Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-02-2008, 01:15 AM   #31
DaveGod
Your not Ron

Lol, i dont mind spiders. I get freaked out when they suddenly run up my arm without asking first, or if its a posiness mean looking one. My brother is just as 'girly' as some you. My brother came home 1 day and just sat in his car for 10minutes untill i get a phonecall from him. So i go out and he puts his window down ever so slightly so he could tell me there was a spider on the car. I couldnt see it and told him 2 get out. Jesus he got out of the car as if some1 dropped an SBD (silent but deadly). I laughed at him so much and he was swearing at me lol. We eventually found it near the passenger wheel well, he kept telling me to kill it. But its just a huntsman so i wouldnt. He eventually got the hose lol.
Old 14-02-2008, 01:44 AM   #32
benoxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin_Girl
But thought it might be interesting to see peoples stories/remedies of creepy crawlies inhabiting their cars!
Crabs..
My XC panel van had crabs in amongst the satin sheets... but we all thought she was worth it. Think the girlfriend must have been affected too, cos she dumped me about a month after this.
R.I.P. Jarrad 22/05/83 - 08/12/02
benoxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2008, 01:59 AM   #33
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I don't know if this is in the right place, or if its been done before... But thought it might be interesting to see peoples stories/remedies of creepy crawlies inhabiting their cars! I remember ages ago someones car was infested with ants from an open can of coke...

Here's mine: huntsmans
...well sort of. I've seen two so far. A few days ago one jumped on my shoulder from somewhere while i was driving. Scared the crap out of me at first, needless to say! Then last night as i was pulling out of the driveway in another car i saw one scuttling around on the side of my tray, under my wheels etc. It was HUGE!

So now i'm convinced my ute is a paradise for huntsmans! I'm not afraid of spiders at least so that's helpful. Does anyone have any solutions? I don't really wanna kill them but i guess i have no choice, other than just putting up with it.....
Couple of years back when living on some decent acreage (Jimboomba) and parking in the big shed (8car parking) I jumped in the v8 xb wagon one morning ( bright yellow ugly as hell) and drove off to work then getting about two blocks from the first call off Anne st off the valley became aware of a HUGE bush rat sitting on the passenger seat looking at me , I freaked , it freaked and I damn near hit the car in the lane beside me . Had to hit the rear electric window and it bailed out the back as I stopped near the paper shop ready to run.. it was over 1/2 meter long and teeth looked like it could bite a hole in the door skin.. I HATE rats definitely the worst so far.. and no I never left the windows down when parking in the big shed again
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2008, 09:06 PM   #34
Marlin_Girl
I wish I was a Pursuit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by atec77
became aware of a HUGE bush rat sitting on the passenger seat looking at me , I freaked , it freaked and I damn near hit the car in the lane beside me . Had to hit the rear electric window and it bailed out the back as I stopped near the paper shop ready to run.. it was over 1/2 meter long and teeth looked like it could bite a hole in the door skin.. I HATE rats definitely the worst so far.. and no I never left the windows down when parking in the big shed again
Hahaha! We measured about 15 bush rats this morning from traps we set last night! Theyre alot smaller than you describe though, and very cute

CRABS??? lol benoxr, must have been some car to be worth it!!

pics of my ute HERE
Marlin_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2008, 09:10 PM   #35
HenryV8

Any ute owners had their cars infested with the female zombies Ford shows following the utes in their ads? If you have this problem PM me, and I'll come and "treat" them.
HenryV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2008, 10:31 PM   #36
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

So many people scared of spiders and rats... I will send these two in for ya!!!

Old 14-02-2008, 10:44 PM   #37
benoxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=MarlinCRABS??? lol benoxr, must have been some car to be worth it!![/QUOTE]

Sorry, I didnt write that too well. I was 17 at the time, and the young girl who paid a visit to my Van spread the sexually transmitted 'crabs' to 3 of us.
(may be called something other outside of S.A.)
The girlfriend dumped me about a month later so I suspect she may have been "infested" also.....
Aaahhh, to be young again........ :
R.I.P. Jarrad 22/05/83 - 08/12/02
benoxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2008, 10:44 PM   #38
gngtho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane_ghia
My missus and I pulled up at a servo one night, I hopped out of her car and filled it up. Upon returning from paying for the fuel, I notice something on the bonnet of the car. Once realising what it is, I calmly ask my missus to pass me my camera.

