Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-05-2005, 08:27 PM   #1
XRQTOR
Banned

Default Built ford tough

Last night i was out with a few mates but i was involved in an accident. I pulled up at a set of lights and my mate pulled up behind me in his GTI-R pulsar and then all of a sudden one of his mates shunts him from behind and he smashes into me. The ******** floored it out of a driveway with only about 1o meter's to the back of the second car.

After pulling up and checking my car i went to give this tool a good what for as it was clear he was being a dick and was not an accident and a few good mates kept me away from him. Coppers pull up and weren't at all intrested, said if it's drivable they refuse to do anything. My mates GTI-R **** end is smashed in big time and the front in is just as bad, front bar is rooted, bonnet is managled both front gaurds are buckled one headlight is smashed, radiator supports is bent back about 4 inches. The falcon didn't get a single scratch. No dents or marks of any kind but the front of this other car is ****ed. Well done ford, built ford tough.

To make matters worse this tool that caused it owns a GTI=R as well and bought it 2 days ago, and has NO INSURANCE. If there isn't $6,ooo+ damage to my mates car ill give my car away. Coppers didn't care at all, they wanted to go. Didn't ask to see a licence or breath test the tool or anything, no names were taken or a report taken. Then the copper has the hide to say to me, why do you have the shits its only a rear bar. Your not going to make hime pay for it are you. Ill admit i shouldn't have said what i did to the copper after that comment and they deserve more respect but the careless attitude they had was bullshit, esp seeing as there was as much damage as there was and he had no INSURANCE. After telling the copper in a not so polite way the car is brand new and i paid $6o,ooo for it im sure as hell getting any damage repaired i went up and said sorry for my abuse as they left. Then the women turns around an tells me if it was me i wouldn't worry about it..............

The car that caused the accident needed the front bar ripped off as it had buckled into the front wheels and couldn't steer, also smashed the windscreen wiper bottle and raditator overflow bottle. Looks like the radiator was punchered as well. The copper told him it was right to drive home as if it went on a tilt tray they have to book him and report it. The least they could have done was take down the names off people involved and do a quick report so that if this guy doesn't payup for all the damaged caused it shouldn't be to hard to chase him down.

Last edited by XRQTOR; 22-05-2005 at 08:55 PM.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 08:35 PM   #2
LUXO_8
windsor user

sounds like the cops didnt want to do any paperwork..

get your insurance co to fix it and sue him..... easy
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 08:57 PM   #3
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
sounds like the cops didnt want to do any paperwork..

get your insurance co to fix it and sue him..... easy
Im right mate. doesn't appear to be any damage to my car. I was hit fairly hard so im going to get it looked at as when you push hard on the rear bar there seems to be a big bend in the middle. Can only assume the plate behind the bar might be bent.
Old 22-05-2005, 09:07 PM   #4
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cops probably thought GTIr then its because you were all being stupid even though you obviously werent. You have to wonder why sometimes you pay taxes when the cops cant do shit all. They have no problem defecting people and catching people speeding. The problem is if you sue them and if they aint got nothing then you cant get anything

Hope it all works out for you mate.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 10:19 PM   #5
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Im right mate. doesn't appear to be any damage to my car. I was hit fairly hard so im going to get it looked at as when you push hard on the rear bar there seems to be a big bend in the middle. Can only assume the plate behind the bar might be bent.
that'd be the fibreglass bumper reinforcement...
can be hella expensive to replace - up to a grand on some cars
Old 22-05-2005, 10:36 PM   #6
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Definately get it looked over, could be hidden damage. As you said, you're insured so I'd make the claim and let them chase the money out of the idiot that caused it.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 02:17 AM   #7
Dez
Banned

seems odd that your car has NO visual damage...they may be built tough, but in all reality the rear is only plastic/fibreglass whatever, and is a painted surface. If the car that hit you has so much front damage, how can there be not even a scratch in your paint work?

I think cops dont have any business at an accident unless someone is injured, or a car is written off...but i agree, it just sounds like they were being lazy.

hopefully any damage to your car is paid for and not by you. I'd definitely get it all looked at, as your not at fault I would be making sure that its 100% perfect, or someone is paying to make it 100% perfect again. even if its the smallest of scratches
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 12:28 AM   #8
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
seems odd that your car has NO visual damage...they may be built tough, but in all reality the rear is only plastic/fibreglass whatever, and is a painted surface. If the car that hit you has so much front damage, how can there be not even a scratch in your paint work?

