FORD website and the xr6 sedan does not have mirror indicators either
Having a side mirror 6 times the price of a standard mirror sitting on a worksite might have something to do with it? Everything makes a cheaper model that little bit more expensive and then people will find other things (price) to whinge about.

Also it is just that little bit that differentiates between one model to the next. If they all had it, models would start to blur into each other that little bit more than they do all ready.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post