It then crawled through the grille on the bonnet...

After popping the bonnet, I flicked it out of the engine bay with a window squeegy and crushed it... Needless to say my missus never wanted to get back in her car again! :P

While I'm on the topic of auto infestations, my dad once had a old POS toyota runabout, that collected so much water, the carpet was moist enough to grow mushrooms, toadstools and grass in the back...
Now if Steve saw you crush it he'd ohhh crikey have a fit.
gngtho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2008, 10:47 PM   #39
gngtho
Banned

Ive only had a little bitty incy wincy male red back living in my drivers mirror, hes ok i leave him he leaves me alone, its a mutual thing. lol
gngtho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2008, 07:59 AM   #40
whiskieboy

I had 12 big blokes in my Kombi for a mates bucks night, as we drove around Geelong with them fighting and wrestling in the back etc. Just "having fun" they said, nearly rolled the Kombi everytime they slammed into the side of it. Next morning I noticed foot prints on the ceiling, on the walls, windows, never again, but what a great night.
whiskieboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2008, 12:50 PM   #41
XA_GT351
Supreme Machine!

My mate was driving my fb holden to a car show a couple years back, as i was talking to him i noticed a huge huntsman on his shoulder crawling up to his neck, it them moved down to his back. i carmly told him to pull over, as we were driving on the hwy at the time and it was fairly busy, he bloddy hates spiders, even little ones, i said theres a spider on his back, how big! how big! he jumps out of the car and the spiders still on him he runs around trying to shake it off, its still on there! takes his jumper off and kills it, lol i couldnt stop laughing it was just bloddy hilarious..

1960 FB Holden Wagon, Yellow, 192, 4spd,

My XA Build-Up
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...&page=10&pp=25
XA_GT351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2008, 02:27 PM   #42
henry 351
Punch it baby, punch it.

Location: Working hard. If you work hard you get the goodies.

I was driving along a few years ago when a lovely big furry huntsman came at me across the inside of the windscreen. I punched him with my left hand as I thought things should end there and then. The huntsman did meet his demise, but I was left with a sore fist and a cracked windscreen...
Old 15-02-2008, 04:26 PM   #43
irlewy86
Meep Meep

After a short license suspension the old XF had become infested with many different creepy-crawlies that I had to spend hours cleaning out. Unfortunatley I missed one.

A couple of weeks later I was driving with 2 friends in the car when I feel something brushing against my leg hairs. Of course having my eye's peeled on the road, the speedo and the absolute stunner in the back seat I ignored this slight sensation. A few more minutes pass with my eye's looking everywhere else but down when finally curiosity gets the better of me.

I look down to see the largest Redback I have ever seen in my life walking around on my shin.

Now I wasn't too worried myself, Redback venom takes a long time to kill and in most cases only leaves you very ill, you get a shot of anti-venom and it all works out. My major problem was I had 2 girls in the car that I didn't want screaming their lungs out and scaring the **** out of the spider, thus leaving me in hospital for 2 days.

So very discreetly I slip my left foot onto the back of my leg and wait until the redback decides if he will take a look. After a few minutes it does and to my good fortune climbs under the sole of my shoe. "SLAM" I kick the firewall and squish my little friend, the two girls ask whats wrong and I tell them.