I think cops dont have any business at an accident unless someone is injured, or a car is written off...but i agree, it just sounds like they were being lazy.

hopefully any damage to your car is paid for and not by you. I'd definitely get it all looked at, as your not at fault I would be making sure that its 100% perfect, or someone is paying to make it 100% perfect again. even if its the smallest of scratches
I cant explain it the rear bar is near perfect, only noticable things are 1 tiny paint chip about 1/8 the size of a 5cent coin and 1 small dent 1/4 of that size again on the lip for the little indented line that runs across the bar. Also there is a slight lift (In the center) in the bar compared to the bootlid, was there before but seems a little higher. Having had a 18 hour day at work on fri then a huge night out on sat and dropping the last girl off at 6:3oam sunday i didn't really notice the marks till i washed the car. The dirt was thick and covered these tiny little marks.

Considering how much damaged was caused to the front of my mates car you'd swear im talking shit.

Last edited by XRQTOR; 26-05-2005 at 12:42 AM.
Old 26-05-2005, 12:37 AM   #9
XRQTOR
Banned

After getting it looked at by the only smash repair shop i'd consider taking my car to im astounded. $24oo worth of damage, rear reinforcment is bent (welded in). Rear bar needs to be replaced ???. And it has actually rippled the floor pan in the boot alittle.

Wonder how he's going to feel tomorrow when i give him the quote. My mate is getting his looked at on sat morning so he's not going to have a good weekend. Oh well thats the price you pay for being a ****wit.

Apparently this guys old man is going to pay for the damages as this (Atfault) car wasn't insured, i'd hate to be footing the bill for all this. Between all 3 cars i'd have to pass $1o,ooo easily esp seeing as both the other cars are privatly imported Nissian GTI-R's.
Old 26-05-2005, 12:39 AM   #10
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd get the work done. My car was hit up the back - there was visible damage to the bumper and paintwork - a seemingly minor job - the job was worth $1200 to repair and paint the bumper and replace the reinforcement behind the bumper. No other panels were affected.

The guy who caused the crash will think twice next time if after this blows over the insurance companies will leave him with no car and no money and you and your mate will have your cars fixed up. My insurance says if you give the name of the person at fault, you don't pay the excess - so if you can do the same, let the insurance company do the work and earn the premium
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 12:42 AM   #11
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My EL had similar till you looked closely. The car was a banana. Required new rear bar support, rear bar and to be straightened on a rack. My wife didn't realise the bloke had banana'd the car. I was ****ed. As I hate owning a later model car thats been smashed. I can accept a 20-30yo one though.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 01:05 AM   #12
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
I'd get the work done. My car was hit up the back - there was visible damage to the bumper and paintwork - a seemingly minor job - the job was worth $1200 to repair and paint the bumper and replace the reinforcement behind the bumper. No other panels were affected.

The guy who caused the crash will think twice next time if after this blows over the insurance companies will leave him with no car and no money and you and your mate will have your cars fixed up. My insurance says if you give the name of the person at fault, you don't pay the excess - so if you can do the same, let the insurance company do the work and earn the premium
Yea i only reinsured my car 2 weeks ago with a new company, just cars. I have a $26oo excess so im not going to claim, i also have the cash to fix it.

Next move depends on how he plays it tomorrow when i hand him the bill. If the damage is going to get paid for in a reasonable time and fixed correctly there wont be a problem.

I know when i hit a bloke from behind (accidently not being a dick) the last thing i wanted was an insurance company chasing me or the police involved but being a tool he called the cops and tried to claim on his insurance. He took his car to the smash repair i am using now as i requested and was told his car would be fixed at no cost to him, rang the cops and told them i wasn't going to pay then tried to make a claim. The smash repair threw his claim in the bin and the coppers ended telling him to ****off as he was bugging them. I had the cash to fix both our cars which was $4,ooo worth but if i didn't do that i'd have never got my Ba insured, a 19 yr old with 1 at fault driving an xr8 yea right i had enough trouble getting it insured now. I would have had my car 4 months sooner if i didn't have the accident but then i'd also have a MKI xr8 not a MKII so it goes in roundabouts aye.
Old 26-05-2005, 01:19 AM   #13
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I hope you got the badge numbers of the coppers and are going straight to their Sergeant! Unless it's different up there they have to breatho everyone involved. Hell I was breathoed at the cop shop after I rocked up to report the accident.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 09:43 AM   #14
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Yea i only reinsured my car 2 weeks ago with a new company, just cars. I have a $26oo excess so im not going to claim, i also have the cash to fix it.
I thought that if you were not at fault, you don't have to pay any excess? That has been my experiences with insurance companies. Easier to deal with your insurance company and let them go and chase the $$ out of the at fault party. Save yourself the run around, and let the insurance company earn their $$.
Old 26-05-2005, 03:02 PM   #15
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't you just love these pr**ks without insurance? Spend mega$ on their cars and then don't insure. Its all been well documented in these forums before but GRRRRRRRRRRRRR. As for the coppers thats the way it works these days they don't care if you can drive the car away but I still think you have to report it within 24 hours at local station.
Old 26-05-2005, 03:25 PM   #16
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
Don't you just love these pr**ks without insurance? Spend mega$ on their cars and then don't insure..
Yep - If you can't afford the insurance, you can't afford the car.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 04:22 PM   #17
james

while we are on the topic.

