Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-08-2010, 11:37 PM   #1
stoodoo
Falcon R.I.P. 1960 - 2016

Default What's your eyebrow height?

After being disappointed with the ride quality and finishing height of my new Lovells sport low springs installed in my series 2 AU fairmont ghia, I'm interested in knowing what springs and heights you guys have ended up with in your AU's.

Lovells state sport lows for AU sries 2 IRS as: 360mm front 380mm rear, my car measures 345mm front and a tad under 360mm rear

Now at all what I expected. What are your experiences with springs and heights?

Cheers

stoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2010, 11:42 PM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoodoo
After being disappointed with the ride quality and finishing height of my new Lovells sport low springs installed in my series 2 AU fairmont ghia, I'm interested in knowing what springs and heights you guys have ended up with in your AU's.

Lovells state sport lows for AU sries 2 IRS as: 360mm front 380mm rear, my car measures 345mm front and a tad under 360mm rear

Now at all what I expected. What are your experiences with springs and heights?

Cheers
Mine's 340 front, 354 rears - minimum for ACT rego is 334 front and 345 rear.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2010, 12:45 AM   #3
edroders

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MONROE-GT-SHO...item335f9b5bef
Old 11-08-2010, 07:52 AM   #4
justa6
justa6

it's a bit lower, should be happy. most people put spring's in and say it isn't low enough.
justa6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #5
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I opted the cheap way out with the series 1 model of your car, and went kings lows in the front and superlows in the rear. It sits just above the tread on the back tyre and the same at the front, makes for a very even look.

The ride quality is a little harsher, however the handling improved 10 fold. If I was going to do it again I would still go the sl's in the rear as they look pimp, and give good clearence :P
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2010, 09:00 PM   #6
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have superlows in front with 18's, harsher ride but smooth on nice roads and flat, the rear was lowered 3"5 inchs with reset leaves. Wagons sit up high at rear, happy. Not to low to get too much attention.

AZZA
Old 12-08-2010, 09:35 PM   #7
tickfrd6

I've got ultra lows all round on my au IRS. It sits just on the top of the rubber on my 17" tickfords. The ride isn't to bad actually. Not as bad as I expected

Future mods:
19" staggered wheels
Clear side indicaters.

That is all
tickfrd6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2010, 11:05 PM   #8
TK-421

Ive currently got sl kingys with monroe sports and is a bit harsh at the front over bumps, i prefered the ride with the sl kings and pedders red shocks on my ef. both 4.0's.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #9
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

mine sits on king ssl 6cyl the guards hang over the tyres, looks great and i don't get any attention over the height. Bit rough with munroe gt sport. On the back are pedders lowest leafs which aren't even as low as the pursuit ute it was sitting beside when i picked it up lol, they need to be reset eventually.
blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2010, 10:58 PM   #10
HLC
Audi S3

I will measure mine when it gets here. Ultralows front and rear!