"STOP THE CAR, STOP THE CAR, STOP THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arachnophobes crack me up.
Old 15-02-2008, 05:42 PM   #44
v8boss

I do a lot of work for a company that uses Knuckle Draggers for drivers. they are not the cleanest of people, and are quite happy to knaw on KFC bones and other crap while driving around, and then just throw the leftovers under the seat of the hiace they are driving. Whilst this might be nice for them, it does tend to attract cockroaches in plague proportions. they just love to live in carpet and nice warm engine bays, and so when I lift up the seat to work on the engine, or change a battery, or remove the drivers seat to replace a cambelt, they run everywhere, including all over the nice warm person that has just opened up thier home! I can tell you, there is nothing like the feeling of a cockroach in your shirt to make you yell and run around like a demented thing!
Old 15-02-2008, 05:45 PM   #45
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Mine wasn't actually an infestation inside the car, but it was on the outside on the front bumper. A bunch of green ants decided they'd call my car a home one night, and made a nest in behind the front bumper of my car. If anyone knows what green ants are like, they are rather aggressive. So picture waking up to seeing my car coated in hundreds and hundreds of green ants, ****ed off green ants. Needless to say, I hosed the car off, and then go under the car to search for the nest, when I was removing the plastic air dam under the bumper, the greenants nest fell on me, and I got the crap eaten out of me. Now, if you take a second to imagine what someone would look like, stripping off to their underwear and yelling and screaming whislt madly brushing and slapping away at their bodies then continuing to throw themselves into a pool, you'd have a fair idea of what happened to me.

My car is constantly infested with my other halfs hair...God I swear she must be shedding her winter coat of something. And since she has red hair...my god. I have a very interestingly coloured interior....Black with a nice red marble effect.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2008, 11:27 PM   #46
GT Chick

ok I have all so had Huntsmans in the car. One day driving to work happen to look out the window and see this spider go across my window. Pull over and thought I had got rid of him. Got to work no problem at all. Locked the car and thought nothing of it. Finished work and went to go home. Opened the door and see the spider sitting on the seat and was not quick enough to get the shoe off and kill it. It runs right under the steering wheel and down to the brake etc. So had no choice to drive him with one leg tucked up on the seat and keep looking for the dame thing. Got home no problem at all. Went straight in side and got the flea/spider bombs and hand to OH and told him what happened. He thought it was a laugh!!! He then set the flea/spider bomb off in the car and I will say the next morning I had one dead Huntsman!!! never had another spider in the car!!! Got to love the flea/spider bombs!!
GT Chick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2008, 12:54 AM   #47
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane_ghia
My missus and I pulled up at a servo one night, I hopped out of her car and filled it up. Upon returning from paying for the fuel, I notice something on the bonnet of the car. Once realising what it is, I calmly ask my missus to pass me my camera.

It then crawled through the grille on the bonnet...

After popping the bonnet, I flicked it out of the engine bay with a window squeegy and crushed it... Needless to say my missus never wanted to get back in her car again! :P

While I'm on the topic of auto infestations, my dad once had a old POS toyota runabout, that collected so much water, the carpet was moist enough to grow mushrooms, toadstools and grass in the back...
Haha my mum had a green Cortina that would leak really bad when it rained, and it ended up growing mushrooms in it. My sister and my mum tell me about it all the time!

Also Spiders scare the crap outta me, i instantly turn into a 3 year old girl when i see em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2008, 01:29 PM   #48
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

My mate bought an 80's hilux which was infested with live and corroded assault rifle bullets... we found about 50 of them under the seats, under the vinyl on the floor, behind the dash...everywhere
I have cobwebs in my car, but havent found any spiders yet... hmmm

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2008, 10:11 PM   #49
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

In 3 years of parking the AU2 Ghia in the driveway - nothing.

In the 10 months I have owned the spanking new Liberty, I found a huge sugar ant nest in the rear door shut line, outside of the rubber seal after we left the car for 3 weeks at home when on holiday. Took a bucket of water after the Mortein to clean out them buggers. They had all their eggs in there too.

Some weeks later, same new Liberty, maybe around last November, I see a medium sized hairy Huntsman crawl out from the base of the windscreen whilst in the Eastern freeway.... Holy Sh+t.... anyway, keep driving and it does a small circuit of the top of the dash, and then goes back to where it came from, disappearing at the base of the windscreen.