what happens if you have an accident, its your fault but have insurance and pay for it out of your own pocket. do you still loose your rating or it doesnt count because you paid for it.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 04:39 PM   #18
Dez
Banned

if no claims are made, i dont see why you're premium etc would be affected
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 05:43 PM   #19
JBonDSS
Towie F150

I have screwed by un insured driver b4.

The last time is happen - uninsured driver drove done the side of my car.
rang the insure co from the seen of the accident & gave them all the drivers details & car details, right there & then,
This way it was up the insure co. to get the money out of the at fault driver,
I went to the most expensive places to get quotes. got approved. Had my car fixed,\

No idea what happened to other driver nor do i care, I spent not 1 dollar.

The insurance co will only take your exess if its your at fault, single car accident (animal, malicus damage/vandalism, etc), or you cant prove who did it (no id, number plate)

So i would give the details & ask them what you need to do next, it should go get quotes
JBonDSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 06:11 PM   #20
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Mate,
Use your insurance.
If you have this guys name, address and rego you should not affect your no claim bonus or have to pay the exsess.
You will this way get a warranty on your repairs if you claim. I know the guy is your mates mate but don't leave yourself open like this. It's not your fault and if the guys dad is gunna pay anyway let the insurance company deal with him.
What if 2 years down the track the repairer you used goes broke or out of business and your paint starts prematurly fading on the repair????
Old 26-05-2005, 06:14 PM   #21
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would also file a report to the police ombudsman (speeling?) or similar to complain about those cops, its b*llshit the way they treated you!
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 06:31 PM   #22
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

a) realise if you claim it on insurance, likely to affect your premiums... doesnt matter who is at fault...

b) there may be some issues claiming it on anyone's insurance... as the first thing they will ask for is where to obtain a copy of the police report... ive never heard of a claim being paid without a supporting police report... for all the insurer knows, you are making it up...

Best of luck sorting this out mate. Let's hope Mr GTI-R's daddy is good for his word...
Old 26-05-2005, 06:44 PM   #23
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
a) realise if you claim it on insurance, likely to affect your premiums... doesnt matter who is at fault...

b) there may be some issues claiming it on anyone's insurance... as the first thing they will ask for is where to obtain a copy of the police report... ive never heard of a claim being paid without a supporting police report... for all the insurer knows, you are making it up...

Best of luck sorting this out mate. Let's hope Mr GTI-R's daddy is good for his word...
insurance companies no longer require a police report unless there is an injury...
Old 26-05-2005, 07:03 PM   #24
Marlin_Girl
I wish I was a Pursuit...

my god $2400 worth of damage and you couldn't see it!!! scary huh...

Once this lady just reversed into me in the middle of the road because she was giving the person in front of her room and didn't bother to check her mirrors and see that there were 3 cars behind her. AT the time we had a look at my ute and there was no visible damage at all apart from a bit of a scratch in the numberplate! And wouldve felt like a tool asking for her details so i left it... now the paint on the front bar where she hit me is all warped and starting to peel. obviously the water got in. SO ****ED at myself for not getting her details!! But yeah, that's not that bad, my point is it may look like theres nothing wrong to you, or a cop or whatever, but you don't really know what's underneath! Good you got it checked out

pics of my ute HERE
Marlin_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 08:35 PM   #25
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

For all those having a cry about the cops: unless there is a person injured, someone under the influence of drugs/alcohol, party/s fail to exchange particulars, the damage to any vehicle involved needs to be towed, then the cops dont HAVE to get involved. In these instances, the insurance companies decide who is at fault regardless of whether the at fault driver has insurance or not. You will not have a drama getting your car fixed, your insurance company will headhunt the clown. If you want the cops to know then go to the copshop or better still, go call the police assistance line.
Old 26-05-2005, 11:07 PM   #26
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDXR6
I would also file a report to the police ombudsman (speeling?) or similar to complain about those cops, its b*llshit the way they treated you!

Yeah, your on to something there. Did you happen to get the names of the lazy bums in blue? Surely a three car incident would need to be reported.
SunDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post