Get to work, and spray every nook and cranny in the car and under the bonnet with Mortein... never to see the spider again.
SSVPom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2008, 10:44 PM   #50
dallasv8
5.8 litres of fun

i climbed out the passenger door of my EA years ago when i had a huntsman climbing in my weather shield trying to ambush me.luckily it was on a straight flat road and the car finished rolling to a stop about 10 meters away.

one placed we lived after that when i had my AU1 VCT XR6 we had a open car cover thing and it had bushes growing more or less all around it.man, i used to get the damn 8 legged b@*tards on it every week.it was a nightmare.didnt live there long i can tell you.

needless to say, i am scared of spiders.probably inherited that from my mother.
Old 16-02-2008, 11:10 PM   #51
Happy_Chile
Green Goblin

at one stage my car was full of ants
Happy_Chile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2008, 06:23 PM   #52
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a resident Huntsman in my ute. you can see the hairy beggar on my avatar <<

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2008, 07:18 PM   #53
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hahaha! We measured about 15 bush rats this morning from traps we set last night! Theyre alot smaller than you describe though, and very cute

CRABS??? lol benoxr, must have been some car to be worth it!!
Dunno it might have been a visitor from the creek as it was huge and black not a brownie
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #54
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

My brothers car was infested with spiders once, had big ones, little ones, black ones, white ones, scary ones!, well all of them are scary!, i hate spiders lol!!
Old 19-02-2008, 02:46 AM   #55
auslander

I've had a few cases of huntsman in car syndrome. Never an exciting thing.

But my worst experience was nothing to do with spiders.

Some years ago, when i was a train driver for cityrail in Sydney, I was happily driving my choo choo, across the railway bridge between Rhodes and meadowbank. Was a hot morning, so had the door open at the front of the cab. The one if it was coupled to another carriage you could walk through.

Anyway, had that door open and the window in the drivers cab open.. so air would blast past me out my window.. Nice and cool(was an R set for the train buffs).

Anyway, going along, and i see this dark cloud right infront of me directly at cab height, didn't think much of it, but was curious. Till i went through it!!

All of a sudden my windscreen gets covered in millions of dead insects and my cab instantly fills with about 10 million bee's!!!

All blasting past me out the window beside me as it was the way the air went and the only way they could go.

So here i am running around the cab bashing myself to get these bastards off me, all the while i had the train in "Angel gear" and i went straight through Meadowbank station with me screaming like a sheila and running in a tight circle around my cab.

Musta looked funny to the almost passengers at meadowbank station

Got 1 sting out of all that and i held the train at West Ryde for ages till the station assistants cleaned the cab out. Also i never heard 1 thing about missing Meadowbank station.
auslander is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2008, 01:30 PM   #56
fpr_esp
351 xe s pac

Quote:
I don't know if this is in the right place, or if its been done before... But thought it might be interesting to see peoples stories/remedies of creepy crawlies inhabiting their cars! I remember ages ago someones car was infested with ants from an open can of coke...

Here's mine: huntsmans
...well sort of. I've seen two so far. A few days ago one jumped on my shoulder from somewhere while i was driving. Scared the crap out of me at first, needless to say! Then last night as i was pulling out of the driveway in another car i saw one scuttling around on the side of my tray, under my wheels etc. It was HUGE!

So now i'm convinced my ute is a paradise for huntsmans! I'm not afraid of spiders at least so that's helpful. Does anyone have any solutions? I don't really wanna kill them but i guess i have no choice, other than just putting up with it.....

i bought a xd fairmont ghia once that was infested with saw dust lol was previously registered in tassie so im gathering the guy used to cart wood around took me months to pluck the splinters from the interior lol. as for your problem i had a simular problem but mine was white tail spiders had nests and nests of the pricks, disconnect your battery so you dont destroy your electrical system and let off a couple off mortien or black flag bombs in your car works a treat no creepy crawlys for months, and go around the under carriage off your car with good boundry spray no cheap crap it dont last otherwise.
Old 24-02-2008, 01:50 PM   #57
reds89

my remedy for spiders and any thing else that moves and dont belong in my effie,wind the windows up shut one door and empty half a can of insect spray in the cab,shut other door wait about aday open doors let air out and give interior a wipe down,results=spiders 0,me 1 and anything else thats not supposed to be there.
reds89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post